Switching pad to joystick

direct me to any other threads on this topic if there are any but I didn’t see one. I play ssf4 on pad well and haven’t really had a reason to switch to joystick. So i know fighting games and all that. But I’ve picked up kof and now persona 4 and more so for persona you have to hit multiple buttons for burst and all that and I don’t think there’s enough buttons with trigger and bumpers for all the commands.

I bought the stick already and I know it takes time but I’m struggling mostly with hitting multiple buttons that are on top of each other like x and a. I use my pointer and middle finger to press them but I imagine must players use thumb and pointer. Is this the case and does anyone have any tips on the button layout for a 4 button game or tips for pressing multiple buttons( when I do it it’s usually to slow to tech grabs and combo). any help on approaching this would be appreciated.

There are a shittonne of topics on this (even some of page 1). Search function is your friend.

Please read the stickies before asking questions. The execution thread has info on how to clean up your inputs.