The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Well, if memory serves me correctly, the Bushin-ryu school is a school which developed in the 1400’s, which would classify it as a Ko-ryu, or an ancient martial art developed in Japan before the Meiji era, or before the time when Samurai were banned from carrying around weapons to show their status as a warrior.

Although they usually don’t classify Bushin as a Ko-ryu (Old School), it would technically fall under this classification due to the time period it was established. Kairi and Hokuto’s fighting style is usually classified as Kobujutsu, or an “Ancient Martial Art”, and the styles name was adopted out of Nanase’s profile which would be “Suijin-ryu” or what the English like to deem as “Mizukami-ryu” (Water god Style). Being that Suijin-ryu is the main branch, it may be that Suijin and Bushin are in the same ancient lineage of martial arts.

Now I want to look into Guile’s presence in the EX series. For the most part, his plot isn’t much different from the main storyline, though there’s some differences.

EX Ending:

My burden is different from yours. For the sake of my friend, for the sake of Holger, I can’t rest until I have saved their souls. Because I am an avenger!

EX+ Ending:

EX AAC:

As mentioned, the story isn’t much different than his SF2 story. Guile wants to avenge his friend Nash, but he also wants to save the soul of DD before it’s too late. The dialogue from Guile is worded in a way that conveys an encounter between the two. In all likelihood, Guile tried to reason with him, but his words were probably useless at that point. This would’ve probably ended with Guile beating his ass.

Guile’s EX+ Alpha plot is most likely unchanged.

EX+ Alpha Ending:

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/YynwHhP.gif

As we see, DD somehow got on top of Guile’s plane and tried to launch an attack on him from above. Like in EX+, this most likely ended in a battle where Guile was the winner.

EX2 Profile:

EX2 AAC:

Unlike the previous game, this is a direct copy of his SF2 story. Guile sees an opportunity to avenge Nash and goes for Bison. The main difference is Bison isn’t actually in the game, only the ending.

EX2 Ending::

We never had a chance to see how Guile defeated Bison in the SF2 story. All we know is Guile had gotten a lot stronger from his previous encounter with Bison and was able to beat him. In EX2, Guile’s “Sonic Boom Typhoon” technique was the deciding factor in dropping Bison. Before Guile could finish him off, his wife and daughter stopped him. This one is pretty straightforward like the EX story.

EX2+ Profile:

EX2+ AAC:

The plot here revolves around Shadaloo’s new “SH-11” drug and the nasty brainwashing effects it’s having on people. A comrade of Guile ends up being one of those poisoned by this, so Guile goes up against Shadaloo again to stop them from flooding the world with this experimental drug. The fact that Vega is tasked with eliminating Guile (and Chun-Li) tells us Shadaloo is well aware he’s meddling in their plans.

EX2+ Ending:

It ends with Guile expressing how futile revenge actually is the the recruits he’s training. There’s **no **stated encounter with Bison (who’s actually in the game as the final boss this time around), so another battle between the two most likely never happened.

EX3 Ending:

Guile is able to defeat Bison after an extremely difficult battle and nearly faints from it. Despite winning, it seems like it might be over for him once he’s surrounded by various Shadaloo henchmen with guns. Of course Guile is the last person who’d ever give up, since his family is his motivation to continue on. The ending is really left open to interpretation. Since there’s basically 0 chance of an EX4, it’s possible that Guile really met his end. Or maybe he went on to defeat the armed men once he got a second wind.

Guile’s portrayal in the EX series is basically the same as the Guile we’re accustomed to seeing in the main story.

C’mon, man, we must stay strong and not buy novelty outfits. I counted on you for this. :sad:

I’m an aesthetic whore, i will buy fuckton of costumes as long design is legit

My current disappoint is that they already fallen on trashy (redbull), out-style(see superhero sketches), and commercial (focus on the few marketable characters) costumes

At least for the first 2 years i wish they could do a couple of series of good, legit alt design for everyone.
Like entire cast getting a GOOD alt #4 and #5 (Story/Premium being 2nd and 3rd), before commercial retardness grab them

Said that i’m open to season themed alts… example Summer Costumes was a nice idea if SF4 did’nt gave it to Udon and if in SFV was’nt just a lame excuse to release only waifus in swimsuit

I’m not against them stealing thirsty virgins money, but this should not substitute do actual good alts

Said that

I will be ok with a mini xmas-pack with stage+5/6 costumes.
After all we still need a snowy stage (Russian got only cutscene)
Also Santa-Gief best Santa

Santa Gief, Mika as Santa Hot wife, Birdie as Little Helper

I’m an aesthetic whore, i will buy fuckton of costumes as long design is legit

My current disappoint is that they already fallen on trashy (redbull), out-style(see superhero sketches), and commercial (focus on the few marketable characters) costumes

At least for the first 2 years i wish they could do a couple of series of good, legit alt design for everyone.
Like entire cast getting a GOOD alt #4 and #5 (Story/Premium being 2nd and 3rd), before commercial retardness grab them

Said that i’m open to season themed alts… example Summer Costumes was a nice idea if SF4 did’nt gave it to Udon and if in SFV was’nt just a lame excuse to release only waifus in swimsuit

I’m not against them stealing thirsty virgins money, but this should not substitute do actual good alts

Said that

I will be ok with a mini xmas-pack with stage+5/6 costumes.
After all we still need a snowy stage (Russian got only cutscene)
Also Santa-Gief best Santa

Santa Gief, Mika as Santa Hot wife, Birdie as Little Helper

Shadloo Trooper Charlie

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ct617vkVUAAH57X.jpg

Nakayama/Capcom fixed the problem and with the power of Google Translate, we got our answers:

Birthday: June 14
Country of Origin: United States

edit: Garbage double posts. WTF

Interestingly enough, this is basically 100% adapted from Kanzaki’s SFII manga in which Bison uses the drug “Doll” to influence people. He has psychic powers but those dosed with Doll become utterly incapable of resisting his psychic orders. Early drug experiments with Doll in the rations of Guile’s forces (he skipped his meal that day) lead to them going berserk and Guile had to fight them to save people…including having to kill Charlie.

So it would seem Kanzaki’s manga gave us the word “Doll” for SFA, Gouken’s appearance, Psycho Ken before the SFII Animated Movie and now Guile’s plot for one of the EX games. Intriguing.

Dude, excellent analysis. I always liked his design and moves, but since at the time I got into EX there wasn’t too much reliable information on him, I didn’t dig further. He’s definitely an interesting and tragic character. He’s one of my top choices to adopt into the mainline continuity.

SKULLOMANIA

The one you dorks have been waiting for…

I assume Garuda will be tomorrow since it’s been all EX1 characters so far.

Never liked much skullo and still that’s a good artwork for him

Huzzah brothers and (sisters?) of justice! Behold, the charming dynamo we have awaited has made his presence known! Evil will shudder in fear and annoyance at his arrival and his dazzling array of techniques! The Age of Skullo is here!

cough I mean, oh Skullo is here? T-that’s cool I guess…

SKULLOCRUSHAAAAAA!!! <3

fuck yea

Man, today has been such a…Skullo DREAM

I’ll show myself out

Woooah he’s pretty awesome!
Lord F.A.N.G! We should help establish this type of mysterious man here at Shadaloo!
What, he’s a hero?

Name: SkullomaniaHeight: 163cm
Weight: 62kg
Blood type: A
Birthday: May, 19
Home Country: Japan
Favorite things: Protecting his family, World peace
Dislikes: Evil, Working Overtime

The salaryman named Saburo Nishikoyama
just couldn’t find a way to get ahead in his life.
During the Hero Show held for the customers at his department store,
he was forcibly made to perform to attract more people’s attention.
In doing so, he felt an indescribable passion which awakened a sense within him.
The enthusiasm in his heart made him believe he was the one to protect the world,
thus he began to compete against the top rank martial artists on an even playing field.
After all, is that not what men of mystery are meant to do?

Even today, we have a comment from our senior colleague!

He was conceived out of this initial desire
“Skeletons, we want a design which uses bones”.
Though, his original rough draft design was named “Rubberman”,
maybe it was because his full bodysuit resembled rubber….?

WAHAHA

wow? fang? fang aware of his existence.

their goes the halloween+tokusatsu+skeleton guy!!

hoping for garuda tommorow…

Somebody call Waste Management to take out the trash.

http://i.imgur.com/vihtWGO.gif