The Legend of Zelda thread - Master Sword? Light Arrows? Tunics? Nah son. I'm fighting Ganon naked!

…you haven’t played Majora’s Mask?

…actually there seems to be a lot of references in the location names. A few I expected, but the others are neat:

[details=Spoiler]Linebeck Island
Ralis Pond
Ruto Mountain
Ruto Precipice
Mikau Lake
Lulu Lake
Tal Tal Peak
Tingel Island[/details]

And that’s with only 4 towers worth of map opened. I imagine there’s far more across the continent.

In years lol.

Got it now tho lol.

amiibo function for botw

That video reminded me. Does the game feel the need to tell you what pick up items do every time you boot the game and up and start playing again? That shit really drove me nuts.

It only does it once, when it’s an item you already have, it just has the name of it. Just entered the first dungeon. Found a Guardian dungeon before the main one but it didn’t open.

Already broke the wood cutters axe :frowning: I’m now using a skeleton arm. It keeps moving it’s fingers, so it looks like it’s tickling my ass.

Only thing so far regarding game play that bothers me is when you’ll be on the side of a mountain when suddenly…it starts raining and you keep slipping down until your stamina depletes. So you have to warp out of there and wait for the rain to stop before you try again. Happens way more often than I’d like.

On that electricity effect… Using electric weapons or getting hit by lightning while standing in a pool of water is a good way to get bodied(or drop some bodies quickly.

Guardians don’t like being shocked, either, by the way.

Also, I just got mauled by a fucking bear… I’ve died more in this game than I have since Zelda II… I fucking love it.

EDIT: Carrying a lot of metal gear is a good way to get fried in a thunderstorm or take extra damage from electric attacks… Take that shit off to not die… and I figured out what a Blood Moon does, I think- It brings back enemies and minibosses you’ve killed, makes them stronger, and if you can kill them again, they drop better items and weapons.

Shit didn’t know it raise the drop rate. Will have to start backtracking.

Those fucking lighting storms are homing god damn turtle shells when you are steel armored out.

I legit just waited one out in a cave because I felt like every strike was on my ass.

The weather having this kind of effect on player on decision is fucking awesome. The idea that I might want to wait out a storm in a game?

Amazing.

So what timeline you guys think this one takes place in? Personally I’m thinking the Zelda 1 timeline.

I’m telling you, man. Nintendo went all out on this game. I see now why they placed so much faith in this game.

[details=Spoiler]I accidentally spoiled myself on the desert area… Holy shit that place is a massive wasteland… Prepare yourself for oppressive heat in the daytime and freezing cold at night- Not even protective clothing can save you- Need those elixirs on deck, yo. Also, SAND SEALS!! Nintendo continues the tradition of taking aquatic animals and making them swim through sand like its water… I love them so fucking much already! Might take a whole fucking day to fully explore it, and even then… Also, lol @ the Lizalfos using actual camouflage to blend in and ambush mofos.

This game is amazing.[/details]

I feel like you can sum up 90% of comments about this game as.
“I was wandering around aimlessly when I found something really cool, then I proceeded to do something really cool and felt real good about myself. I proceeded to immediately get my ass blown out by a random monster on the overworld and felt like an asshole.”
“This game rules.”

Interesting body of water:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6KQ-VWVMAAc1WY.jpg:large

Wonder what I’ll find there.

I stumbled across that pond on accident.

[details=Spoiler]
Was like “shit a fairy pond!”. Stock up on fairies like a mother fucker btw. They’re needed badly.

Anyone else seen glowing blue rabbits that shit rupees when you hit them, or manage to hit them more than once?

Me and my wife have come across them in the forest. I didnt have arrows at the time though and the rabbit ran away when my wife played.

…one thing that the voice acting in this game has brought to my attention…

…Link isn’t all that heroic sounding of a name. It’s kind of a boring one to say, actually. It’s like if your savior was named Tom. :rofl:

Link is currently the hero if ladies pants tho. So many ladies swooning over him as you play. It’s amazing

[details=Spoiler] I don’t know much about Zelda, aren’t they all on the same timeline? From what I’ve seen of the story so far it seems like it might be referencing the first game’s events though, even down to the art style of that imagery that always pops up when someone is telling you about the legend. When it shows the guardians they’re always lined up very organized like tiled bushes or pieces of landscape in the first game.

LoZ has 3 timelines.