TE Differences (Breakdown in 3rd post)

WRONG!! ALL the TE stick have pcb issues…Between me, my friends, and brother in law, we have all had problems with our sticks. Both PS3 and Xbox versions. All in all, we have 3 Rd 1’s, 2 Rd 2’s, 2 Mvc, 1 Femme Fatale, 1 SDCC, 1 Asian TE, and 2 TE S. I could understand the Xbox versions crapping out, but no, all 12 have had problems. The TE “S” weren’t even a week old before RB & RT kept going out. We’ve since dual modded all of them using Chimp boards!

I should mention that I still think the RD 1 TE is best looking stick out there. They are so freakin easy to work with and to customize! Also, even with having to replace the pcb, it’s still cheaper to buy a TE than to make your own stick…most of the time.

My vote still goes for the 1st generation.

Can’t beat those white sides.

can anyone tell me the exact joystick model used in the TEs?

Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK-K for the TE S.
Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK-O for the Comic-Con TE.
Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK-Y for the Marvel vs. Capcom TE.

Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK-W for every else.

Imo, no bezel = cuts . . bad
i tried to do the therefore sign… i got owned

Man, unrelated, but I was lectured today in math structures how we should avoid the therefore sign because it’s not standard, but the prof will accept it for the class. Weird that it popped up and pwned you.

That stupid three dot like triangle thing?
Never used it; it is that Dick.

thanks.

so the GT-Y restrictor is compatible with all of them, then?

Sanwa GT-Y is made for Sanwa JLF.

heh, just a ball top color change

K = black
O = orange
Y = yellow
W = white

I just wanted to confuse.
Laugh.

ah right. what does the SK mean?

Yup. And its upside-down counterpart “Because.” Man, and we were talking about sets and families of them. So “For all A contained in the family A,” look like:

It’s a lot of As!

All Sanwa JLF are the same; some just have different suffix to show what is added on.

Here the six variations listed in Sanwa Catalog ('07~'08):
JLF-TP-8 is Base JLF.
JLF-TP-8Y is Base JLF with the TP-MA (PCB) rotated 90°.
JLF-TP-8T is Base JLF with JLF-P-1 (Flat Mounting Plate).
JLF-TP-8YT is Base JLF with the TP-MA (PCB) rotated 90° with JLF-P-1 (Flat Mounting Plate).
JLF-TP-8S is Base JLF with the TP-MA (PCB) rotated 90° with JLF-P-1S (S Mounting Plate).
JLF-TP-8Y-SK is Base JLF with the TP-MA (PCB) rotated 90° with JLF-CD (Shaft Cover).

Of course other variations can be done too:
JLF-TP-8-SK, JLF-TP-8T-SK, JLF-TP-8S-SK, JLF-TP-8YT-SK.

I’ll just add this for completeness, since it is JLF:
JLF-TM-8 can do; JLF-TM-8T, JLF-TM-8T-SK, JLF-TM-8S, JLF-TM-8S-SK.

JLF-TM all the way! :rock:

But don’t use those in your madcatz. They only for people who like to wire things up instead of letting PCB do for them.

For real.

Or else, all those threads with JLWs wanting to go in madcatz are going to have mutated into JLF. And I think someone may pull their hair out over how few people understand a PCB is needed. Course, you can’t get one with JLW, but not getting one for a JLF in madcatz is a real dedication to it. I didn’t even do it.

One other difference in releases…

In Asia, the TE was officially released for only the XBox 360. This is the White “Circuit Artwork” version that showed up in mock photos during summer 2009. A PS3 version was pictured with a red bezel and buttons similar to the R1 release (6 white, 2 dark hai) but was never released.One other difference in releases… The 360 Asian TE was the first TE release that got the mandated 360-colored buttons as far as I know. It was released prior to both the M v C2 sticks and R2’s I think.

In Asia, the TE was officially released for only the XBox 360. This is the White “Circuit Artwork” version that showed up in mock photos during summer 2009. A PS3 version was pictured with a red bezel and buttons similar to the R1 release (6 white, 2 dark hai) but was never released.

Also, I don’t think anyone’s mentioned numbers for the Chun Li TE stick (TE-S), the Blaz Blu TE (with side wedges like R1 and R2) or the even more ultra-limited Gold TE’s which have the “Circuit Artwork” and can be won only at tournaments. Can’t remember the numbers for the Gold TE’s but isn’t something like less than 20 sticks total?

P.S. – Personally prefer the R1 sticks for mods. If you’re going to do an all-white stick, makes more sense to mod this than the others. Especially if you’re a PS3-only owner. I’ve got the Femme Fatale stick but only changed the gate and ball handle on it. It was purty as it was!

Updated my post on the first page with the Asian, EVO, BlazBlue and PAX Chun sticks.