The "Don't do this stupid shit" thread, AKA READ THIS THREAD BEFORE YOU FUCKING POST

ok im sick of all the posting of illegal material on srk. its in the rules, and since i know no one reads em.im posting it again. discussion on how to acquire illegal copyrighted material(roms, bootleg movies, albums, games) will result in an immediate ban. ive had t oclose down and edit MANY threads today alone cuz of kof2k3. and i’ve been very patient and warning folks. but now it’s getting ridiculous.

what this means, no posting links to illegal material. you cant post “pm me for info on how to acquire such and such illegal material”. you do what you want to do with the material, but it doesnt belong here.

1. DO NOT ASK WHERE TO GET IT

2. DO NOT ASK THE PERSON TO PM YOU FOR THE INFO

3. DO NOT PROVIDE LINKS OR SAY WHERE TO GET ANY ILLEGAL MATERIAL IS. DON’T EVEN SAY “GO TO JOE’s SITE TO DOWNLOAD THE PS2 GAME” GRANTED, NO ADRESS WAS POSTED, BUT YOU STILL GAVE A LOCATION.

Just don’t do it. no more leniency! Even if you are a PREMIUM MEMBER, you aren’t above the law either. You are subject to ban too.

dont even post on how to get the copyrighted material to work. just dont do it…

To be safe, just dont discuss piracy, period, so it covers your ass

What is so hard about understanding the name of this board?

I come back from 2 days of no net, and on the first page, I find a thread about some random fuck complaining about a Sanford lookalike, and another about when the Evo DVDs are gonna be out. This is Fighting Game Discussion.

FIGHTING FUCKING GAME DISCUSSION

I could give two fucks about how someone plays in here. I don’t care what you think of someone else you saw at Evo. And I definitely don’t care when the DVDs are coming, because you’ll fucking see the banner above EVERY PAGE IN THIS FORUM change. If it ain’t directly related to a new or current fighting game, then it’s getting closed. Spam my shit and you get banned. PERIOD. If you feel that it’s important enough to end up on my board, let me or one of the other FGD mods know and it will be considered.

There’s an Evo 2k5 board on this forum, but it seems like motherfuckers only see FGD and GD and figure that’s all there is to this board. LOOK AROUND YOU.

Your friendly neighborhood FGD Mod,
SK

Haha, very funny, troll.

Let me make my methods clear. I have little tolerance for dumb shit. If I closed your thread and it made you feel bad because you had more to say, holla at me. I’m almost always online at random times of the day, I WILL give you a reply. If you can justify the thread being reopened, then I’ll hook you up. Just so you know, I’ve done this once, and that thread fell off the face of the earth 5 posts later, so think about it. If you have any issues with the way I mod just let me know, and I’ll tighten or loosen the leash as necessary. Note I said ME, not RC(good looking out, BTW), or Septimus, or Wiz. I’m not as mean as you guys think.:rolleyes:

I don’t think SaBrE would like being an overly active mod again, and I don’t think you’d like it either. Some of ya’ll seem to forget when he was in his prime. I’m just here so he and Pryde don’t have to babysit some of you guys who make 2nd accounts just for flames. Now, all I ask is that you guys don’t go horribly off the idea of this board for no reason. I moved the Evo logs because there’s a fucking Evo board for it. It’s where it belongs. I’ve closed simple question threads where the problem is solved in 2-4 posts. There’s really no reason for stuff like that to stay around, because 90% of them turn into either post count boosters or flame bait. Be glad I haven’t done goofy shit like editing your posts when you say stuff, or just up and delete shit.

So, keep hating, my friends. It only makes my legend grow.

Oh, and I’m not 25 just YET.

oh, Saotome Kaneda is doing a great job, so stop hating guys. I’m sure this board has gotten very newbie friendly as of the past couple of years and frankly… I’m sick of this shit. Y’all gotta use some common sense and stop being ignorant. Just be glad that I haven’t started a petition to ban you AOL users. Keep hating all you want on him, y’all just gonna keep on motivating him.

Good show Saotome Kaneda.

OH and for y’all newbies out there who sees their threads getting deleted, it’s not Saotome Kaneda, it’s me. I just don’t feel like typing in the reasons why, so don’t bitch, cuz it ain’t gonna get you no where.

If you actually are going to ask about your thread being locked or deleted or whatever, at least try to not sound like one of my rant posts. I may be less inclined to help you. More often than not, I didn’t do it anyway. You’ll know when I locked up your shit.

Geez…no one likes to use the search tool. From here on anyone who makes threads requesting videos will be banned and then the thread will be deleted. Y’all need to start learning how to browse around the internet and search for your shit.

There are other sites out there to help you search.

look for sites search as

Combo Videos

Video-Opera

Preppy’s site MvC2

SF Vids

[angrymodrant]If I ever see a post in a long thread asking questions about something that was answered before and anywhere in that post you say shit like “I didn’t feel like reading through the thread because it is so long”, I’ll just delete it or randomly make you look stupid. The board isn’t fucking going anywhere, and your question 10 out of 10 times isn’t important enough that you’ll need the answer right then and there. Maybe after your post disappears a few times you’ll take the time to read the thread you’re posting to, you impatient bastards.[/angrymodrant]

BTW just to add to it, if you want to do that stupid Captain Planet shit keep it out of FGD. Im not tolerating it.

if you dont like the rules, leave the site, otherwise you will get a free ip ban. thanks!

If you’re going to be a fucking troll, don’t open a new account seconds after your last one is banned, then OPENLY ADMIT IT’S YOU(Gangsta_Wanksta, I’m looking at you).

Oh, and definitely don’t post in a thread that half of the mods post in and look at themselves.

Okay, I’ll say this now. We are not idiots here, if you give us a link to a site with combo vids, we’ll be able to navigate it. There is absolutely NO need for 3 different threads with links to combo vids that are all on the SAME SITE. Keep everything in one place.

Yes, that means you, Brazilians.

http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html

Some of you need to watch this. Yes, even some of you that have been here a little while. Yes, it’s hella old. I’ve learned that in some cases, Join Date means nothing.

Oh, something I should’ve pointed out before.

About Thread Necromancy and the whole “posting something that has been posted before” issue. If you search for what you’re about to post about(and don’t just plug in a few words, try every possible alternate spelling/acronym you think the subject can be shortened to), and the thread(s) you find don’t answer what you’re about to ask, then by all means, resurrect the damn thing. But if you’re posting in there for the sake of posting, I’ll close that shit and delete your post. Simple as that. But please, for the love of God, SEARCH THOROUGHLY FIRST. No more of this “I typed in Third Strike and got nothing” bullshit.

In case you missed it the first time…

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2634121&postcount=7

“I didn’t feel like it” is NOT A VALID FUCKING EXCUSE.

In light of recent events, I want you all to know that while SRK and FGD have no problem with torrent threads, we DO have a problem with you using this board to distribute rips of disks that are still actively being produced in its country of origin.

In other words, anything like, I dunno, SBO dvd rips, or a certain Co-op Cup, will be deleted on sight, with no warning. Keep posting that stuff after that and get banned.

Plain and simple don’t be a fucking idiot. If your thread got closed and you’re obviously in the wrong(like posting a challenge thread here in FGD), then you post your thread again before contacting a Mod about the decision or before getting the approval to have the thread here, you catch a hot one month ban.

Your Friendly(?) Neighborhood Angry Mod

I swear, some of you just wake up stupid some days.

There is NO point to creating multiple threads, poll threads at that, concerning the best fighting game. Opinions vary from person to person. Take your stupid versus threads and popularity polls to GD, where they belong. I haven’t had to close that many threads in a row since the first week I was modded.

Unless any of the other mods have issues with this, all random character strat threads that are for characters that have games which have their own sections on SRK will be moved there.

As important it is to attempt to get slots to a tourney you probably can’t afford to travel to, please keep all SBO 4 questions in the SBO4 thread.

omg teh mk vs sf flash vid 2:wow:

Any and all further random flash vid threads will be deleted. No warning, no redirect to GD. I don’t care if YOU haven’t seen it before, if it’s more than a week old and is worth seeing, chances are GD already knows about it.