According to this they are indeed nerfing characters. I can see the difference in the wall game and the blocking while in tech roll coming into play.
Slated release in Japan for Tekken 5.1 is the first week of July. No word yet on an American release if any.
Special thanks to DUK2000 for providing some of this early information. This is unconfirmed info as of yet, so take it lightly. We’ll find out the truth as it arises. Disscuss the changes here. Top post will be updated as more information is added.
Cosmetic changes. You can now see 5.1 sported in the T5 logo. Also lifebars have different colors now.
Big changes with things in the system. You can now fully block while in tech roll state. Sucks for tech catches. But it adds more to the mid/low/throw mixup.
Ground moves do only about 70% damage as opposed to 100% and possible CH damage before.
Wall system has changed slightly. Here’s some character exclusive information that has been changed.
- u/f+1 can not be used in longer juggles now, the speed of the move has been decreased.
- u/f+1 is also techable when used in juggles.
- d,d/b+3 is no longer safe
- JF spider knee with Nina is no longer safe.
- d/f+1,2 has delay on both hit and block.
- d/f+2 does not launch.
- Infinites are gone.
- CH ALB 2 does not stun.
- b+1~B FLK b_f+2 is gone.
- CH 1,2,1,2, and 2,1,2 no longer launch.
- 1,2,1 and 2,1 into FLK~ALB is gone.
- Juggles after d/f+1+2 hits close are no longer possible.
- b+1 does not launch on normal hit.
- CH WS+3 stun can not be escaped.
+/- 1+3+4 taunt and f,b+2 punch remain the same.
- f,f+2 has more delay.
- 1,2,4 has more delay.
- <wall> 1,2,1, d/f+3 catch no longer works.
- TGF used in juggles can now be linked to TGF~U/F for the extra move like when TGF~U/F hits standing opponents.
- Devil Jin seems to be the best as of now. Not that many changes.
- b+1 is now -10 on block.
- SS+4 has more delays on block.
- qcf+3_WS+3 has more delays on block.
- d/b+3 on CH no longer trips.
- d/b+1+2,1 has more delays between the two hits.
- f+4 on normal hit can cause wall stun. On CH causes opponent to fall down.
- 4~3 has less delays on block.
- after f+3+4 hits, d/b+3 is no longer gauranteed.
- f,f+2 has less delays on block.
- f,f+4 on hit gaurantees the 3+4 followup.
- No more auto parry in TGR stance.
- From RND punch parry, damage has been increased and now juggles.
- RND 1 makes opponent fall.
- After CH d/f+2 no more full EWGF launch but you can still do regular juggles.
+/- WS+2 stun can not be escaped, but the stun effect is that of CH d/f+2.
- d/b+3 has less delay on block and knocks down on CH.
- f+1+2 on block has less delays.
- f,f+2 is completely safe.
- d+4,1 has more delay on block.
- 1,1,1 is worse on block than before(doesn’t push back as far).
- d/f+1+3+4 on block puts Wang at disadvantage.
- d/b+4 has more delay on hit.
- CH qcf+1,2,1,2 does not launch anymore.
- CH d/b+3 does not juggle anymore.
- d+1 does not have as much advantage on hit/block anymore.
- d+4 is -3 on hit.
- u/f+1+2 = d,D/F+2 link throw escape glitch is gone. No more universal easy escape.
- d/b+2 crushes high moves easier now.
- d/f+3 on CH stuns and d+3+4 will full launch afterwards.
- Nothing gauranteed after 2,4 anymore.
- 2,2,1 does not connect like it does now.
- f+1+2 damage increased
- After f+2~d cancel you can input an extra move 3+4.
- f+3 on block is even on frames.
- d/b+4 crouching status after move is performed has changed.
Baek Doo San
+/- Punch Parry window is larger but you get less advantage from a successful parry.
- CH b,b+2 causes an unescapable stun.
- d/f+1,1 recovery increased on block. -4.
+/- b+4 knocks down and can not be tech rolled after side/back hit.
- 1:3~4 is gone.
+/- d/b+1+2 crouching status is gone, recover has been increased though.
- Recover on standing 4 has been increased making CH 4, into f,f+1 juggles easier.