The big games now?

I haven’t really played anything other than CvS2 once in a while for over 3 years, and at that time, it was all CvS2/MvC2, but now I don’t really need anything prominent. I got bored of the two and haven’t really played and competed for almost 5 years, and it seems like there aren’t any particular games that are at the forefront. Can someone enlighten me? I haven’t even played at an arcade in probably 2 years so I’m pretty lost.

3s
KOF XI
MVC2
CVS2
A3
NGBC
SSF2T

I’m prolly wrong though.

There’s a discussion a few threads down about CvS2/3rd Strike and how big they are/continue to be:

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118018

As far as big games, you’d have to look at of course the “Big 3”:
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

^These are the games you’ll see played at 90% of tourneys, other games come and go.

Honorable mentions to Smash Bros, which has a pretty good community, and Tekken, which has a big community, but is marred in the whole T5:DR being PSP only problem.

ggxx/ is the biggest 2d fighting game by far right now. but not in the states, cus we’re weird. but there are large scenes scattered throughout. it’s quite popular in the midwest.

3rd Strike
Guilty Gear XX Slash
KoF XI
MvC2
Tekken 5

-is more accurate I think. ST is still relatively big in Japan, but in NA, the scene is only really revived for EVO’. I’m on the fence about CvS. The scene for it seems to have quieted a bit.

Connect 4 is back
Paper-Rock-Scissors
Open chest
Wall Ball
Hide and Seek 2
Laser Tag
Chutes and Ladders
Nintendo Monopoly
and that one game for the 360 :lol:

there’s also

minigolf
bowling
hide the sausage
backgammon
nathan’s hot dog eating contest
doom 2
and dramatic battle in sfa3

is smash big?

Third Strike, I think. CvS2 and MvC2 are declining a little, Guilty Gear has yet to really catch on to the extent that the others have, and I suppose my brain just refuses to accept the fact that the Tekken series has really progressed beyond 3.

3s, MvC2, and maybe CvS2

I’m surprised nobody’s said this:

It’s the same as when you left. Cept GGXX is now GGXX/

smash is huge, probably bigger than marvel and 3s.

Probably? It’s definitely bigger than Marvel and 3S. Regrettably, the Smash Boards people are stupid as hell.

Perty much as big as FPS tournies.

In other words, yeah.

I’d take Tekken seriously if Tekken 5 DR would hit console already ;(

go to Japan and play VF5 like a real man. Apparently it’s #1 of there along with DR

big games imo

2d

Street Fighter 3rd Strike
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Guilty Gear XX Slash [# Reload for those who cant play imported games]

3d

Tekken 5
Virtua Fighter 4 Evo

other
Smash Brothers Melee

note: i dont play 3d games much… Bloody Roar FTW XD

forgot to mention guitar hero. That game is the most fun i’ve ever had out of any video game.

3s is top game by FAR! and ggxx has really picked up steam this year with the release of Slash. right now, slash has the 2nd most paid entrants this year at evo, while 3s is in 1st by a large margin. cvs2 and mvc2 are still doing good in tourneys. mvc2 tourneys are still more hype than any other game cuz the ppl associated with that scene

Street Fighter 3rd strike
Capcom vs snk 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Tekken 5 dunno about dark resurrection
Vritua Fighter 5
Guilty Gear xx Slash
Melty Blood act candenza
Neogeo Battle Coliseum
King of Fighters XI
Samurai Showdown Tenka
Super Street fighter 2 Turbo

more people = more dumb people