Thawk 2012 Tech: Safe Jump Neutral Splash

t-hawk

Applies to Neutral Grabs and Light SPD

For the neutral jump you can jab check for timing
Light Spd is walk up-wait- etc
Im still in the process of testing it but here is what I got so far, I got a run through the entire cast going on again to complete this list; The findings are really interesting:

Works On:
Rufus:All Snake Strikes all Messiah
Chun: EX Legs
Viper: Ground Pound
Bison: Crusher
Cody: Everything but Ultra 1/2
Hakan: Everything except ultra 2
Fuerte Everything
Vega: Everything
Adon: Non EX DP
Rose: Everything without meter and ultra

Does not work on:
Ryu
Ken
Honda
Ibuki
Makoto
Dudl
Seth
Gouken
Akuma
Gen
Viper: Knuckle
Bison : EX Scissor
Thawk: Only trades with EX DP
Dan
Sakura
Oni
yun
Juri
Sim
Abel
Sagat
Cammy
Dee Jay
Guy
Yang
Evil Ryu
Guile
Blanka
Geif
Rog
Fei

You can’t jab check forward grab safe-jumps (unless you want to get hit). And why would you neutral jump off of JAB Typhoon? If you want to hold the corner, you do something else (like Strong Typhoon), not a move designed to start a cross-up/ambiguous cross-up guess (which the damage output for the grab shows).

And for the record, the proper forward grab safe-jump works on all characters, including shotos if you just empty jump (AE tech).

Off a neutral splash? The properties for cross up splash don’t apply here

No, point I’m making is why would you even consider doing neutral jump splash off of a jab Typhoon? You know, instead of just doing a strong Typhoon and jumping from there or just doing a general jab Typhoon safe jump to land in front? I mean, the fact that your safe jump results are so lackluster should tell you that something is wrong. And if you’re wondering how you find out if there’s a possible safe jump on anything, it involves holding up immediately after the move ends and seeing if Hawk lands before the opponent recovers. If yes, there’s a safe jump possible.

Not a fight at all. Just not a fan of seeing faulty info go unchallenged.

Are you two guys at it again? Why can’t we all just get along?