The NEW Official Arcade Stick Art Thread NO IMAGE QUOTING!

Whats the DPI of the image?

72 DPI jpg file

Generally 300 DPI is what most people use for nice sharp artwork

These are not the original wallpapers but they are high enough resolution you might be able to use them for fightstick marque art. The bigger the better as it will print better. Im most cases they need to be pasted into an appropriate file and blended in.,islt:4mp

Don’t give someone wrong advice, did you even check the DPI on these images before hand?
Most of the larger images are still only 72 dpi. He would want 300 dpi to have a decent print.

I ran quite a few of these images though photoshop to check the DPI, they are all at 72 dpi.

Sorry but you are wrong. I’m a professional photographer and graphics designer and dpi it only a reference number.

That number us useless until you goto final print. All you have to do it change the DPI which will make the image smaller, which if you read what I said is why I stated you may have to paste them into a new document. As an example one image of Scorpion is is 4000 × 2657, the 72dpi is pointless at this point, if I were going to print this I’d still print it at high DPI, at 300DPI that is still 13.33 (4000/300) x 8.856 (2657/300) inches. Never look at the DPI in the meta data it will always steer you wrong just look at the pixel data and do the math yourself.

Alot of people can claim that here. And I shown professionals in other fields that they wrong on something they should have known.
All a professional means is you get a paycheck for your work, its not a grantee you are actually worth the paycheck.

Claiming you are a professional on a internet forum does not mean squat.

Final print is the product were going for as this isn’t going to someones PC wallpaper, were speaking of a end product print that somehow gets applies to someones arcade stick.
Forcing the DPI to a higher number actually makes the picture smaller (as you already state). So we have to counter with a even bigger image. Makes me wonder why you chose only 4mp or higher for your image search.
And yes I know what a megapixle is, its a stupid concept created by marketing. Its what should be ignored and instead you look at the image resolution.

And what is the formula you speak of Mr Professional?

If I came off snooty it was not my intent. A lot of people get this wrong and it was my intent to provide accurate information.

The formula (assuming inches) is pixels in X / desired dpi = inches in print then do the same for Y pixels in Y / desired DPI = inches in print.

If you are good you can take an image thats just a little too small and do incremental resampling to increase it’s size reducing the pixelation factor. This is one of the things you have to experiment with and see if the results are acceptable or not. Some times it comes out ok some times there is just no way to increase the size and have it look decent.

If I can get away with it and I’m doing all original art I use 600dpi but if Im using online art or something I can go as low as 300dpi.

In my experiences, re-sampling is at best a shot in the dark and that most people can’t execute this well.

True. It’s image dependent and dependent on the look you want to achieve and VERY time consuming to get the best possible results.

One method that works some of the time for me is to resample by 102% (thats a 2% increase in size) then apply an unsharp mask, and repeat. As you can see to double the image size your doing this procedure about 35 times, but it’s one of the only way to get an acceptable result. You can then retouch the final image. This is usually only worth while if it’s a one of a kind image that you cannot attain any other way than the resolution you have and need it larger.

I just got my first stick today.

can anyone make art for an Icade core?

Do you have a template for it, or a digital caliper to take measurements?

@marcus32X yo, that art is hella sexy. I’m not just talking about Maki, but I like how simple it is and how the logo and Maki art out of the way of the lever and buttons. Gonna get OBSC buttons to put the art cut outs into the button caps or just gonna run with something else?

Do you have a template for it, or a digital caliper to take measurements?

I can get a template, I remember seeing one in a message board

If you get the template you can PM me and let me know what you have in mind. I probably wont have free time to pull something together till Saturday though.

I’ve no idea ATM, This is my very first proper stick (had a hori mini beforehand) and I am handy in photoshop so I decided to do this mockup, where do I go from now ?

Oh Thanks Very Much :smile:

Received my artwork from tek-innovations and finally got a chance to put on my PS3 Madcatz VS stick. Still thinking of changing the buttons to red and yellow transparent sanwas and also dual mod it to be compatible with the XB1.

@Gorilla White, That is sexxy! Love it, looks very nice.