The metronomic timing for c.lk s.lp bnb

zangief

i decided to try and figure out what the exact timing is for zangief’s lk, lp stuff…
to help with the training sessions and to get everything into muscle memory…

here’s what i found so far
in the training room with zangief beating on ryu (xbox).

get a metronome:

set bpm to 168. this will get you 4x c.lk

set bpm to 172. this will get you 4x st.lp OR 3x st.lp + 1 st.mp

now where it gets a little more useful, the approximate timing for the ground portion of the bnb.

set bpm to 172…workable range is from 172-176.
here’s how I do it…

holding :df:, c.lp, c.lp to the metronome clicks. keep holding :df:. then right as the third click comes you quickly shake the stick to get the :d: :df: then input the c.lk~pp. the :df: has to come a fraction AFTER the third metronome click.
if you set it to 172 it’s just the tiniest fraction, as you work your way up to 176 it’s a slightly longer pause…

hope this helps someone.

if i had a metronome it would help me for sure. cool idea

I think all this rockband and guitar hero has helped.
I hadnt tried the Gief low shorts in over a month and I was able to get 3-4 of em everytime even online.
I can sort of adjust the time internally. If theyre not linking, then I speed it up that fraction of a bpm. if nothing came out, I slow it down.
Everything besides Fuertes hard one I had no difficulty with.

Interesting idea…I didn’t have that much trouble with it, gief was one of the characters I finished the trials with first. But it can probably help out a bunch of ppl in here that are having trouble.

His trials are easy until the last one, just like Blanka’s last one I’ve just sorta given up on me possibly doing it. I can almost never link 4.c.lk after the jump-in. Just sitting there yeah, but hitting Dan ‘in the knees’ is horrid.

• :bluu:

The timing really is not that bad. Zangief’s trials are one of the easier ones. A sense of rhythm really does help though.

Im trying but so far no dice w the comboes. Im trying to get the 4 cr lk down.

hi Ultra

[quote=“con_ritmo”]

i decided to try and figure out what the exact timing is for zangief’s lk, lp stuff…
to help with the training sessions and to get everything into muscle memory…

here’s what i found so far
in the training room with zangief beating on ryu (xbox).

get a metronome:

set bpm to 168. this will get you 4x c.lk

I know i have a sense of rhythem but no dice getting this combo off. Can u verify this for me? Do u agree with Con_ ritmo?

You don’t need a metronome. Just keep doing cr.lks until you get the feel for it. It’s not that bad at all.

out of curiosity, what system and controller are you using DenmanFalcon?

xbox and se stick with sanwa buttons here.
i can imagine that it might be less consistent on say the standard controller or pad.

i just tried it with 3 different metronomes and they all worked…you might try playing with the bpm +1 or -1 at a time and see if it helps.
168-169 works for me with the 4x c.lk

set computer to auto block. if it blocks you need to speed up your inputs, if the lk doesnt come out you need to slow them down.

i’d also suggest turning the sound off so that there are no distractions. also you don’t have to look at the screen…just glance at it after you’re done and see if you get the 4 hit combo.

try to think of the 4 c.lk as a pattern of four emphasizing the first click, so it’d be like… ONE two three four. ONE two three four.
not, four hits of one (ONE TWO THREE FOUR).

subdivide the beat too… (ONE and two and three and four and)

if you’re doing it right the clicks of the button and the metronome mesh, and disappear into each other… and you just hear one distinct beat…

also try plinking the inputs
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=186686

hopefully that helps out further.

like crapface said, the 4xc.lk actually isn’t that bad at all…the metronome helps to zero in on the precise timing, and after that you can pull it off without it…

thanks

Thanks ritmo, I will practice more on this. also i play on the pad n xbox. I know it sucks for combo’s but 4 now that’s what i got. What about cr lp cr lk cr lk cr lp timing? Thank u for the example. I actually know a little bit about music n u want me to emphasize the downbeat like Pa pa pa pa, Pa pa pa pa, etc… That will help me.

I’ll keep u updated. I need this down pact if i really want to take it to the next level.

yes i’m actually getting better.

So far so good. I’m actually seeing an improvement. Its coming out sporadically but at least i know i can do it. That is one step more of me getting better. It was annoying me not being able to get these comboes in.

:rock:

Digging up an old thread…

…But out of all the methods I have tried for trial 5, this was easily the best one for me to understand. I can’t believe my musical side helped me out hahaha. Seriously dude, thank you so much!

Plinking pushed me over the edge from being able to do the links sometimes to being able to do them most of the time. I recommend it.