The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Capcom approved donte letting external guys do theyr shit

So to prepare for arcade mode, I’m gonna watch the endings for every canonical SF game and use the plot guide to complement the endings for the sake of having a complete narrative, whether the endings happened or not. Should be fun - it’ll beat the heck outta grinding my way through everything again. Saving rise and grind for AE!

At last…

Spoiler

https://orig00.deviantart.net/0739/f/2017/340/8/8/preview_by_khaledantar666-dbvzdxb.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nhU2uNehd0

Great mod.

Best scenario will be that if when Bison will get nostalgia mod it will get Code variation with no cape, so we will get SFA** and** SF2 in same alt

Regular= SFA
Code= SF2

With code version having special intro like Urien

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/street-fighter-sprites/images/8/83/M.Bison-SF2-Intro.gif/revision/latest?cb=20160620103214

Can’t wait for Vega/Claw nostalgia too, i think AE edition will bring lot of these

Are we pretending some Capcom quality expert that truly love SF canon/lore/style will check all these 200 group of tables and impose to Capcom to stop shit until the external hired random udon peoples correct all the 87 bullshits he found

That’s cute

It’s not like they just want that shit finally done and call it a day

Clipping must have been part of “Capcom final say” too, no way they’re just handling some thing in the cheapest way lol

If it’s in the game, then Capcom likely checked it and approved it. Therefore it is officially part of the canon source material. If you claim otherwise like you are in this post, the burden of proof falls on you to provide and substantiate your claim.

The quality of what was approved is irrelevant in this discussion.

If the Zero arcade ladder give us the same ending as Z2… that will be FIVE TIMES we will have that scene on the same game:
1 - SFV trailer;
2 - Nash’s Story Mode;
3 - Vega/Bison’s Story Mode;
4 - A Shadow Falls flashback (the scene should have been animated here);
5 - AE Zero ladder Nash’s ending

I would rather see Human Nash saving Abel from a flaming Shadaloo base (like Abel’s backstory in SF4), than seeing the chopper scene once more.
On topic, Abel’s Vanilla SF4 prologue shows a Shadaloo base burning… If you pay attention, the location resembles a lot like the Shadaloo base artwork from SF2 - Complete File poster.

If they’re takingt this trailer into account, it should be Vega/Bison’s SF2 new ending, since his original ending of him plunging the world in darkness actually happens (in an slightly altered manner) in ASF…

Vega possessing Rose seems to have happened in a way or another.
What I really wanna know is what Mike Bison/Balrog, R. Mika, and principally Guile’s ending are gonna be. Mika’s Z3 ending already made a cameo during her Story Mode (for some time, I thought that scene was actually from ASF, but I guess it’s not).

I don’t think they went that far. Capcom probably made an storyboard of what they wanted with stills from the past endings (I was really surprised that they used Ryu’s Super Famicom version instead of the arcade one). Letting the artist to have liberties on how they could do it as long as the scene in the still is portrayed. The only endings that they might have paid more attention, is probably the newer endings (if any of the classic endings was replaced), like the ones from SFV.

Also… probably Nakayama approved/disapproved it.

That applies to USF2 Udonized crappy endings from SSF2HDRemix… unfortunately. :expressionless:

I agree with you guys on hoping Charlie gets a different ending. We’ve never seen the Abel rescue and that could add a lot to both their stories, heck, introducing the merc pals Charlie knows could lead to some interesting stuff from a lore pov.

There’s just such an opportunity here that I hope Capcom really uses it to iron out past kinks in the lore and sets things up for the future. Clear up who won this, what happened after whatnot. I want to finally know what happened at the end of SF2.

OMG, Charlie saving Abel scene would be the best thing ever, but seeing as how Abel’s reaction towards Nash in ASF was nothing more than a “So, Nash, huh?” moment, I don’t keep my expectations high.

Speaking of, I don’t think Guile interrogating Abel makes sense anymore, since Nash is assumed to have rescued Abel during the Alpha era and not after. Pre-SFV, I expected Abel to have been saved by Nash afterNash’s first/real/actual death, hence why Abel was an important plot device in leading us to believe that Nash was still alive somewhere.

Nash being alive even after Alpha series was the most thrilling turn of events in the entire SF lore, IMO, and him becoming Agent Shadow or IlluNash were both great ideas. IlluNash actually had parts of Shadow’s personality and that was great, but everything else about him was such a huge letdown. I believe it was @“Doctrine Dark” how mentioned an alternative ending to ASF where Nash would end/contribute to the end of Bison and become a herald of the Illuminati. The way it is now, he was revived for nothing. He isn’t shown to have even contributed to Bison’s fate, which is what he was resurrected for. That’s an even bigger tragedy for him than getting killed in A2.

The only way I can accept Nash’s ultimate fate is if a) he reconciles with Guile in a proper way (ie not just a vague nod) so that Guile leaving even his family behind for this man makes a bit of sense or b) Nash does SOMETHING worthwhile in his entire life. That could be saving Abel or even something as seemingly trivial as destroying a Shadaloo base… In fact, now that I think about it, Abel could have been used as a reminder of Nash’s past when he accomplished many feats. Thus, in ASF, Nash would go back to his former self personality-wise and then destroy himself, making his death a bit more meaningful.

Ok her arms were impressive in her CFN profil picture but that back? Urien’s shocked me when he did the aegis reflector on Rashid in ASF (back muscles visible while wearing a suit, lord.) but Blair had the cutest voice ever in SFEX, it’s hard to see her get so muscular now hahaha.
Strange post I know its just a video game but I’m a gym addict lol.

Liking the update on Blair Dame! While I liked her, I thought her original costume was a bit lacking. Zounds, the backmuscles! She’s fiiiit! (I’m okay with that).

Totally know what you mean. I’m glad we at least know we get Bison-splosion at the absolute end of SF2. And by the looks of the AE gallery, Ryu’s SF2 ending might have actually went down. We’re gonna have a ton of stuff to discuss when 1/16 hits.

Fit back

Thicc thighs

Sexy outfit

Can it get any better?

Spoiler

inb4 r/Kappa joke about her having a secret hotdog

The outfit looks way overdesigned now.

Like, pieces of knight’s armor? Seriously?

Maybe they’re taking the concept of that historian/ French(?) girl that was rejected for SF5? Lol. Guess they’re playing up her regal background?

@DarthEnder sees a rejected concept of a possible SF in knights armor and says this

See’s virtually the same thing in Blair Dames new redesign and says this

:rofl:

Haha. WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR CHARACTER PROFILES?! :frowning:
Anyone know anything about the SF1 bonus stage guys. What if they made them triplets based off Ralph Macchio? That could be cool…

Not liking those new FEXL outfits at all. The original outfits for D. Dark and Blair were much better.

The only thing I dislike is the Sticky belt of Darun and his still generic design.

I really like the new Garuda that still has strong impression of the previous.