Discuss Guy’s match up against Blanka in Arcade Edition here.
Here is the currently available frame data for Blanka in AE. Note: There may be some errors.
In this first post, you’ll find general notes about the match up and links to noteworthy posts
- cr.MP will probably be Guy’s most used normal in this match up. It beats all of Blanka’s Rolling Attacks (Horizontal Blanka Balls) and Electricity because of its priority. It also stops Blanka’s Amazon River Run (Hop) shenanigans.
- cr.MK also beats all of Blanka’s Rolling Attacks. Its priority has increased in Arcade Edition.
- cr.MP is the anti-air of choice as long as Blanka remains in front of Guy.
- cr.HP tends to hit Blanka when he jumps in from a close range.
- All versions of Rolling Attack (Horizontal Blanka Ball) are punishable on block by Run > Slide. If Blanka is in the corner, Guy can punish all versions of Rolling Attack on block with EX Hozanto > U1 (without needing to use meter for a focus attack dash cancel).
- All versions of Anti-Air Rolling (Upwards Blanka Ball) are punishable on block (and on hit) with EX Hozanto.
Shenanigans and Setups:
- TK EX Kaiten Izuna Otoshi (Air Grab) grabs every Rolling Attack. All versions of TK Kaiten Izuna Otoshi will grab Blanka’s U1. [/details]
2010-05-02: ActualProof - Importance of cr.MP, punishment of Rolling Attack with Run > Slide. [/details]
Feel free to post if you think something needs be added, thanks.