The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Is that a reference the the memetic levels of goofy Hakan’s SF4 theme was?

Sounds like they took too many post-match oil hugs lol. Anyway, it’s just adorable that they have a bunch of little dolls of their father that they play with.

Just an addition, “tereyağ” is not a word in Turkish. It should have been “tereyağı” instead. I’m disappointed they chose those “names” for Hakan and Melike’s kids, though. No one gives their children those names in Turkey. I know they were trying to emphasize Hakan’s obsession with oil, but… Kanola? Hurma(sı)? Abla? WTF? The only two that could actually be considered as acceptable names in Turkish are “Zeytin” and “Ayçiçeği” and even those sound weird as actual person names to my Turkish ears.

Yup, thank you. I copied the word forgetting the final ı. :slight_smile:

Well, I told you…

Great work, though. I’m amazed by the amount of research you’ve done. Or did you already know all that about the Turkish language? If it’s the latter, then I declare you one hell of a linguist.

Well, I know about the main features of the language, the vowel harmony and so on, but never actually studied it. I cannot speak nor write Turkish, if that’s what you mean… But I already knew the phonology and some grammar before my post. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Meteorito Jr.

¡Viva Mexico! The God of Lucha Libre, born in Mexico.
El Fuerte’s and El Stingray’s master.
As his name implies, he has a very cool meteor shining in his mask’s forehead.

Name: Meteorito Jr.
Height: 177cm
Weight: 90kg
Blood type: Unknown
Birthday: April, 20
Country of Origin: Mexico
Favorite things: Movies (he acts in them)¹, Baseball
Dislikes: Aeroplanes

He was originally a superb high-flyer,
who used as his special move
a modified Moonsault Press named "Yucatán Tornado"².
When he came in Japan to fight, (he went by ship because he’s afraid of planes)
he injured his neck after having been caught in Antler Inoki³’s Abdominal Stretch.
From then on, he started using as a finisher
a Spinebuster named Kukulkán.

He’s known as an excellent trainer
and has opened his dōjō in Mexico
where he’s raising many promising young wrestlers.⁴

¹ That sounds a lot like El Santo.
² This references Último Dragón’s move Cancún Tornado, a Twisting Moonsault (that Último Dragón mainly did springboarding outside the ring). The inventress of the Twisting Moonsault was Chaparrita ASARI, who named it Skytwister Press, and for this reason it’s considered mainly a female wrestler move in Japan: think DOA’s Tina, or Tekken’s Jaycee for instance, both equipped with the move. For years I’ve dreamt about Mika using it as an Ultra. It would’ve been so fitting for her having a Twisting Moonsault that leaves a rainbow trail behind it…
³ Antonio Inoki, obviously. With even the same finishing move…
⁴ Exactly as Último Dragón himself has done with his Toryumon.

@Miðgarðsorm doing Gills work for us again. Great job as usual. I was a huge mark for the Ultimo Dragon. Meteorito needs to replace El Fuerte.

Thank you. Último is indeed a great man.

I miss WCW. Ultimo Dragon, Juventud Guerrera, Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Misterio etc. etc. So many guys that could put on a show.

fixed

Beat me to mentioning the El Santo reference. As usual, great stuff @Miðgarðsorm

El Stingray isn’t a homage to Ultimo Dragon.

coughChrisBenoitcough

But yeah, that Cruiserweight division. I was always a Billy Kidman guy.

This thread is still going huh?

yup it’s shaping up cause CFN is back…

yup it’s shaping up cause CFN is back…

Ah…wait? CFN? Capcom fighters network? Did…the online portion go offline?

CFN profiles just came back with 3 profiles after months of absence

Antler Inoki huh? Looks like he may get a profile after all. If that means that Demon Machami and Shin from SF: Online get profiles as well, I’m all for it.

“That is not dead which can eternal lie…”