The NEW Official Arcade Stick Art Thread NO IMAGE QUOTING!

In my experiences, re-sampling is at best a shot in the dark and that most people can’t execute this well.

True. It’s image dependent and dependent on the look you want to achieve and VERY time consuming to get the best possible results.

One method that works some of the time for me is to resample by 102% (thats a 2% increase in size) then apply an unsharp mask, and repeat. As you can see to double the image size your doing this procedure about 35 times, but it’s one of the only way to get an acceptable result. You can then retouch the final image. This is usually only worth while if it’s a one of a kind image that you cannot attain any other way than the resolution you have and need it larger.

I just got my first stick today.

can anyone make art for an Icade core?

Do you have a template for it, or a digital caliper to take measurements?

@marcus32X yo, that art is hella sexy. I’m not just talking about Maki, but I like how simple it is and how the logo and Maki art out of the way of the lever and buttons. Gonna get OBSC buttons to put the art cut outs into the button caps or just gonna run with something else?

[/quote]

Do you have a template for it, or a digital caliper to take measurements?

[/quote]

I can get a template, I remember seeing one in a message board

If you get the template you can PM me and let me know what you have in mind. I probably wont have free time to pull something together till Saturday though.

I’ve no idea ATM, This is my very first proper stick (had a hori mini beforehand) and I am handy in photoshop so I decided to do this mockup, where do I go from now ?

Oh Thanks Very Much :smile:

Received my artwork from tek-innovations and finally got a chance to put on my PS3 Madcatz VS stick. Still thinking of changing the buttons to red and yellow transparent sanwas and also dual mod it to be compatible with the XB1.

[IMG]http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a629/gustavo_ram/IMG_20150503_204841114_zpszpy8vw5b.jpg[/img]

[IMG]http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a629/gustavo_ram/IMG_20150503_204824959_zpsljlww1uz.jpg[/img]

@Gorilla White, That is sexxy! Love it, looks very nice.

Thanks @IceBerg303 .

Recent commission.

KrizmKazm on YouTube has made some FREE artwork for the MadCatz TE2 & Razer Atrox Fightsticks.
You can get it here http://1drv.ms/1cvEsGs then print it out yourself or go to Kinkos and have them print it.
He will also do custom work for a fee. To contact him just search for KrizmKazm on YouTube and comment on one of his videos.

I just joined and don’t know how to post pics otherwise I would.

I’ve been looking through this thread at all the nice work folks have done and it finally gave me the inspiration to try my own hand at personalizing my new stick.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll11/rebrove/PlayingWithPower_zpshhccww8y.jpg

I’ve seen a few attempts to recapture that look of the NES Advantage, but I’ve never been totally pleased with any of them, so I figured I’d give it a shot myself. I was pretty thrilled with how well it all came together when completed.

Recently discovered this place and been browsing the many cool looking layouts for these fightsticks on here. Wanted to post one I made up for my TE2 recently from pictures I gathered online and just get some opinions.

It’s not themed after a fighting game, though I am messing around with a few fighting themed ones as well.

My main comments:

1. It’s too “busy”. Feels like you thought you just had to throw EVERYTHING in there wherever there was room. Words, logos, characters, portraits, etc.

2. Squall, Rinoa are there twice, but Edea, Ultimicia and Seifer’s only there once?

3. Mismatching art styles: portraits on top are the original FF8 art; Ultimicia is from Dissidia, and the large Squall+Rinoa is some fanart? Try to find matching art styles from the same artist.

any templates for an Icade core I can’t find any

There is only a PDF which is not especially useful since it has no measurements. Any art done on it would not be guaranteed to fit correctly.