TE stick problem

So I have the limited edition femme fatale sf4 TE stick that has a very annoying problem. When I push the joystick down (crouching) and then return the joystick back to normal position, my character in-game will stay crouched down for half a second longer than he should. This probably means that my joystick is somehow sticking down for a bit longer. It has created a lot of complications and frustrations to my gameplay. Has anyone else had this problem? How can it be fixed? I’ve only had it for about 2 months.

The Switch is not set to DP?

I’m not familiar with the terminology, but I can tell you that I have not (purposefully) fiddled with any settings. Maybe you could elaborate on what you mean by that and how I could set it to “DP”?

I forgot to mention this issue arose after taking my stick to a friend’s place where a lot of people played pretty rough on it.

There’s a toggle switch so you can set the joystick to Left Analog Stick, D-Pad, or Right Analog Stick. As long as you use either of the first two settings you should be fine. Try switching between the two to see if it helps, but I doubt it will.

You might want to open it up and poke the microswitches to see if any get stuck. Contact MadCatz technical support if you cannot solve the issue and see if they can help.

wow you guys were right. it wasn’t set to dp. why is that toggle setting even there haha. i’m relieved though; thought it was a bigger issue but turned out to be a flick of the finger. thanks guys.