The arcadia tier list thread

As posted by Buktooth on his Japan Log thread.

King of Fighters 2003:

Top Tier:
Duo Lon

Mid Tier:
Daimon
K’
Billy
Jhun
Malin

“next rank”:
Iori
Benimaru
Gato

Vampire Savior:

S Class:
Sasquatch
Zabel
Gallon
Q-Bee

A Class:
Felicia
Bulleta
Aulbath

B Class:
Demitri
Bishamon
Lei Lei

C Class:
Jedah
Lilith
Victor
Morrigan
Anakaris

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution:

A Class:
Akira
Sara
Lau
Jacky
Pai
Kage

B Class:
Aoi
Lion
Shun
Lei Fei
Vanessa

C Class:
Wolf
Jeffry
Brad
Gou

Capcom Vs SNK 2:

Top Tier:
Blanka
Sagat

High Mid:
Sakura
Bison
Cammy
Guile
Chun Li
Geese
Rolento

Top Tier Grooves:
A Groove

Mid Tier Grooves:
C
K
P
N

Low Tier Grooves:
S

Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike:

A Class:
Yun
Chun Li
Ken
Makoto

B Class:
Urien
Oro
Yang
Dudley
Akuma
Elena

C Class:
Necro
Ryu
Alex
Ibuki
Remy

D Class:
Hugo
Twelve
Q
Sean

Tekken 4:

S Class:
Jin

A Class:
Lee (Violet)
Heihachi
Nina
Steve

B Class:
Xiaoyu
Brian
Yoshimitsu
Christie
Paul
Law

C Class:
Kazuya
King
Hwoarang
Marduk
Julia
Lei
Kuma/Panda

Samurai Spirits Zero:

S Class:
Yoshitora

A Class:
Yun Fei
Genjuro
Suija
Rasetsumaru
Hanzo
Kusaregedou

B Class:
Charlotte
Haohmaru
Kyoshiro
Ukyo
Tam Tam

C Class:
Shizumaru
Gaira
Rera
Jubei
Sougetsu
Galford

D Class:
Nakoruru
Kazuki
Rimururu

E Class:
Enja

Guilty Gear XX #Reload:

Top Tier:
Eddie
Robo Ky
Jam
Slayer

Mid Tier:
Sol
Axl
Millia
Faust
Dizzy
Bridget

Low Tier:
Baiken
Chipp
Testament
Potemkin
Johnny
Ino
Zappa
Venom
Ky
May
Anji

What makes Elena so good? Personally she should fit into the C class.
And Jam is top tier now :wtf:

ii disagree on groves

top / k a c

mid n p

low s <-- imo dr b would think other wise

c. mp, hit verify, super

Chun Li Light

did i go blind or is Mina the SS5 Cable not on that list?

A Class:
Yun Fei
Genjuro
Suija
Rasetsumaru
Hanzo
Kusaregedou

WTF:confused:

can some one explain this?

peace

SKJ

I didnt see her either

man I wish I can play #r, is Jam really that good in it?What changes is there?I mean in xx she is so bad.

Retsumaru has lots of things going for him

He has a semi-useful fireball that leads to huge damage. It’s good against characters that cannot retaliate after a blocked full range poke.

His standing B leads up to other things as well, he can mix the fireball up with this scrape, which I believe is good against people who wanna duck/roll the fireball. Canceling into his DP is pretty good, since it limits the opponent’s poking options. Canceling into his shoulder tackle is awesome, since if you space it right it’s very deceptive. Then you can throw.

Retsu charges up his Enlightenment pretty good, since he takes big rage damage. He charges up about one full unit of Enlightenment for every near-full rage bar or so.

Retsu’s enlightenment combo is very safe, since you can keep doing blocked scrapes or shoulder tackles. Scrapes is nice for free blocked damage, and shoulder tackle launches the opponent so he can’t rage break out.

Retsu’s combo is easy as hell, B -> shoulder tackle, ground hit. Does 30 to 40 damage depending on rage and character.

can some1 explain why felicia>bbhood?(she somewhat counters aubath)

Mina is ranked in the C class. You just expected her to be higher because you assumed she was good. She is NOT SS5 cable, far from it. So far everyone that’s tried to prove to me otherwise did nothing but fuel my ego. (I was playing Kusegeredou for chrissakes lol)

Why? Mina sux, lol. Any character that eats throw/super/fierceslash and loses half life sux.
At least compared to the characters above her.
Even the slow huge target characters stand a
good chance against her.

Yun Fei: Simple he doesn’t have to touch the ground if he doesn’t want too. If he does play rush down he’s about as close to SS5 Magneto as you’re going to get. Special move with the green shit has insane priority. Not to mention he has great air priority and a badass ground game. Oh did I mention he can fly all fucking day for free? Oh and he enlightens REAL good.

Genjuro: What’s not to understand, DP priority that’s SICKENING. Fireball traps with blocked bouncing card. A cancellable fierce slash. The Rekkas from hell which you can switch up on a whim. A tricky decision up close between rekka and his multislash to throw. A wakeup super with badass priority. Not to mention the old tradition of crazy Genjuro damage in general and not one useless normal.

Suija: Mixups and a godly A attack. Seriously Suijas swordless hand is gawd. It’s almost stupid how much priority it has. Couple that with some very useful air cancels (normal moves that leave him airborn thusly giving him the ability to use air specials moves close to the grond.) a good run and a air hvb like super and voila. I don’t agree with this one as much though I’d put him high B.

Rasetsumaru: The other guy nailed it on the head already imo. Plus he can link his super off just about anything. Try jumping A+B, crouching c, standing, B, Shoulder Ram, Super. Or well anything including B+C super. Good damage overall and a great ranging projectile, running moves and basically Hao like damage. Counter is better than people think too. Super also great wake up.

Hanzo: Crouching d/f +D + the many follow ups. Priority whore, really Hanzo is just that good at running around you fucking shit up. He also has a chain thats kind of hard to do, similar to his SSII chain. I’d quote it but I don’t know it exactly I’ll ask Mad when I get a chance. Super throw is very feasible also.

KUSE!: People didn’t believe me but yer, Kuse is a fucking beast in the right hands. It’s all a matter of playing a good Kuse player that can setup his throw. It’s bloody almost half life by itself, then there’s the super throw, then there’s the normal cancels that you don’t see most Kuses doing. (Kao Megura has in his guide that Kuse can’t cancel normals, this is BS) You’d be surprised how much shit Kuse can grab u out of. Including some extremely difficult to avoid tick setups. Remember he’s got a one frame kick lol, so poking isn’t a problem and a tongue move that’s low and goes about half screen if not more. He covers so much area with his normals that if you fuck up yoru hit, if you’re playing a person with good reaction time running in to throw Kuse is SUICIDE. Read DUCK, Special throw/super throw. Half Life or more. Challenger had some okay Kuse matches on it a bit ago, and apparently a Kuse player one the tournament :wink:

I just think Hao needs a little more credit than what’s given here and maybe Kyoshiro.

I’m wondering why Yun Fei isn’t considered S-Class like Yoshitora. Yes, Yoshitora is a badass up close an all and he basically whoops everyone and has the infinite and the dumb slash move is insanely good, but Yun Fei can tag someone ONCE, just once, and run away for the rest of the round easy. Even I could play Yun Fei and have a pretty damn high success rate. One single tag of air slash and you win.

ummm… i dont think thats all japan is doing with elena, cus anyone can hit confirm that.

If it was just that easy to get ahead of the other characters I’d agree, and some characters can hit Yun Fei out of the air.

not a vampire savior buff, but isnt donovan in that entry of the series, yet he’s not ranked

Suck it, SNK fanfags.

donovan, phobos, and pyron are switched back in, in VS2. vs2 doesnt have aubath, sasquatch, and galleon

Damn i’m glad rasetsumaru is ranked so high, at first i thought he was kind of crappy but after i while i started to realise how good he was, i kind of think gaira would have been higher, i know he’s got some bad matches but still his grab is monsterous, also reara being so low is a bit of a shock to oh oh and shizamaru i remember ALOT of people raving about him, he seems to have fallen in the shitter

Did anyone disagree with Duolon being God in 2k3? And who cares anyway, the game is dead in Japan now that SBO is over, and it’s not even popular in Korea, despite the fact that Duolon is banned there.

broken

duo lon just sold out snk/playmore standard

I know no one here cares,but:
Why is Heihachi so high. I would have figured he is at the most B, probably C class though. And Xiaoyu should be bumped up a notch. I’m not going to argue about Jin though, i’ve done that too much.