Let’s talk about sweep (db + hk, not the slide).
I bet no one has ever used it. Me too lol.
- Startup: 12f (really horrible!!!)
- Recovery on block: -5f (this is good, comparing to other sweep)
- Range: really poor
- Hitbox: the worst I’ve ever seen!
- Damage: 100 (really good)
So why use it?
Because if you score knockdown, you can teleport to the other side for free, and SAFE. Of course you’ll be close to your opponent, but with a few frame advantage.
An important thing: you need to use LIAT teleport (f,d,df,f,uf+PPP) to be safe. Normal teleport is unsafe.
When use sweep?
- in the corner with some risk. The reward is to get a free escape.
- after a FA lv.2: then use back dash, slide mk (instead of forward dash) and use sweep. It does 150 damage adn it’s the best follow-up after a FA lv.2 It doesn’t work at FA full range, but in the corner it does.
- to punish a whiffed shoryuken (especially the lp version) if it’s out of throw range.
- NEW: After blocking a Rufus messiah kick, FA lv.2 the followup. You’ll get a crumple against low kick and overhead kick. Then take a step, use the sweep and teleport.
Here’s a video: [media=youtube]uQm3SGDQkDM[/media]
Feel free to suggest any other way to use it.