Super Street Fighter IV Sakura VS (insert character here) Dictionary

sakura

This is for you Joe! Sorry I dissappeared on ya!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: Now in alphabetical order. General Tips up front. Added what new information there was.

General Tips

General Tips

Spoiler

Abel

Abel Tips

Spoiler

Adon

Adon Tips

Spoiler

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=233371&p=8806350&viewfull=1#post8806350

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=233371&p=8852921&viewfull=1#post8852921

Akuma

Akuma Tips

Spoiler

Balrog

Balrog Tips

Spoiler

Blanka

Blanka Tips

Spoiler

Cammy

Cammy Tips

Spoiler

Chun Li

Chun Li Tips

Spoiler

Cody

Cody Tips

Spoiler

C. Viper

C. Viper Tips

Spoiler

Dan

Dan Tips

Spoiler

Dee Jay

Dee Jay Tips

Spoiler

Dhalsim

Dhalsim Tips

Spoiler

Dudley

Dudley Tips

Spoiler

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=233371&p=8805458&viewfull=1#post8805458

E. Honda

E. Honda Tips

Spoiler

El Fuerte

El Fuerte Tips

Spoiler

Fei Long

Fei Long Tips

Spoiler

Gen

Gen Tips

Spoiler

Gouken

Gouken Tips

Spoiler

Guile

Guile Tips

Spoiler

Guy

Guy Tips

Spoiler

Hakan

Hakan Tips

Spoiler

Ibuki

Ibuki Tips

Spoiler

Juri

Juri Tips

Spoiler

Ken

Ken Tips

Spoiler

Makoto

Makoto Tips

Spoiler

M. Bison

M. Bison Tips

Spoiler

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=233371&p=8832032&viewfull=1#post8832032

Rose

Rose Tips

Spoiler

Rufus

Rufus Tips

Spoiler

Ryu

Ryu Tips

Spoiler

Sagat

Sagat Tips

Spoiler

Sakura

Sakura Tips

Spoiler

Seth

Seth Tips

Spoiler

T. Hawk

T. Hawk Tips

Spoiler

Vega

Vega Tips

Spoiler

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=233371&p=8809845&viewfull=1#post8809845

Zangief

Zangief Tips

Spoiler

And if we have way too much information, and I need to split everything up

A: You should alphabetize the characters so it’s not a pain trying to find a matchup and so this thread has basic organization.

B: You have Cammy listed twice.

C: Personally, I’d think the general strategy should go on top of everything else.

Nice initiative GGawaran and I also agree with Hace suggestions.

Better keep this bad boy updated! I hate looking through the three threads here for character information ><. Be nice to have a clean organized area.

Look forward to seeing it in action.

Score.

I think all Sak players will have something to add or take from here. I personally need help against Vega and Dudley. I just can’t touch them.

against vega (whos been nicely buffed) I think best option for now is Focus Attack his barcelona attacks, then punish when u absorb. when he has ultra, dont throw any fireballs, sakuras are slow recovery, and easily gone through using his fireball-proof ultras… both of them i believe :S

I don’t know much about dudley yet… but I think things will pick up soon, as people are just learning how to use the characters.

I play Dudley a lot like Gouken. Got the counter, the fireball evasion, the corner combos, the wakeup mixup, etc. His pokes are pretty poor too(except jab). Once he pushes you out of range, ain’t much he can do. Only played one decent Dudley so far, and he continued to go down from pokes, nothing special at all. He’ll eventually want to jump in or use a special to dash back up, which tend to all be fairly unsafe. More experience needed, but there’s a start for yeah = p.

-Something I wanted to experiment more was whiffing a buffered cr.mk-

Kinda like what you do to Rog to stop his dash punches. I know the mk will stuff Dudley’s punches if timed right, but the punishment for a mistimed can be fairly severe.

===

Adon: Jumping LK beats his wall dive, and begins a mixup = p. Once that’s shut down, he’s pretty much left with his awesome crossup/pokes->srk. I’d avoid focusing him though, he has some great armor breaking/punish tools. Hell, he may focus->forward dash throw you a lot since he moves so fast.

Its organized by lines of how you pick them in the character select going from top to bottom left to right. But since you guys want it alphabetically >.<

I do know that U2 is absolutely free if Adon tries to wall dive at you if you have quick reaction time. Aboslutely free.

In my 350 or so battles in ranked, I really only have lost against people who knew what they were doing with guile, fei long. (So far at least).

Guile - You have to just be patient with him in my opinion. FA his sonic booms and build a meter, get close and pressure him into the corner, after that its kinda iffy, I usually throw a EX hadouken to get him to block, then have the option of trying to jump in with a cross up, or walk up and throw. His summersault usually whiffs if you attempt to cross up, leaving him open for big damage.

Fei Long - A Fei Long I played this morning just had sick normals, and ranged himself right, I hadn’t played a good fei in a while and when I finally had an idea on how to approach him it was too late. I don’t remember his moves so I need to refresh my memory and ill post up some strat against him.

That advice against Guile is golden… now does anyone have any advice for Claw? Just got totally destroyed by a vega in a team battle…

For Vega, just avoid the urge to poke or focus him, he will beat you out every time. Don’t rely on cr.HP either, his jump in tends to beat it. Rely more on nuetral/back jump mp/mk. This will beat his jump ins and wall dive. You can probably focus his jump in and dive too, but don’t expect a crumple too often. You mainly wanna use it to confuse, pressure, or escape.

I find the key to beating a Vega is knowing his block string. After the quick jabs, he’ll probably try a longer slow medium punch before you’re out of block range. After which, he has several options, and this is where all Vegas differ.
-He will jump back in and repeat
*Beat with neutral jump
-He will sit on his charge and wait for you to do something stupid (like jump in)
*Don’t be stupid, just turtle him out, he can’t do much
-He will slide forward
*Punish on block, or focus it… be ready for a tech throw too
-He will forward kick (df+HK)… which usually results in a throw attempt if blocked.
*Option Select Throw

Once you get a knockdown is where the match changes heavily for Vega. Get in his face and don’t let up. His flip isn’t safe, you can just follow him to the corner and apply more pressure (mainly with mk->shouken). His scarlet terror is slightly better, but still no srk, cross him up.

When he has ultra, and you see him flip to full screen, don’t fall for it by throwing a fireball =_=;.
Once you know what he likes to do, that’s where you’ll get your chance to attack.

Do you guys want me to pull information from the old thread joe started? A lot of things changed and a lot of things didn’t.

Just a little something I found about playing against Cody. After j.HK or j.HP, cr.HP will whiff if the Cody was crouching. This is especially true off a neutral j.HK. He goes into an animation where his whole head flings back and your cr.HP whiffs everytime. More annoying then the fucky hitbox Honda has. May or may not be useful to put in the Cody section here.

if it’s helpful, sure.

edit: double post

with Cody I usually do cr.HK after j.HK/j.HP for the reason you mentioned, or else I do an EX hadouken if I have it available…