The Marvel Studios thread | X-MEN and F4 ARE BACK HOME!

Oh your still here hoe?

So threads still not about Captain Marvel then?

If you ignore a one thing, it is.

I do wonder how they’ll weave her into End Game. I hope it’s an interesting setup instead of her responding “411” and then appearing.

What movies are coming out in 2020 from MCU?

I feel like we haven’t heard anything.

Other than GOTG 3, not really sure. I think they are keeping quiet to keep that post IW hype. Given the returns, Black Panther and Captain Marvel are sure fire sequels.

GOTG we still don’t know the release date. Some people believe it won’t happen anytime soon.

Black Widow, Eternals and Shang-Chi are the ones that have been confirmed to be working. I’d say the first two will be in 2020 and Shang-Chi for 2021.

Bring in Robin Shou please.

Too old for Shang chi man come on

hahaha I know. He just has the perfect look for all asian martial artists.

Did he say Robin Shou AS SHANG CHI??

No as in liu kang

What? They are really making a Shang Chi movie? I think The first time I read about him was how they shadow priest from Sakkar owned him utterly. Hope the movie is special and not just another martial arts flick. Was there a demand from Shang Chi I didn’t know about?

AFAIK Guardians 3 is on ice indefinitely. No one involved wants to work on the project without Gunn. Some (See: Batista) are just being much more vocal about this fact than others.

Black Panther sequel is in the works. No idea when though. We just know it’s happening. Same with a captain marvel and doctor strange sequel.

Yeah they said they are. Though I think I series works way better. This is mostly because of the iron fist complaints.

As someone who loved Guardians 1&2 I hope 3 fails on every level.

I hope Suicide Squad 2 does gangbusters.

I’d be alright with “just another martial arts flick”. With the good scripting of Marvel, that’d be more than enough to be pleasing.

Marvel movies are HUGE in China. Now giving them a Chinese protagonist? That’s pretty much a guaranteed billion.

It’s not just that, I think after the whole iron fist crying train they realized they were missing out on money. “fans” kept asking for a non white washing iron fist… Now I put quotes on fans because these idiots were dumb as bricks. Obviously we all know Danny was always the first one in comics but people in their heads imagined he was supposed to be asian. Well alot of people pointed if you want an Asian iron fist just go for Shang chi… He’s as powerful if not more.

Also I disagree it will be a normal martial arts movie. Shang chi is op in terms of power. He doesn’t get tLked alot but he’s top tier in power in terms of earth level heros. Obviously not cosmic level.

Gotta say I don’t know much about Shang-Chi. Being a Marvel movie I guess there will be some tech/sci-fi stuff, IIRC he’s a secret agent.

I also would be interested in the return of the gay Asian detective guy from Ant-Man and the Wasp, Jimmy Woo.

Shang-Chi is the son of Fu Manchu and the character isn’t much different from someone like Liu Kang. The character would fit better in Netflix than the movies.

Who knows, they could use him in a sort of “Big Trouble in Little China”-styled movie, and introduce some wacky supernatural stuff to the MCU, for example Fin Fang Foom, you can also have sorcerers and the like. A martial arts/adventure movie. Would be fun.

I guess so. But the thing is, Marvel is looking for a quick billion-maker cashgrab in Chinese theaters. Their most prominent Chinese character is Shang-Chi. So, a no brainer.