Taito Type X2 to TV

dear guys,
i am a newbie in arcade systems, but i am a big fan of street fighter i have ordered the Street Fighter 4 kit PCB which includes:
* Taito Type X2 Main board
* USB Dongle
* Hard Disk
* I/O board
* Hub
* Cables (Audio cable, Power cable, Video conversion connector, USB cable and Video cable)
* Sticker
* Poster
* Manual (copy)
* International version

i am wondering if i can hook up this thing to my LCD TV or do i need to a special cabinet? if i can hook it to my tv, how can i do that? and how can i connect a joystick to the main board and if i need a special 6 button joystick where to get one?

sounds like you’re in need of a “supergun”

and yes you can hook it up to your LCD, you need a DVI-HDMI cable to do so.

Hope you bought Two Taito Type X2 boards if you want to play 2 player lol. I’m so jealous though.

A thousand people have talked about ordering one, but I think you might be the first individual (not business) to actually go through with it.

There’s a guy on the Arcade Otaku forum that ordered one, but he got the whole Taito Vewlix cab too.

I know someone who purchased two of them. There is a DVI output on the back of the Taito. Just plug it in and you’re good to go.

-Tha Hindu

you talk about business or pleasure ?? :confused:

If you say “pleasure”. lol

if you say “business”. no problem. that’s profile money!

I don’t know what opips2 is saying here but I agree with him completely.

Your I/O board should have inputs for it. You’ll need some kind of housing for the controllers though. Any number of stick sellers in the selling forums should be able to rig something up for you.

Also, anyone confirm yes/no on what big Ed said? Can you do 2 players with 1 kit?

Need 2 kits for 2 players. Confirmed many, many times.

What’s nice about buying the SFIV kit is they supply you with a hub. What I’m wondering is lets say that you have multiple SFIV cabinets all hooked up to the same hub, does the board automatically pair you up with someone that’s playing by themselves? If it does then that would be the hawtness because you could be playing with someone thats like on the other side of the arcade if they’re all hooked up together.

thats exactly what it does, tetsuo. its cool, but on the flipside. what if the arcade has a shit ton of setups hooked up to the network. and say you and a buddy go and occupy some empty cabinets and want to test some theories out. well, cant do that, cuz more than likely, theres already someone in that arcade that doesnt have an opponent and you get matched up with the first person available. so you have no choice over who you can play.

its a double edged sword

thats not true.

its an operator setting that is set. You can match up with another player on the network, or play by yourself Vs CPU.

yes i know that, im talking if you want to play your buddy, specifically, you cant. i know all about versus and vs cpu options. wasnt referring to that at all. that option sucks too tho, if theres only one setup and some douche clogs up the cabinet playign 1p while no one else can play vs =/

there is also a way to do that. (i’m 95% sure about this now)

in the taito network settings theres a option to set a group identifier to the unit, and whether you can to make it challenge “In-group” or “Cross-Group” That does, only if the operator sets it, allow people to play on their own if they’re sitting it their own island. Most places in the US only have 2 units anyway, so theres no reason to mess with this. Just throwing it out there.

Seconded

hmm thats interesting indeed. but yeah you are right. with us being in the US, not really a bidg deal heh

These freaking boards support 1440p. I’m wondering what the image would look like with that kind of resolution:wow:.

they do? i’m 99% sure they dont.

Taito Type X2
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400?Pentium 4 651?Celeron D 352 (up to latest Core 2 CPUs supported by the chipset)
Chipset: Intel Q965 + ICH8
Monitor: 720p/1080p/1440p HD LCD Monitor
RAM: DDR2 667/800MHz (512MB/1GB, up to 4GB)
GPU: PCI Express x16-based graphics. Support cards include ATI RADEON X1600Pro/X1300LE or nVIDIA GeForce 7900GS?7600GS?7300GS, up to latest graphic cards (Radeon HD 3800 or Geforce 9800 series)
Sound: Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 channel Sound (supports add-in sound cards)
LAN: 10/100/1000 BASE-T
I/O ports: 1x JVS, 4x USB 2.0 (up to 8), 1x serial (max 2), 1x parallel port, 2x PS/2, 2x SATA
Audio inputs: AKG C535EB Stage Microphone, line-in (Surround 7.1)
Audio outputs: 7.1, SPDI/FX
Expansion Slots: 1x PCI Express x16 (used by video card), 1x PCI Express x4, 2x PCI
Storage: 2x 80 GB 10k RPM SATA Hard Drives
Media: 80 GB 10000 rpm Hard Drive

Wiki says they do hm… I’m kinda curious why with those specs the boards and kit are 6-7k a piece … but whatever. I just bought a PC for like $1300 retail with specs that are similar if not better, and it came with a HD monitor and sound system …
I