The Marvel Studios thread | X-MEN and F4 ARE BACK HOME!

I may be a minority but I want a Dr Strange sequel more than a BP sequel. Doesn’t mean I won’t watch BP2 btw

Just saw it. Complete generic filler. Felt like an extended episode of a CW show with better effects. Carol has no arc, no personality and no weaknesses. Even Superman is weak to kryptonite and harm coming to those he cares about (his parents, Lois Lane etc.).

I actually wish Larson hadn’t said anything about “white dudes”, or anything, so the movie could just be judged on it’s own merit and not be biased by politics around it (on either side). I’m actually surprised so many people think it’s okay to good. This feels on par with a DCEU movie.
The Marvel branding is stronger than I thought.

I’ll go ahead and reiterate:

I am halfway of a mind that the “haters” are a carefully constructed publicity stunt, meant to provoke people who would otherwise pass on the movie, to go and see it just to stand up against perceived oppression.

The meta of political profiteering, as were.

You can be filler while still being relevant and important to the over all plot. Black Panther, Thor Ragnarok, Guardians 2 and Doctor Strange among others can be considered filler but they’re still critical to the over all plot of the Infinity War arc.

Both ant man movies are definition of filler.

Don’t even @ me on this.

Antman too.

@ man?
:coffee:

@ntm@n

I’m not this counts as generic filler. It set up slot of different elements that will be expanded.

-project Pegasus ie. Howard starks project
-skrull kree war
-tessaract hopping implying either Howard knew about krees and aliens or at the very least knew some shit was going down
-captain marvel origin ties at least 3 people gaining powers from the stones.
-grander space scope, guardians covered one half, capt marvel covered the other half. All we’re missing now is the shi’ar and galactus

I’m wondering something: is Captain Marvel a good enough time to warrant seeing if I have very little interest in it? By that I mean I’ve even read a short spoiler so I’ve gotten the “cliff notes” of how it’ll pertain to Endgame.

If u care about young fury, yes.
If all u care about is endgame, no.
If u dont care about captain marvel, this prob wont change ur mind even if u watched it, so no.

Mine had more nuance, phonetically.

I wouldn’t call any of those films filler. Those movies don’t exist to serve Infinity War and Endgame but to tell it’s own stories.

Doctor Strange pretty much did.

He served a critical role in Infinity War, keeping Life’s queen (Stark… poetry) on the board.

That’s pretty much the only why of his getting his own movie, beyond profit.

BP was established before his flick, and died in the snap, so yeah… I don’t really see BP’s movie as filler, either.

Ragnarok as filler is absurd.

It was its own, self-contained story.

Just because it had an ending that tied neatly into the overarching story, doesn’t mean anything other that a rare shining example of tight plotting.

None of the MCU movies are filler. Most of these movies are character driven not plot driven. The plot are always take a backseat to developing the lead and establishing their supporting cast.

Neat idea…

Sorry boys, I’m taking it back to shitfag territory.

“About a year ago, I started paying attention to what my press days looked like and the critics reviewing movies, and noticed it appeared to be overwhelmingly white male,” Larson told Marie Claire interviewer Keah Brown, a disabled journalist the actress handpicked for the gig. “So, I spoke to Dr. Stacy Smith at the USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative, who put together a study to confirm that. Moving forward, I decided to make sure my press days were more inclusive. After speaking with you, the film critic Valerie Complex and a few other women of color, it sounded like across the board they weren’t getting the same opportunities as others. When I talked to the facilities that weren’t providing it, they all had different excuses.”

@zatalcon1

Do you have an issue with this statement?

Dammit fam, whey bring the topic back up? He’s not going capitulate.

I just need to know his opinion on that quote. He’s under the impression that it has to do with race-baiting, that quote says otherwise.

I’ll get some Excedrin for your impending headache.