Tend to my gen please!

gen

Hello fellow Gen players it’s been a while! took a long break and now I find myself enjoying this game more than ever, however my main issues with gen is my incapability of doing mp - mk - hands, fadc canceling hands and fadc roll, my mk hands technique is still off because I can only do it 30% of the time (I piano mk/hp - lp - mp - hp - hp) any tips?

Now I have a stick I can share some light on the issue

1. sMP sMK hands
    You want to triple tap sMP then sMK then double tap HP. that is for me the easiest way on stick
  2. Cancelling on hands, you want to do that from hard hands version and on the first hit, listen to gen hands and get accostomed to the sound of that fourth hit. now once you are used to it, during the hands hold forward and on the fourth hit while STILL holding forward press and hold focus and tap forward ONCE, Gen will dash out cleanly giving you the best frame advantage to continue
  3. I dont know how to do MK hands on stick, I can only do it on Pad, I suggest you use crMP hands for now as it does the same thing just less forward movement and also make sure you closer than max range to avoid the terrible whiff.
    The best way to get crMP hands is to plink MP LP twice then hit HP.

Good luck.

Now I have a stick I can share some light on the issue

1. sMP sMK hands
    You want to triple tap sMP then sMK then double tap HP. that is for me the easiest way on stick
  2. Cancelling on hands, you want to do that from hard hands version and on the first hit, listen to gen hands and get accostomed to the sound of that fourth hit. now once you are used to it, during the hands hold forward and on the fourth hit while STILL holding forward press and hold focus and tap forward ONCE, Gen will dash out cleanly giving you the best frame advantage to continue
  3. I dont know how to do MK hands on stick, I can only do it on Pad, I suggest you use crMP hands for now as it does the same thing just less forward movement and also make sure you closer than max range to avoid the terrible whiff.
    The best way to get crMP hands is to plink MP LP twice then hit HP.

Good luck.

Appreciate it!

You’re welcome. Let me know if you need more help.

I can finally cancel hands, thank you! one more thing, I’m currently pianoing mp+hp - lp - mp - hp to get hands but it’s kinda sloppy, got any better way of doing it?

do you know how to plink? if yes plink mp and lp twice and then hit hp

yeah, thanks once again

I personally think mp > mk > hands is obsolete nowadays; the reason being, it’s not a true blockstring so people can easily mash in between the normals, it also pushes them back too far.

When I played vanilla and did that a lot, how I did it was; mp > buffer hands by doing hp > mp > lp > mk > hp. I spent a lot of time doing it in the training room back in the day.

I posted this last year but I’m sure this would be helpful if you are learning Gen’s hands.

My sequences vary according with the button I’m cancelling into hands. So:

s.fp xx Hands = fp~mp~lp~lp~fp

s.mk xx Hands = mk~lp~mp~fp~lp~fp

c.mp xx Hands = c.mp~lp~lp~mp~fp

TC2 xx Hands = fp~mp~lp~mk+fp~fp

Of course there are other methods for performing hands. You can also buffer the first 4 inputs during the first move before linking the normal you want to cancel into hands.

Example: mp~lp~mp~lp link s.mk~fp

However, I would recommend you to learn hands by straight up cancelling from a single move. Otherwise you will find that you won’t be able to do hands in those crucial times where you won’t be able to use the s.mp as a buffer tool.

So instead of the example above it would be better if you used this method:

s.mp link s.mk~lp~mp~fp~lp~fp

Keep your index, middle, and ring finger close to the buttons and drum the 3 punches in this order. The reason why I end the sequence with lp~fp instead of mp~fp is because back when I started playing Gen I would often hit mp+fp together and get an ex hands instead. By just focusing in drumming the last inputs with index and ring I have complete control on which hands I get.