I think pushblock is a pretty important tool, but I can’t for the life of me find any juicy details about it, so I have a number of questions about it I can’t figure out on my own.
- Does the duration of a pushblock change based on the attack blocked? Ex: Is the duration of the pushblock state the same when you pushblock during the blockstun of a c.short as the duration when you pushblock during the blockstun of a s.fierce?
- Does the duration of the pushblock state change based on when in the blockstun you press the buttons? Ex: For the blocked s.fierce above (with, say 15 frames of original blockstun), if I hit the punches on the first frame of blockstun, will I come out of the pushblock state four frames before I would have if I hit the punches on the fifth frame of blockstun?
- Does pushblocking a single hit that would do chip damage reduce the chip I take?
- When in a pushblock state, what happens to other chipping attacks that connect with the sprite? Do I take chip from them? Does it change the duration of my pushblock? Ex. I block a rocket punch and pushblock after the flash for HSF. I know I come out of the pushblock state just before the second wave of drones connects. What affect does the first wave of drones have? Do I take chip? Do they affect my pushblock duration?
- What is the affect when pushblocking a hit caused by an assist? Does the assist get pushed?
- What is the affect when pushblocking a hit caused by an assist behind your point charachter (like doom)?
- What is the affect of multihitting, non-chipping moves and pushblock? Ex: Amigo’s j.RH seems un-pushblockable.
Any technical info like this would be appreciated. I’d also like tips on when to pushblock and try to superjump to escape common traps, like:
cable + storm-y : [shootx4+storm xx delayed grenade]xN
sent + BH-b : [spit + blackheart xx drones]xN
spiral + sent-y: [mash knives + dash + sent, fierce xx call knives]xN
strider+doom loop: [sorry, I dont now the details on this one]
Any info is appreciated.