Cord Storage - to me only a few companies got this right, so far I tending to favor Razer’s approach over Mad Catz. I can’t say the same over newer Hori sticks.
~Retractable Cord Button - I prefer removable cords, easier maintenance if the cord has to be replaced.
- Job and Back button linked - Easy enough to do as you bridge a wire between both buttons, its how people made turbo and select respond to the same button.
By the way what in tarnation is a job button?
~Stick catered to modding? standard? Standards are being able to take both Sanwa and Seimtitsu joystick mounts. Button holes should be 30 mm, with start, select and home being 24mm. Catered to modding? Easy access, easy tear down and reassembly
- Sanwa / Seimitsu Parts - This is like Coca-Cola or Pepsi, which brand you actually feel more comfortable with, some people prefer one or the other, but in the end of the day they pretty much all have most of the same basic flavors of soda, a Cola, a citrus soda, a ginger ale, a root beer ect. Then Pepsi have the few odd Mountain Dew Flavors, and Coke got there own exclusives as well. Sanwa and Seimitsu is pretty much the same way.
- Stick to Button distance - varies with the layout you feel feels comfortable with
- Optional LED option -
~ Back to modding
- Console Compatibility - are we talking Xbox 360 and PS3 or actual Multi-console. Ether way you have a few options
- Traveling with stick - There is Phreak’s JLF Link
~ Retractable Stick / Ability to make it flush - Nice idea, you would need to build a custom joystick and a custom panel
- Size of stick - varies with the player’s preferences. I seen mini sticks that are custom built and I seen sticks that could have replaced the control panel to the X-men Arcade game Cab (the six player version) it is up to that individual player
~ Favorite size? weight? Same as the size.
Some players love small compact sticks ideal for travel, other players don’t mind having to get a work out from lugging there arcade sticks the way Cloud from FF VII carrys around a giant sword everywhere. I prefer enough weight where the stick isn’t going to shift by accident when I play. Aprox 8 pounds is my ideal weight but most of my sticks are closer to 5 pounds. Size will factor in the weight of the stick, even if lighter materials are used. I seen also people put weights into a stick to increased the weight.
Start and other button placement - sides, rear, top, front
I do like the 2 part panel idea for easy access.