The Master of DLC Unlocking -The Jill Valentine Thread

Well, first I would pause and learn to spell.

You post has nothing to do with anything.

My combo BnB can actually be done with a variety of characters, pretty much the whole cast provided you have a solid OTG. If that’s even what you were talking about?

Don’t feed him

Did Jill REALLY need to be nerfed? According to Seth, the only changes she got was a Mad Beast nerf. Why they are ignoring the DLC characters completely boggles me…

Seth said Jill lost an as-of-yet undiscovered tech. So unless that tech is discovered in the next month, we’re losing something we never had in the first place. I’m pretty meh about that. Hard to miss something you never had.
So far all we know about Jill is that MGS is mashable for more damage, which is universal but it’s still a buff. Everyone pretty much knows Jill has one of the sickest left/right mixups in the game, it’s just that she gets overshadowed by Wolverine. He got hit pretty hard with the nerf bat, which is going to make Jill look that much better. The game’s onviously going to need some experimenting since there are so many new characters, but I could easily see Jill being a similar case to Trish. Maybe not as much as Trish, but Jill will probably one of those characters that flies up the tier lists just because everyone previously above her got nerfed while she did not.

Yeah, although I worry a little bit, I tend to think that some undiscovered tech was actually discovered but not SRK front-paged or used by a top player on a major stream. We might have missed the boat on Mad Beast but maybe there’s a new one coming lol.

In the interest of having the UMvC3 character threads be as awesome as possible, I am posting here to offer up my current Ultimate Dormammu Thread as a base skeleton to anyone who intends to manage a character thread, or something similar, in Ultimate. It is currently stripped of information, and will remain so until about a week before release. I am not attempting to toot my own horn, but rather offer to others what took me quite a bit of work to do, so that those who would rather not spend the time on such things do not have to.

I have received a lot of compliments to-date about the structure, and a few people have requested permission to use its structure for UMvC3, so I thought I would go around and make the offer to others who might not be aware that someone out there has already done the grunt work for them (haha). Because I am posting this in all the character forums, and this is time consuming on its own, I have not taken the time to check for how developed the thread I am posting on current is. Thus, I ask that no one be offended at my suggestion if your character forum is well constituted already - I mean no intrusion upon your methodologies!

Here is a link to the thread blueprint:

You can get an example of what it looks like when filled out here:

You are of course entirely welcome to change whatever you like if you want to incorporate this structure into your own thread. I have all of my posts saved as Word documents on my computer. If you would like these documents instead of having to copy/paste from the main threads, please feel free to PM me your email address, along with the character thread they will be used for, and I will gladly send them.

Highest Regards to All,
Karst

This might be common knowledge already, so I apologize in advance if that’s the case.
If you’re using Jill and Doom, with Doom on point, Jill’s arrow kick assist is pretty cool. If you call Jill, then immediately to Plasma Beam L, it’ll cover Jill, making her safe if they block, and if it hits, you’ll still get the wallbounce. Then if you dash up quickly enough with Doom, you can OTG with H, and go into a full combo.
Idk how useful this really is though, at least for me, because I usually have Doom in the back, and Jill on point (with somersault assist anyway). Still pretty neat though

This loop shit is pissing me off lol

Is there a chart where j.mmhs and j.mhs is preferred to start on some chars off somersault?

Having a semi hard time landing these here and there.

I always do jH::S after the sommersault and then do two jump kick loops (jMMH::S).

The key is to leave a big as gap between the jH and jS as possible.

On some characters and especially online my first loop after the FC H, j. HS is

j LMHS, then j MMHS.

Use j.MHS instead of j.HS on Morrigan (still possible to do j.HS, but hard) and Iron Man (I believe it is impossible to do j.HS and continue combo). Just make sure to delay H and S as long as you can, it is an easy combo with universal timing on the rest of the cast.

Apparently Jill has her alt costume unlocked from the start in umvc3, same with shuma.

Yay for the tube top.

I like how she still has that fuckugly thing on her chest. And by like I of course mean the exact opposite. Was really hoping for STARS Jill, though. At least they got the right hair

Well they use that thing for alot of the animations (like Taunt and Mad Beast) so they couldn’t get rid of it.

That’s true. Didn’t stop Capcom from giving Ibuki an invisible mask though.
Oh well, better than a Sheva alt or something. I hate that bitch like no other, not because of the character but the AI (if you can call it that)

Still not as awkward as Jill copping a feel, is it?

Anyone else notice her M command throw has less recovery so its easy to combo off of in the corner. Also her H command throw seems to have more range. And other than her otg having a quicker start up i dont see much different from vanilla

I am not sure if this was asked alrdy, but I wanted to know if the frame data to all her moves are available online???

Nope, remember, they are selling the frame data, so its not gonna be online for a while. I’ve got the guide on the way (should be here tomorrow), and I’ll tell you guys everything I can short of stealing.