The Murda Mitten-Michigan 2010 1.2 thread

Do you have a 360? I play 3S.

Midwest Region Event: PROVING GROUNDS

[[Dec 3, 2011] [Dec 3, 2011] AE & KOFXIII @ Get Your Game On (Ann Arbor, MI) (Ann Arbor, Michigan)

MI’s first KOFXIII tournament, MI’s last unpatched AE tournament](’[Dec 3, 2011] [Dec 3, 2011] AE & KOFXIII @ Get Your Game On (Ann Arbor, MI) (Ann Arbor, Michigan)[/URL’)

Hey folks, I wrote this up over the weekend and it just got posted today: a memorial to Kinn “Robotron” Henderson.

http://infinitelives.net/2011/12/06/the-kinn-of-fighters-neo-geo-fng-and-a-detroit-gaming-legend/

starting a lobby in ultamate if anyone reads this and wants to get down. PSN SHinMatthew

tomorrow guys…
Description
Console Combat Presents: Proving Grounds @ Fox and Hound Parma

Hosts: Matt Shultz (PLAYING TO W1N) and Manny Patron (Free Super)
Stream by Console Combat and directed by Brett Ferlin @ www.twitch.tv/consolecombat
Media Consultant: Rob Khonsu and i208.net

A full day event. This is not your ordinary Console Combat. Free Give-a-ways including a 4-Gig Xbox and more gaming accessories. There will also be a special event preceding the finals. Pot Bonus for all games!

YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER** FOR THIS EVENT USING PAYPAL OR IN PERSON AT AN UPCOMING CONSOLE COMBAT. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:

1. $10 Venue fee + $2 Paypal Fee + Entry Fee for each game you wish to enter.
  2. Log into Paypal and send money to M.Shultz@hotmail.com. Be sure to list the games you are entering in the personal message before you click ‘send money’
  3. As an alternative, you can make a payment in person at an upcoming Console Combat Event.

*IF YOU DO NOT PRE-REGISTER, YOU MUST PAY $20 AT THE DOOR. YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE 1230 pm OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE.
**IF YOU NEED A REFUND FOR YOUR PAYMENT, I MUST BE CONTACTED BY JANUARY 2ND, 2011.

Schedule & Details:
This is a one day event and as a result all start times are strict. If you are not in attendance at the preset start time described below, you forfeit your venue/entry fee

NO EXTERNAL FOOD AND DRINK ALLOWED IN THE VENUE. PLEASE PATRONIZE FOX AND HOUND FOR ALLOWING US TO USE THEIR FACILITIES.

Payouts are based on tournament entrants:
9 entrants or less, payout is 80/20!

10 - 31 entrants, payout is to Top 3 at 70/20/10

32 - 64 entrants, payout is to Top 5 at 55/20/10/5/5 x2

65 - 96 entrants, payout is to Top 8 at 50/20/10/3/3 x2/3 x2

96 entrants or more payout is to Top 16 at 45/15/10/5/4 x2/4 x2/1.5 x4/1 x4

The pot bonus, for each game mentioned below, will allow for an extra 2 dollars in the pot for every registered participant. Example, if 75 people enter SSF4AE the pot bonus will be $150. Pot Bonus for all games will be awarded to 1st and 2nd place finishers. 80% for 1st and 20% for 2nd in addition to the regular payout prize.

11am - 1230pm:
Doors Open + Emergency Registration ($20)

1pm:
Game: The King of Fighters XIII
Entry: $10
System: XBOX 360
Info: Double Elim, best of 3 for prelims, best of 5 for winner’s finals, loser’s finals, and grand finals

2pm:
Game: Mortal Kombat 9
System: PS3
Info: Double Elim, best of 3 for prelims, best of 5 for winner’s finals, loser’s finals, and grand finals

2pm:
Game: Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Hosted by Harmon & Ghaleon)
System: Supergun
Info: Double Elim, best of 5 for prelims, best of 7 for winner’s finals, loser’s finals, and grand finals

330pm*:
Game: Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition v.2012
Entry: $15 + pot bonus
Info: All DLC released before Jan 1st, 2012 will be allowed, Double Elim, best of 3 for prelims, best of 5 for winner’s finals, loser’s finals, and grand finals, Blanka alt costume 3 banned

• We will play until top 3 have been decided.

530pm*:
Game: Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Entry: $15 + pot bonus
Info: All DLC released before Jan 1st, 2012 will be allowed, Double Elim, best of 3 for prelims, best of 5 for winner’s finals, loser’s finals, and grand finals

• We will play until top 3 have been decided.
    730pm:
    Special Event to be announced soon.

815pm:
Raffles Suckaz!!!
If you paid a venue fee you will get 10 free entries to this raffle. It will include an XBOX Console, Games, Accessories, and fight stick(s). To claim your prize you must be in attendance. If we call you and you are gone, in the toilet, or taking a smoke break; we will toss your ticket to the ground!

830pm:
Winner’s Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals for UMvC3 and SSF4 AE

So we’ve done a really bad job of keeping this thread active, and that is our bad, there is indeed a Michigan scene and we do hold events.

The reason we’ve been so quiet in here is most of us talk in the Michigan Fighting Game Community Facebook group that you can find here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/148687751876381/ but we know that’s no reason to let this thread lie dormant.

We have an event this Saturday at Timbuktu in Oakland Mall in Troy (just north of Detroit), it’s one of our bi-weekly ranbats, here’s the Facebook event, we’ll get one on SRK soon: http://www.facebook.com/events/341228409239100/

Come on out if you can or watch the stream at http://www.twitch.tv/addmitt, I can’t stress enough the importance of coming to an event in person, they are always good times!

A little bit of an updated thread :slight_smile: http://www.shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads%2Fjan-14-2012-michigan-ranbats-ft-tfa-bananaken-more-ae-umvc3-kofxiii-mk9-troy-mi.152585%2F

Anyone in the Genesee, Tuscola, Saginaw counties want to get together for casuals let me know

Any Soul Calibur players out there? Competitve player here looking for some urgent competition!!!

Who all is planning on playing SC5???

Ima try it out and see how it is.

It sounds like a lot of people are going to try it out

Anyone live close to Ann Arbor?

For all who don’t know, we’re having a lock-in tomorrow at Timbuktu (the same place we hold the ranbats). 9pm to 6am for $20

Details here: http://www.shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jan-27-2012-michigan-training-lock-in-ft-tfa-rzr-bananaken-alucard-more-troy-mi.153295/

Hope to see you there!

Senzait, there are quite a few people in Ann Arbor, Person-Man is one of them.

I live in ann arbor too, only really kof13 these days though and a little sf4

Btw, is there a ranbat in troy this weekend?

No ranbat this Saturday, the last Saturday of every month they have events at Timbuktu, so we’re moving it to next Saturday. Should be every other Saturday after that.

The event for the next ranbat (Saturday February 4th) is up! Make sure you sign yourself in as attending if you are going, hope to see everybody there.

http://www.shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/feb-4-2012-michigan-ranbat-detroit-michigan.153661/

Bump

If you live in the area and you are interested in fighting games enough to be on this forum you should to come to the ranbats.

Yo Michigan, i’m a little late on this but if any of you wanna come down to Indianapolis and compete… after we recover from the SuperBowl this weekend… please feel free… I haven’t seen any MI players in Indy since the last T3 during Black Expo, when Chauncy put me out and AaronS took 3rd … I dunno how the weather is up that way but we’ve got a weather dominator cuz of the big game so it’s warm as all hell down here …

anyhow, if you can, come compete at NapTown Clutch 2 … we’ll have AE, Ultimate, ST, MK, and a lot of love for KOFXIII. It’s Feb.25th and 26th, we’ve got a full schedule and a STREAM!!

here’s the link boys and girls: [Feb 25, 2012] Naptown Clutch II: Broken Threshold (Indianapolis, Indiana)