The fucking c.lp

chun-li

Her c.lp is the most annoying move in the game. Some people mash it , some just press it with turbo. and when they do its impossible to throw them, even at the closest range, and it beat almost all normals. its so fucking annoying move its ridiculus.

what do u guys think?
I think it should get nerfed at Super, but I dont think thats going to happend

:annoy:

yh they have nerfed her DF RH so there’s no unblock-able but everyone can spam jabs look at rog

that’s something that happens mostly online, you can’t mash LPs too much when you play offline or you get counter-hit a lot.

If you get tossed a lot, do Option select throw/lk. It may not solve the c.lp problem overall but it’l help when she tries to toss you.

For online only: the answer to people mashing on cr.LP is none other than mashing SHORYUKEN! Though if in doubt, mash SHORYUKEN! :rofl:

All joking aside though, if you know (or find out your opponent is a masher), the best thing to do is not try for the throw too much and instead opt for completing the combo or block string and only throw when there are actually clean throw opportunities. However if you really do insist on trying to do throws, do 'em with the proper tick throws that actually do allow you enough time to try it and not get jabbed. That means trying to do a tick throw after a blocked attack that leaves you at greater than +3 frames of advantage. :tup:

In regards to Chun’s cr.LP (or just her jab altogether) in Super SF4, if I recall reading/hearing correctly (can’t remember the source), it’s supposed to be nerfed some (as well as Boxers) because of too many people complaining about how spammable it is. To me, that sounds like it’s going to mean that the jabs are going to have slightly longer recovery time and/or less frames of advantage on block and hit. =\

The other effective tactic would be to maintain a solid zone, thus eliminating their ability to “birdpeck”. I’ll be the first to admit that jabs are quite godlike for most character; yet obviously annoying when you’re on the receiving end (I gave up two matches that were in my favor because I chose to compromise my space in the hopes of locking them down with my own blockstrings.

I don’t mean to insult aspiring Chun players, but a lot of them simply have a hard time being able to grasp that their “mashing” isn’t execution, it’s more like a reckless, “get off me” anxiety reflex. The ability to actually link basic combos like cr. jab, st. jab. st. fp isn’t in their grasp – this is the easy way out. The same can be said for EX Legs, in which many of them tend to end up with normal legs. Again, this is the result of mindless mashing.

Don’t attempt to approach these players with intermediate/high-level tactics, because they’re not playing you on the same mindset. They’re random, unpredictable, and know that liberally mashing is bound to catch SOMEONE off-guard. Use your backdash when they go on jab sprees, or better yet; get into the habit of using st. strong/cr. fp/cr. mk/ch cl rh xx HSU.

Help those mashers to understand their efforts will only get them so far.

rufus has the same ability, i dont see a problem with c.lp … its a tool mixed with c.lk as well… because u can get 3 low shorts in just as easily. its a combo starter.
I main chun, I use c.lp alot less then c.lk. But ehh it all depends on how you play.

When i use rufus I use his c.lp a lot!! lol. also his c.lk is godlike as well. but yet again it does hardly no damage.

Chun li without her little pokes such as c.lp and lk… She is more useless then she is now. My problem in G1 is her damage handicap. Its pure turtling action so the use of c.lp is useless to me. you pick and choose your combos and you go for the most damaging.

The dirtiest though with c.lp is mixing 3x c.lp with a standing heavy punch :wink:

FPS: If you’re struggling with players in G1, then it’s because you’re allowing yourself to play by the opponent’s rules, instead of doing what YOU want to do. You don’t see players like WhaWhat complaining (and he’s in SG now). Just figure out what’s going on in the matchup, capitalize and dominate. (But you’re right — it does depend on how you play. Sometimes, you’ll just want to get some quick damage; other times it’s best to setup a string that can lead to baiting opponents to make more mistakes). The player makes the character, not the other way around.

Don’t let her “handicap”, as you put it sound like a major disadvanage preventing you from winning.

Good advise Bahn as always…I’m trying to get out of that habit coz I tend to mash EX legs and I end up without meters for EX SBK which i use for some combos and AA.

Oh, if only it were that easy. You make it sound like mashers online are actually capable of learning. =/

Even when I PM them about it giving them legitimate advice I get ungrateful, stupid responses. Shit like “stfu scrub u got lucky, i pwn u”

That’s a big part of the reason I don’t play online anymore.

Good job feeding these type of threads again boyz…

I agree. I use to feel like that but now im doing much better in the G1’s. I watch tons of expert videos, and take bits from their and apply it to my own stratagy. It’s much more fun playing with Chun Li now and now I feel like im a threat to my opponent. If I keep it up i’ll be in the SG’s in no time. As for advice to other chuns i’d say use Chun’s handicap to your advantage. Most players have a mind set on how to approach a Chun Li. The trick is just knowing what they play on.

I do have to disagree with the OP on the cr.lp it just depends on how you use it. I dont’ use it as a handicap but as a WEAPON. I use it basically to check my opponents reaction speed, to me its’ actually safer than lk depending on distance, i’ll use lk, im pretty good at zoning my attacks. Sometimes i’ll throw a couple of cr.lp, stop, then throw one cr.lp to see if they react then back dash. Sometimes they try to out jab me by mashing (My favorite) or they will sit there looking at me. I’ll just dash back and prepare my next set up. Most of my game is wittling their health down with pokes here and there to get a feel for them then set up my combo. Everyone plays different, the trick is not to get predictable, thats what people prey on. Have you ever played a noob Cammy? Like reading Little Red Riding Hood at 1st Grade level.

cr.lp is like any mashing attack in this game, it just depends on how you use it.

What are you talking about Dae? This topic totally needed it’s own thread. The only thing I’m suprised about is that this topic doesn’t get it’s own website. you could call it chunlijabsgottagoinssf4.com

I rather have Juri’s jab~