Her complete lack of hips, thighs, and ass is a huge turn off for me.
But isn’t that most white women though?
Nah, they do squats now.
Yeah, never like that Brie Larson, she’s no Carol Danvers.
Definitely not the comic version but Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine doesn’t look that much like his comic book counter part either.
As long as the comics don’t fully adopt that model like they did with Gamora going from tall and as the folk say these days ‘Thicc’ to match the on screen depiction it is all good. You can’t go into a Marvel movie since Disney took over expecting cheese cake anyway.
Carol Danvers is an ultimate bitch so honestly I have no problem with that right now.
She doesn’t need tits or butt to fight evil, a superhero is one in the heart.
I won’t give my opinion on the character until seeing the movie.
Not much excited, though, the character’s story and powers haven’t been that interesting to me, and the trailers don’t look great either.
One in the heart?
Whoever chose her took two in the head.
But hey - bad casting doesn’t mean squat.
She’s one of the best actresses out there, I’m sure she’s more than capable of doing a great work with the character.
In the other hand, I don’t think Feige’s take on the character is too similar to the one of the comics; the cb Carol has changed too much in the last decades, anyway.
Marvel made a 90’s style website for the Captain Marvel movie: https://www.marvel.com/captainmarvel
She’s an actress, at least.
“One of the best out there” is pretty out there.
Not even talking a stretch, but more of a deep lunge not carrying any weight.
Not gonna lie man, that is pretty damned cool.
Ah man, that brings me back.
Not enough RealMedia player usage.
I remember watching Japanese DBZ episodes on that because we were perpetually stuck on the Freeza Saga.
I remember being soooo pissed about that. Toonami would show every episode from first episode till the current point of the frieza saga but always ending the run with one new episode before replaying it all over again.
Then once we got to namek exploding and goku “dying” we were stuck on that infinite loop for what? Over a year if not more before they finally moved onto the future trunks/Android saga.
That was the most aggravating shit ever.
Marvel announces five new animated series for Hulu:
• M.O.D.O.K. centers around an egomaniacal supervillain with a really big head and a really little body, who struggles to maintaincontrol of his evil organization and his demanding family. Writers Jordan Blum and Patton Oswalt will also executive produce.
• Hit-Monkey tells the tale of a wronged Japanese snow monkey, mentored by the ghost of an American assassin, as he cuts a wide swath through the Tokyo underworld in this darkly cinematic and brutally funny revenge saga. Writers Josh Gordon and Will Speck will executive produce.
• Tigra & Dazzler Show is a story about two woke superheroes and best friends, Tigra and Dazzler, as they fight for recognition among powered people who make up the eight million stories in Los Angeles. Writers Erica Rivinoja and Chelsea Handler serve as executive producers.
• Howard the Duck is trapped in a world he never made, but America’s favorite fighting fowl hopes to return home with the help of his unstoppable gal pal Beverly before the evil Dr. Bong can turn him the crispiest dish on the menu. Writers Kevin Smith and Dave Willis will also executive produce.
• The Offenders follows MODOK, Dazzler, Tigra, Hit Monkey and Howard the Duck as they are all forced to team up in order to save the world and certain parts of the universe.
LONGEST “5 MINUTES” IN HUMAN HISTORY!
Tigra and Dazzler sounds like they are going to fuck that one up by the synopsis, which is saying something in a line up that features hit monkey.
Repeat after me: not all Marvel produced material is supposed to be for me…