The Great Battle 08! Vote!

Greetings, I am now speaking on the behalf of 17utt.com that we are going to hold The Great Battle this year in Shanghai, China. We want you to help us to decide which fighting game to be included in the tournament by voting in our official site:
http://tgb.17utt.com/xiangmu.html

Here is the list of games we are considering running in the major event:
The King of Fighters 98
The King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match
The King of Fighters 2002
The King of Fighters XII
Super Street Fighter II X
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
Street Fighter IV
Tekken 6
Virtua Fighter 5
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
Sengoku Basara X

You may vote for the tournament date as well:
http://tgb.17utt.com/time.html

Please note that we are going to broadcast The Great Battle finals live on the internet. More information on this feature coming soon, please be patient.

Furthermore, we welcome participants from overseas. If you plan to enter our tournament in October, please send an email to info@17utt.com. Our staffs will get in touch with you as soon as we can.

Thank you for your support!

Sincerely

Tian, Yuan

Frequently asked questions

1. Where are Capcom Vs Snk 2, Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Vampire Savior, Melty Blood, Arcana Heart, and other fighting games?

To answer this question in general, those fighting games do not have enough popularity in our area. Without sufficient amount of players we cannot run them in major tournaments.

1. Are you going to release a DVD for TGB?

Yes we will. In addition, we are going to release last years’ TGB DVD very soon, stay tuned!

1. Can you post details of how to participate in the tournament? And what kind of assistance we can expect from you?

Unfortunately I cannot speak for TGB organizer at this matter since they told me not to. And yes, there will be assistance, but you have to ask them by email (info@17utt.com) and they will contact you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the heads up, sounds awesome!

Voted for ST, GGXX, SF4, and Sengoku Basara. I wanna see those KOF skills, but I figured those games were winning anyway and spread the love elsewhere.

Can’t wait to see this. =)

-Josh

I voted for most of the new games and a few of the old.

What is The Great Battle and how come I never heard of it before?

Wow no love for ST

also good shit for this

ST is actually in the list, but it’s in the bottom 3 as I am typing this! Vote!

Anakron, Laugh made a thread about The Great Battle 07 here in last year iirc. Anyway, now you know:)

Done and DONE! :tup: Good Luck.

CHINA IS GOING TO BRING TEH ARPE AGAIN THIS YEAR!!!

CHINA FOR KOF!!!

I voted for KOF98, 98UM, 3S, SF4

Did you ever release a DVD for TGB?
If so where can I buy it? I’m mostly interested in the KOF98 matches.

sure is surprising that you’re letting people vote for the games in a tourney most of them wouldn’t be able to make it to anyway, that’s how it goes i guess

anyway voted kof98/98um/xii, super turbo, accent core

yea I meant how its faring results wise

We are planning to release TGB 07’s DVD soon, stay tuned!

I just added FAQ section in the first post, please check them out. Also, the poll will end about 3 weeks from now, please vote for the game you want to see in The Great Battle 08!
http://tgb.17utt.com/xiangmu.html

Well AFAIK it is mainly known for KOF. Well, last year there were 4 games; KOF98, KOF2002, 3rd Strike, and Initial D. I know the year before that there was at least KOF98 and I think 2002, but I’m not sure what else.

I voted for KOF98UM, KOF12, SGBX, and SF4.

voted for UM, ST, 3S, AC and SF4.