Syracuse, NY - Saturday, Feb 27th

UPSTATE KUMITE

• Last updated: 2/8/10*

Upstate Fighting will be holding a fighting game tournament at the E-Gamers Exchange on Saturday, Feb 27th.

Guest of Honor: Stridajin! This will be Strida’s last tournament with us for awhile as he is going to Afghanistan (not for vacation, for America!) in March.

Tournaments:

Tekken 6 Singles
12pm Registration, 1pm start
$10 Entry, Pot split 70/20/10 among top 3
3/5 rounds, 2/3 games for qualifying rounds
3/5 rounds, 3/5 games for Winners and Losers finals
3/5 rounds, 4/7 games for Grand Finals
Double elimination
WILDCARD SEE BELOW

Street Fighter IV Singles
12pm Registration, 2pm start
Pot split 70/20/10 among top 3
2/3 rounds, 2/3 games for qualifying rounds
2/3 rounds, 3/5 games for Winners and Losers finals
2/3 rounds, 4/7 games for Grand Finals

TvC
2/3 games for qualifying rounds
3/5 games for Winners and Losers finals
4/7 games for Grand Finals

Blazeblue:CT
2/3 rounds, 2/3 games for qualifying rounds
2/3 rounds, 3/5 games for Winners and Losers finals
2/3 rounds, 4/7 games for Grand Finals

Tekken 6 2v2 Teams
After Single
$5 Entry, Winning team takes all
SBO Format
3/5 rounds
Double Elimination

MvC2 - If enough interest is shown in MvC2, it will be run to accommodate the players.

Venue
E-Gamers Exchange
527 Charles Ave, Solvay, NY
http://egamersexchange.com/

There will be a $5 venue fee for this tournament, the venue fee applies to anyone who comes whether to enter tournaments or play casuals. No one from Upstate Fighting is pocketing this money or making any type of profit off of the venue fee, 100% of the venue fees collected will go to the E-Gamers Exchange for the use of their facility to host our events.

Parking is located in the plaza in front of the store. There are multiple places to eat around the area.

Please remember, that E-Gamers is a business and you can check out their deals, sales and specials at their website posted above. If you have any games lying around and you are wondering if you could get trade in, bring them in and I’m sure they would be happy to see what you have and show you what they have.

Support your community!

WILDCARD - Upstate Fighting Tournaments at the E-Games Exchange have always featured a wildcard match in which two entrants who finished outside of the top 10 were randomly chosen to have a FT5 for epic prizes such as a Fightstick and a Sega Genesis console! Looking to keep the tradition alive, this tournament will feature another twist to try to entice new players to come out of the woodwork to enter.

All entrants who finish in the bottom 4 (possibly 8 if time permits) will square off for the wild card prize in a single elimination, 3/5 rounds, 2/3 games tournament.

The wild card prize is to be determined, and there is NO extra fee for this! We want you to get as many tournament level games in as possible.

looking forward to this, hope theree is a TvC tournament

hope the 3/5 round is a typo, copy paste from tekken rules lol

syracuse isn’t far from buff so i’ll probably show up.

Ha, yea it was a copy/past error. I’ll edit that. Thanks.

Bump for a reminder. Only a few weeks out.

but to remind everyone

Bump!

this will be good times

Everyone iss just scared of Syracuse that’s all Jason don’t worry about it.

First post updated with times and touny list.

12pm - Registration open
1pm - TvC, BB:CT
2pm - 3pm: T6 and SF4, 4 stations per game. If we are running both by 3pm we are in good shape.

Hmm, I doubt I’ll have time to get up there for this particular event, but I’m glad I know about this now. Maybe next time you guys hold a get together I’ll be able to show up, Solvay isn’t that far from Auburn.

yeah definitly if you live in auburn thats rly close, i know a couple guys who live there and stop by for games frequently. you should check out upstatefighting.com, thats where we all post gatherings and tournies for the most part.

Yea it’s looking like I’ll be able to get there so long as the weather is alright. I’m mad hyped for this now. :rock: I didn’t really know there was any sort of fighting games scene near where I lived, so this is one helluva pleasant surprise.

EDIT: Oh, one important question, will you guys be using the 360 or PS3 version of SFIV? Because I only own an arcade stick for the 360.

good luck on your turnout, syracuse is way the fuck out there

I just hope the weather is alot better tomorrow. As of now that’s the only factor that could stop me from showing up for this.

good luck to everyone traveling, drive safe