Team Canada Qualifiers on 06/24/2006 (CvS2/MvC2/3S/GGXX#R/A3/ST

Team Canada Qualifiers on 06/24/2006 (CvS2/MvC2/3S/GGXX#R/A3/ST)

This is the last major tournament before T7 with various tournaments going on:

CAPCOM VS SNK 2 TEAM CANADA QUALIFIER (Toronto)
Format: 2/3 Falls Round Robin
Registration Fee: $15
Pot Split: 80/20
This is an invitational Round Robin tournament.

The participants are Flightwing, Arcade Legend, Noodleman, Gerjay, Jiggabry, Poke Guy, RPGv2 and Nagata Lock II

2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw (if the third game is a draw)

The player with the most points will secure his spot in the Double Jeopardy Round Robin on Friday July 21st.

STREET FIGHER ALPHA 3 TEAM CANADA QUALIFIER
Format: Double Elimination. 2/3 falls, 3/5 Winners & Losers Finals, 4/7 Grand Finals
Registration Fee: $5
The player who wins this tournament will secure the right to play Montreal’s Alpha 3 Qualifier Winner on Friday July 21st for the final spot on the team.

SUPER STREET FIGHTER II TURBO TEAM CANADA QUALIFIER
Format: Double Elimination. 2/3 falls, 3/5 Winners & Losers Finals, 4/7 Grand Finals
The top two places in this qualifier will secure a spot on Team Canada. The 3rd place finisher will face off against any Canadian qualifier from outside Toronto if need be on Friday July 21st

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 - NO QUALIFIER
The qualifier for this tournament will take place on Thursday July 20th when all of the out of town players are in town.
Pot Split: 70/20/10

STREET FIGHTER III: 3RD STRIKE - NO QUALIFIER
Pot Split: 70/20/10

GUILTY GEAR XX #RELOAD - NO QUALIFIER
There is no qualifier tournament as the team is being arbitrarily chosen

Good luck to all players hoping to qualify for Team Canada.

Finally, some ST.

The MvC2 tourny looks like it’s gonna take a while, both Round Robin and 3/5 instead of 2/3.

Nice, a3

OMG how come i’m not in the qualifier for cvs2? i didn’t even hit top 3 in like the past 3 tournaments!

and for marvel jiggabry isn’t allowed to join rite? since he’s automatically on the team already?

this is bullshit ^^^^

Double jeapordy round robin??

Its been awhile since i read the bullshit in the roster thread so im a little confused.

If I pay $15 and somehow place 2nd behind bry, I’m kind of expecting to be on the team regardless. I’m sure anyone else who has a chance at that feels the same way.

Note: I’m not arguing, I’m just unclear of what you mean.

I’d like to offer a correction. The Team Canada MvC2 Qualifier is taking place on 07/20, not on 06/24. My apologies for any confusion I may have caused.

Rename the title or delete and repost. This is going to confuse the hell out of people.

I’ve read your correction, and I’ll still probably show up on June 24th. :looney:

OMG just realized dis tournament is on the same day as the chinese singing show in wonderland…

can i challenge the winner of A3 qualifier for the spot??

damn alot of people are gonna be going deaf at wonderland on that day :rofl:

the ST tourny should be changed to the qualifier tourny now.

Corrected…

WOW! Did anyone else notice Nathan’s new T7 avatar?

Cito, let’s run our $5 money match at this.

And Justin, I have to review my MSN history for all the stipulations of our bet, but let’s get that done too. Found it–

Anyone else want a money match at this tourney? Stupid broken conditions (OCVs, HalfCVs) negotiable.

me me me!!!
the condition of our bet was, a dollar if u can hcv me. right?

Nathan’s av looks like the TRUE Lord Magnus!

since large magnus didn’t claim his mags av, maybe g3nn should take it instead…it’s a pretty good one.

are we allow to get ppl to enter the old char code for us in st?

I don’t see why not. Though it might make more sense to just ask what the OG code is before your match and put it in yourself. That way you have no one to blame but yourself if there’s a fuck up.

From SSF2T Wiki…
Old Characters
To choose the old version of a character, first choose that character, then immediately input the corresponding code. Each of the codes consists of four directions (combinations of Up, Down, Left, or Right) followed by Jab or Fierce. If you also press Short, you will get the 2P color.

The code for O. Sagat is UDDU then hit jab or fierce then you’ll hear a sound. I’d imagine that’s the old character you’d be wanting at least anyways since he generally takes about two brain cells to use. :wonder:

The other old character codes: http://shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Image:Old.char.codes.jpg