TGP Summer Game Fest// Aug 22-24th// Scranton PA!

Hello Everyone,

I am happy to announce TGP’s Summer Game Fest 2008

The Date is looking like Aug 22th -24th.

The Agenda will be the same in either situation

The Torunament will take place on August 22th to 24th
@ThatGamingPlace
1608 North Main Ave Scranton PA 18508

TGP Rules

Double Elimination
All matches are best 2 out of 3, finals are best 3 out of 5
3 stock, 8 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF
Life stealing is allowed in doubles
Team attack is ON in doubles
Anti-exploit Rule- If a character is released from a grab (not thrown) and then grabbed again, it will be seen as the exploitation of a glitch and you will lose the current match( this is to combat the Ness\Lucas Glitch and does not effect chain grabbing)

Random Stages: These will be on random.
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi’s Island

Counterpicks available:
Luigi’s Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Norfair (Teams Only)
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens (Teams Only)
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium
Electro Plankton
pirate ship

All other stages are BANNED.

Each player may ban one stage per set

** Rules are subject to change up till 1 day before the event **

Cost

$5 venue fee ( Covers free play on non tournament TV’s, and access to lan center resources)-Requried

Schedule of Events

Friday Events

2:00PM SGF starts

3:00PM COD4 4 vs 4 S&D PC $40/team

6:00

Sat Events
12:00 - 1:00- Event Registration
(%10 of each prize pool goes to the store to cover costs of the tournament)

1:00- SF3 $10/person

3:00- Soul Calibur 4 $15/person

5:00- Virtual Fighter 5 $10/person

8:00- Guilty Gear AC $5/person

Sun Aug 24th Events

12:00 - 1:00- Event Registrartion
(%10 of each prize pool goes to the store to cover costs of the tournament)

NooN- Super Smash Brothers Brawl 2 vs 2
$20/team
1st-%60 of prize pool
2nd-%30 of prize pool
3rd-%10 of prize pool

3:00- Super Smash Bros Brawl 1 vs 1
$15/person
1st-%60 of prize pool
2nd-%30 of prize pool
3rd-%10 of prize pool

5:00- 1st Ever WSOB (World Series of Brawl)*rules
$5/person
1st-%60 of prize pool
2nd-%30 of prize pool
3rd-%10 of prize pool

*Think of this like the world series of golf, it combines brawl with poker and levels the playing feild. This will be a trial tournament so bear with us. Each player that enters will start with 2000 chips. They will then be assigned to a 4 person group. Players will have to post blinds, and then a computer program will pick a stage and assign each person a character. Players may then bet any number of chips that they will win the given situation. any player who wants to play in that match will have to call or raise the bet. When a player looses all their chips they are eliminated from the WSOB. Example. TGPAdmin,Javier,Wako, and pav are assigned to a table. The program picks battlefeild as the stage and assigns wako-diddy kong, javier G&W, Pav-Gannon, and TGP Admin pikachu. Wako raises the match to 500 chips, Admin, and Pav fold, and javier calls. Javi and Wako would then play the match of G&W vs Diddy on battlefield for the pot. I think this could be a lot of fun and a new way to enjoy the game.

After Brawl singles there will be a $5 pokemon d/p tournament
(rules are as follows)

All battles will be 6 vs 6 lvl100

Sleep Clause- Only one pokemon may be put to sleep at a time by the opponent.Example
I put your pokemon to sleep using hypnosis and you switch I can no longer use hypnosis til the other one wakes up, But you can put yourself to sleep Using rest or otherwise.

Species clause- no two of the same pokemon on a team

OHKO clause- One hit ko moves are banned (fissure, horn drill, sheer cold, and guillotine)

evasion clause- bans any move that increases your pokemon’s evasion ex. Double team or Minimize

BANNED POKEMON

Deoxys, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Wobbuffet, Wynaut, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus

we will have enough stations so that we can start melee while brawl is still going on.

I hope to see alot of people at this.

Thanks

SC4 is awesome I can’t wait to test out my taki at this, I know we have alot coming for VF5 and SC4!

Do we register via a post, or do we just show up and pay. Also, do we have to come day 1 and register, or can we just show up the day of the tourney and register?

Hey,

You only have to come for the day the events you are playing in are on and you sign up and pay at the event. We like it when people post in this thread so we have an idea of who is coming. People can register for a single tournament up to 20 mins before it starts.

Feel free to AIM me Giants625 for details

Thanks
Nick

Thanks for answering, and I only have one more question. Do you have to bring your own controller? I would like to try my hand at SCIV and VF5, but I don’t own a next gen system, and therefore I don’t have controllers.
Hopefully I can get some friends and come up, this sounds like its going to be a blast.

we have plenty of controllers but if u prefer to use an arcade stick u will need to bring one for the 360

Where are all the street fighter and GG gear players, we have a great local scene for SC4 and VF5, and we have about 6-8 SF3 players

hope to see some people from these boards so our guys have some new comp

This is this weekend!!!

We have a great local scene coming out for this hopefully a few of you come and join us!

nick