TE Stick Problem :'(

The Stick isn’t accurate it just isn’t. It does fine enough in a game like SFIV due to the shortcuts but when I play Darkstalkers, CvS2, or a game like 3S it just feels sloppy. I can pull regular normals and do hadoukens ect but pulling off a super in games other then SFIV is ridiculous

I could stand still and try to do a Super in 3S in training and it won’t come out. But in SFIV it comes out. Probably due to the short cuts.

Now I plugged it into the computer and went to the control panel and everything seems fine other than the down input being a slight off compared to the other 3 directions which are smooth and precise.

This stick is modded with a MC Chuthulu device.

Any help or insight to what this problem could be is greatly appreciated.

Any method that would identify or fix this problem would be as well.

l2p?

haha I was thinking the same thing but didn’t wanna say it.

Do you play on American parts regularly? I have a similar issue but it’s because I’ve always played these games on HAPP parts and couldn’t get used to the square gate. AFAIK, SF4 is more lenient when it comes to doing motions. Or… maybe I just need to L2P as well.

No offense but it’s probably just your excecution being crappy(or not up to par, if you prefer)

Of course it’s possible that the stick is broken but, turn inputs on when you play SF4 and see if all of the directions come out when you do the motions. See if you’re getting :d::df::r::d::df::r:.

Like Kelter said, go to training mode and move to each corner of the stick to make sure the diagonal motions come out as soon as you move it to there. If they do, then it’s just you. You can’t blame the JLF, which is very popular and highly regarded as a great joystick, for being inaccurate when its most likely your lack of experience/practice. I’d refrain from making topics about this in the future because in all honesty you’re pretty lucky you didn’t get flamed. =/

I can execute properly on a Hori ex2. I’m not a god or anything but clearly there is something wrong. If I can’t stand and do a super in training even if I wanted to in 3S there is an issue. 3S isn’t even playable on the TE stick anymore.

I could care less if I get flamed. This is the tech forum. I’m asking for reasonable help or input to the situation or hoping that someone has a similar issue and resolved it. A stick builder told me that something could be caught int he shaft or that the microswitch in an area could be failing.

I have an SFA stick the same issues do not arise in it and I RARELY ever play on that thhing

Then why don’t you go in training mode and watch the inputs?

take the stick apart and check it out or something

SF4 has shortcut inputs… so that might be why your execution is different in other games.

I believe I said I plugged the stick into my computer and went into the control panel and it showed the Down input to be less accurate and not as crisp as up, left, and right. I believe I have identified the problem being the down input. How to fix that I don’t know. I have knowledge of HAPPS and US parts not japanese .

I believe I said I plugged the stick into my computer and went into the control panel and it showed the Down input to be less accurate and not as crisp as up, left, and right. I believe I have identified the problem being the down input. How to fix that I don’t know. I have knowledge of HAPPS and US parts not japanese .

I’ve never replaces switches myself but you can either buy a new one and solder it on or get a whole new PCB as far as I know. The new PCB just drops right in where the old one comes out.

Someone please correct me if I misspoke!

Edit: Here:

So either buy that or solder a new switch on.

Okay I’ll keep that solution in mind. Thanks RichL

I don’t know why you won’t try going in to SF4 training mode to watch the inputs.

You need to eliminate every possible problem, you excecution is clearly the most likely culprit, regardless of what your PC says.

Went to play with a friend over the weekend. Used his TE stick and had no problems with anything. It felt so much better and responsive. He used mine and he found issues executing found the same hazard of the down input not being crisp.

Left my TE stick there over night. Hit him up today. He said he was playing GGPO with it and he can only hit supers from one side not both where as on his stick he can easily hit them on both sides.

The replcement PCB has arrived. WHen I get home I shall put it in and tell you the results. If the same problem persists I’m just going to return the PCB to Lizard Lick and grab a LS 32-01 to replace the JLF entirely.

If that doesn’t work then god help me for having a MC Ctuhulu modded TE stick that is garbage lol

If the new Sanwa TP-MA does not work, then you don’t go getting Seimtsu LS-32-01 next.
Because that would not work either.

Problem wouldn’t be Joystick, but Mad Catz PCB.

The new PCB did not work :frowning:

So its the Madcatz PCB that’s fucked up? So how do I fix that? The stick was modified with an MC Chutlulu? So is the stick done for?

You need to post up a bunch of pictures of the wiring and clear shots of both sides of all boards. People having trouble with dual modded TE’s with MC’s have become far too frequent, but I’ve never been able to recreate the problem. If you can post up as much information about the problem, about the wiring, and photos, we should be able to fine the problem if its a wiring one. At the least, we can describe steps to take to troubleshoot the problem further. Other random questions:

1. When playing SF4, which system console is it on? If on PC, which device shows up in the game controllers applet, the MadCatz pcb or the Cthulhu?
  2. Same question about which pcb is used when playing on a PC?
  3. Can you recreate the same problem with Down using the input display in SF4 training mode?
  4. What system are you playing CvS2 on?

1. Playing SFIV on the 360. When I play GGPO it shows up as Madcatz controller
  2. Shows up as Madcatz
  3. Need further elaboration
  4. Playing it on the Xbox via MC Cthulhu

Playing on my friends TE was night and day compared to my own. He didn’t believe me and thought it was a poor excuse but when he used my stick he was like wow wtf you’ve been playing with this? I will post pics tomorrow or something just came back from a 5 hour road trip. If you want any specifics let me know.