The 2017-2018 NFL Thread: Divisional Playoff Round. The best weekend of football

They had to go in another Direction. While it was a forced retirement or whatever I will not blame them going away from Coughlin.

I blame Reese for ignoring the O-Line and instead keeping turnstiles at the tackle positions.

Oh shit that wasn’t a dream? evil laugh The NFC West is about to get much more interesting.

Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson going to create the hest RB tandem of 2012

Welp…nevermind

Mood they should’ve stayed with Coughlin, maybe 4-5 years this would be a good hire-I just don’t see that happening right now. Here’s the thing the Giants are a mediocre team (they like it) until the last 5-6 weeks of the season then they turn up, this was Coughlin’s coaching strategy. He hated being in the top spot and you know how the NY media. The Giants would blow out a really great team (a contender) one week then struggle against a team like Dolphins or Jets. In fact, they should be beating these weak teams by 30 points in up.

Say what you want about Hill, but she wasn’t wrong.

I feel like any trade I could actually make would be detrimental to me in the long run. I’m open to offers, but I know anything thrown my way is going to help the other guy more.

The giants didnt reach the playoffs in 4 years. They were coming off back to back 6-10 seasons. Coughlin is over 70 years old.

I loved Coughlin, he brought 2 super bowl titles. He deserves every award and respect he will get. I do not blame them for going into a different direction. You got a young coach who helped create Aaron Rodgers into arguably the best QB in the league.

No one likes being a mediocre team, you always want to win as many games as you can. People forget how good the NFC East was in the mid 2000s. That 10-6 team was a good team. Then we saw Eli go off in a way we’ve never seen him play before. The pass rush also turned it up to a 15 that year. The 2011 year was Eli going off and the defense being healthy at the right time.

We cannot guarantee if the team would be better than they are now with Coughlin. This team could easily be 3-2. Last years success was not sustainable and McAdoo actually seems overwhelmed right now and probably should give up play calling to focus on being a head coach.

Look, Coughlin had a great run but it was time to part ways. The giants wanted to go in a different direction and try something. It’s only year 2 under McAdoo and it hasnt been great. Last year the team was mostly injury free (I think the starters combined missed 13 games which is ridiculously low). I will not blame them for going away from Coughlin (who people forget had a rough start to his coaching tenure as well).

New Miami logo…Never fall in love with a stripper!

Maybe not, but the right thing said by the wrong person can easily turn into the wrong thing.

Also real talk, with how heated things are getting right now, I can actually see a game or two getting lost or forfeited this season.

They’ve already said they won’t air the anthem.

Here’s what I don’t get though. All the talk is about the protests and not what they’re protesting.

You have all these middle class white people saying Blacks are treated fairly. Like really? Because you’ve been Black? I’m not Black, I’m mostly white, but I can see the evidence and injustices. It’s there. Like what is there to even gain by denying it?

I know this isn’t the politics thread but Football has basically become politics. If it’s not the anthem it’s player health and the right to chose to jeopardize your brain to play a sport.

Only Fox won’t air the anthem, NBC and CBS haven’t abstained to my knowledge.

I’m surprised no one mentioned Ditka saying there hasn’t been oppression in 100 years. Gawd damn

Ditka was old and senile 10 years ago.

This season of football is crazy. Parity is running rampant. A quarter of the season has gone by and lets get some too early hot takes!

welp…lol