The fucking AI

You know your at a low point when you have no competition even on console. So I have been resorting to practice mode. And while just taking my time to better aquaint myself to parring, I find myself at a loss by some of the unfair advantages that the computer AI does agianst me.

If you have to lead an offensive attack with a parry, it isn’t fair that the computer can make a split desicion and change the attack from low to high. If you jump in and hit any button then the computer will attack. If you jump in prepared to parry he waits till you land. You can’t fool an opponent when he can keep an eye on the screen and on your controls at the same time. Its not like its realisticly random either, its systematic. I wish I could gather my experiance from actual competition. I feel I would learn better.

Does anybody else have beef with the Computer AI?

That’s every in almost every Street Fighter. Looks like you and me will be stuck in training mode for awhile. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know if you heard about there are AI exploits like in every game. Most of the time the CPU will fall for UOH xx whatever, in the corner. Hell, once I beat the Gill CPU with just sweeps and retarded tactics with Sean’s QCF+P.

What I’d like to see would be for the CPU do something like doing safe whiff moves on a defensive mode, and not just do random shit when your not attacking.

The cpu in 3s is piss easy even on level 8 because you can figure it out within a few goes, forget trying to parry all its moves, it knows when the parry is coming a majority of the time because the command for the parry is obviously registered first but even then you will figure out some blatant parries like against Ken after a blocked hurricane kick just parry low because you know he’s gonna try to sweep.

Even against human players if you try to parry too much you will lose. Gill can sometimes be a cunt0r but there are ways to even bang him up e.g. Jump in fierce, fierce DP with ken, Gill eats this all the time especially on the arcade and japanese versions of the game or another example is low short, hayate, karakusa x n with makoto.:smiley:

just keep playing, u’ll find 3s AI is mostly crappy other then Gill and maybe Akuma

The AI tends to vary fairly wildly between characters. I think CPU ryu does a good job of converting damage. Like, if you make a genuine mistake, you’re going to eat a pretty damaging combo. However, if you stand in front of Remy all day and laugh at his horrible AI. That’s my mileage, anyway. I agree with the Akuma statement, though. The Akuma AI does a pretty decent job of mixing up and getting all over you. I cry when I see it use a super when you’re about to hit the ground, though. It loves wasting meter. That one just doesn’t make sense.

Heh, all you need to beat AI Akuma is block his dive kick, then down parry. AI Dudley is a joke with the machine gun blows. Gill is okay, but you just need to jump at him, and he’ll d+fp almost every time (2 parries). All of the 3s AI characters have pattern, just have to play enough to learn. Sometimes I die to Hugo though, cause he 360s outta no where while I play around. :wink:

If you are playing 3rdStrike on Dreamcast,then you really need to see how CPU Ken can jack up his Kick Throw damage.DA GAME was using a defensive powered Q & Ken grabs Q in mid combo & took off a shit load of damage.This happens a lot regardless of how many times Personal Action is used.