Tekkaman UAS Thread: Combos, Strategies, Partners, Tek Lancers, oooohh!

tekkaman

No one likes Tekky. :sad:

I added a corner variation to the standard bnb, and some giants combos.

Also changed the billion to “trillion.” Apparently that is not a decimal point, and is actually a comma (it’s so small). So something that looks like 30.525 billion is actually 30,525 thousand billion, or 30.5 trillion to make it simple. :wasted:

EDIT: Added some new info regarding his bnb. Some character specific stuff, as well as a way to combo into air Voltekka. Also added are all the currently know changes made to Tekkaman in UAS.

I have a really good combos, in a few hours i’ll put a video.

I don’t see why not. He’s easily the most epic person in the game! I main him and Casshern. Tekkaman is usually my front-man and pisses off everyone that I play :V … I wish that I had a good internet connection though

I’m having trouble replicating this combo. Maybe I’m just interpreting it incorrectly, but I don’t quote get how to combo the air vers of Voltekka in this. Halp?

After the launch you must delay the two sj.B moves a little bit, don’t do them immediately. You must also cancel the very end of Galaxy Windmill (around the last hit) quickly.

Here’s some vids. I think i did just the basic ones except for one or two.
http://www.youtube.com/user/xxfer70396#p/u/1/3k2obUvIy54

Also have a 0 to death combo with just 10% BRQ , no assist, no meter, maybe by tomorrow i’ll add this one to my youtube channel.

Assist with Karas and other fun combos.
80 Hit with 46,773 BD

4 supers need along with 10% Baroque

[media=youtube]HJe1fmx1nM4"[/media]

Note: The combo doesn’t work on Ken and the small characters as far as I know.

And btw that [media=youtube]hhSmRp7I7YE"[/media] doesn’t connect. During the video you can see that the combo counter resets. Kinda Like in my video, instead of connecting it with a super you can launch em’ and connect an air combo, but tekkaman blinks which allows the opponent to block

Hey, HDL. Hadn’t noticed that you took the lead with Tekkaman this time. It looks like his popularity has decreased in favor of the new characters…

Everyone knows there are alot of Zero’s online. Most are bad, but Zero has such high priority in his normal attacks and can mount a safe offense so easily that it can be hard to get in on even some of the mediocre ones. So what tools does Tekkaman have to escape pressure and switch control back in his favor? I find myself turtling and just looking for a chance to superjump more often than I’d want.

Also I’m observing that the Level 3 super has some invulnerability somewhere in the pre-flash startup. It connects on over-eager Sokis while they’re poking at me, and it doesn’t always look like it should :wonder:

Tekkaman doesn’t have a fast or reliable AA move, so most of the time you just want to sit tight and react to the opponent and block correctly or throw tech. Look for small breaks during their block strings, and insert assist during them, sometimes using advance guard first. If the person likes to jump a lot, air throw them (one of the best options). You can also jump back with j.A or j.B and then jump cancel that and go for the ambiguous crossup, empty jump to throw, tick throw, etc. At the very least you’ll get a chance to turn the pressure back on them. And if there is enough time, you can even advance guard and use C ~ Tek Lancer. It often intercepts people abusing too much IAD, and leads to an easy Voltekka on reaction.

Regarding Zero, if you’re letting him get that close too often, you’re not zoning him well enough. Tekkaman isn’t a character you can just rush out of nowhere. All of his air moves control great amounts of space and can make it very hard to approach him when used right. All I can say here is study the Zero player and see what he likes to do often. All air moves can stop far IADs. j.A, j.B, and air throws stop them from up close. j.B stops people from above that want to stay out of j.A’s range. Galaxy Windmill will stop excessive use of C ~ Hienkyaku shenanigans.

Zero’s damage output is a big disadvantage here considering Tekkaman’s high HP, but with the right setups, Tekkaman only has to touch him once and it’s over if Zero doesn’t have 2 bars. It should be Zero running away from him, not the other way around.

I’m personally a fan of using Galaxy Windmills on the ground on opponents who like to use IADs and using baroque after that to follow into an air combo. In CGoH, I also used 2B to help control space but it’s something I haven’t been doing in UAS. I might try it out sometime and see how effective that is.

2 strategies I like to use w/ Tekkaman (forgive me if they’ve been mentioned before).

a) sj.B xx C galaxy windmill, mash C
-Naturally there’s the ‘sj.B xx C galaxy windmill, C galaxy windmill, mash C until you fall’ thing done in this vid [media=youtube]IqkLtdtdBcM[/media] but that tactic isn’t so hot anymore, at least I haven’t had much success with it that is. This’ll build you a bit of meter and you still have your second jump available meaning you can fall down on your opponent with j.C’s gargantuan hit-box and you can still air-dash around. I like to frustrate my opponent with this.

b) tk’d C galaxy windmill
-You’re in normal jump mode and still have a double jump, this allows you to call an assist at a height that normal jump doesn’t allow you to reach.

EDIT:

Also, even though you can’t tiger-knee his 236 super you can perform it at the peak of your normal jump. I’ve had some success using it in air-to-air scenarios. Bit gimmicky, but it’s actually pretty decent in my experience.

Okay, so this is fucking GOOD. I need to re-highlight it. I was experimenting with this against my friends and it works wonders when your being pursued in the air or when your chasing in the air. On top of this, it’s difficult to punish. Because he hit’s the ground he’s punishable almost exclusively by OTG moves, BUT he can start a tech roll on the floor AND call an assist on the floor, making the OTG window small. Some fast beam supers like Ryu’s or Frank’s, or Blade’s retardedly quick GI, might be able to punish Tekkaman before he hits the floor, but still, this shit’s godlike.

Edit:
I’m assuming that they air-block it when I say it’s hard to punish, btw.

Edit 2:
So I took this to training mode again. Straight up, it’s hard to punish period, the mecha acts as a shield for so long and protects the space in front of Tekkaman only allowing Ryu to punish with shinku hadouken at a very precise window of opportunity after the laser beams up. Really, only certain level 3 supers can punish it and a few particular level 1 supers (like souki’s QCF super) and well-timed aerial supers.

[media=youtube]C64XbPYmuGo[/media] (Tekkaman w/Jun)

Inconsistent with getting the timing for the super cancel down after the air galaxy windmill but at least I’m doing it later rather than earlier so the opponent has to block it (when I was fist learning the combo canceled too early and it whiffed completely as the opponent dropped to the ground)

Here is some interesting Tekkaman stuff

[media=youtube]bE7QYOEa2Wg[/media]

new tekka bnb that uses j2C like tekkaman blade (baroque and assist needed):

whatever into air [2]8C, dj2C land bbq 5A assist 5BC 3C sjBB air [2]8C (air [2]8C for damage) or (djC for knockdown/oki)

full combo from jC does 42k. gonna upload vid tomorrow (along with the long overdue ken stuff)

I’ve been playing Soki/Tekkaman and have been looking for uses for Soki’s assist with Tekka. A few interesting things so far.

First, Soki’s assist easily combos into both 623 Super and Lvl3. Simple combo with something like A, B, C, call assist, 6C, assist hits, super. That’s about 30 trill on its own and could easily be extended for more.

Second, changing the timing of the assist can make some interesting things happen. Depending on when you call Soki the opponent will be sent in different directions. Calling him a little later will cause the opponent to be knocked back towards Tekka to continue the combo. I think this could lead to some big damage but have had trouble landing much out of it, so I’ll keep working on it and see what I can get.

oops

BBQ cancelled Tekk Windmill: best combo lead-in ever!!

hey all!

i have been playing tekkaman for 3 months and really the videos in gameacho youtube channel are real material to learn.
i discored that in the corner you can make an infinite (i dunno if this is already posted ) but if you sj.A, 5A, 5B,2B,5C,6C and after the ist hit you do the repetitive A’s the infinite is done.
(my english is really bad, but…)

that juggle infiinte doesn’t work in UAS anymore