The OFFICIAL NFL 2009-10 Thread (including SRK Fantasy League)

I believe the old thread has already ran its’ course, and the new season is just around the corner…or maybe not. :looney:

GET HYPE FOR DEM PRESEASON GAMES!

Oh, and I don’t really know anything about the Fantasy League, but I heard you guys were pretty big on this so I’ll let you fucks talk it off.

Oh and…DA BEARS! :rock: We’re running business all up in this shit, bitches. :arazz:

Well there’s this thing called the NFL draft a week from today. I hear it’s pretty big but I could be wrong.

The Jacksonville Jaguars are nearing a deal for free agent wide receiver Torry Holt, but it has not yet been finalized, sources tell ESPN’s Chris Mortensen.

Holt was released by the St. Louis Rams on March 13 shortly before he was due a $1.25 million roster bonus on the 17th.

Holt, a seven-time Pro Bowl selection, ranks 11th on the league’s all-time reception list with 869 catches.

The 10-year veteran caught just 64 passes last year for 796 yards and three touchdowns, the fewest scoring catches of his career. His total receptions and total yards were the second-lowest of his career, ahead of only his rookie season of 1999.

The Jaguars are in need of a veteran receiver. The team released troubled receiver Matt Jones last month after he violated a plea agreement from an earlier drug charge. They also released Jerry Porter and didn’t re-sign free agent Reggie Williams.

As a Bronco fan, still in disbelief over the trade…just remember us when you look down from the podium after the Super Bowl. We’ll be the people crying softly in the corner. Damn Josh McDaniels…

Weekend Out: The future is dead (R.I.P., A-11)

Sad news to end the week: Everyone’s favorite crazy gimmick offense, the “All-11,” was effectively declared illegal today by the far-reaching National Federation of State High School Associations, which closed the “scrimmage kick” loophole the A-11 exploited for its existence. A moment, please, for innovation.

The goal of the A-11 is maximum unpredictability, achieved by putting 11 players wearing eligible receiving numbers on the field at once – only legal with one player at least seven yards behind the line of scrimmage and no one under center, as on a punt or field goal – then shifting them on or off the line of scrimmage at the last second. The result is an essentially random offense with endless combinations of possible receivers, leaving the defense with no idea which five or six players are eligible to go downfield for a pass until a moment before the ball is snapped and no time to react.

Unfortunately, it’s equally confusing to officials, and that was deemed just plain “unsportsmanlike”:

And what is wrong, I ask you, with deception? This is America! Damn regulators …

At any rate, proponents of the A-11 (headed by nutty Californians, natch) vow to keep the dream alive in 2009, possibly under a special subdivision devoted to A-11 teams. In the meantime, you can pay your proper respects at the A-11 Web site, where you’ll find highlight videos, the A-11 installation and advanced concepts manuals, articles in the national media, links to the four members of the A-11 Football Network and, of course, the A-11 YouTube channel.

Enjoy it, because it will be years before anyone thinks up something this defiantly, aggressively weird (and obviously doomed) again.

We all know how resistant to change football is. While I didn’t think this would ever catch on at the collegiate or pro level, it’s unfortunate because it did what sports are supposed to do…give ALL the kids a chance to play. Plus, more versatile players benefit everyone at all levels.

yes subscribed!:tup:

cant wait for football season to start up again yeaaaah!

The Official NFL Offseason Thread: JPP blows contract thanks to fireworks stupidity. #spiritfingers

I disagree…

football was is and always will be an every man sport…

No mater what size you were you always had a place on the field…

Look at warrick Dunn and T.O. one man is 5’8 the other is over 6 feet tall…

This is FOOTBALL not a BASKETBALL…

OH HELLS YEA.

I wanna get in on the SRK Fantasy League this year. Gonna be good times.

I’m sorry dude, I probably wasn’t clear with my prior post. I was referring specifically to Pop Warner leauges. Because parents are so crazy these days (the kid is 7, and they think because he’s bigger than other kids, he’s NFL ready now), I think that this A-11 system would take some of the pressure off Pop Warner coaches to play certain kids. That’s all.

Seahawks back on top of NFC west this year
since our D, WR, and QB will actually be healthy.

I agree your WR and D will hopefully be much more solid this year but I’d still be worried about Seattle’s QB situation.

Damn it Lantis! I was gonna start a new thread on Thursday.

Anyway, I look forward to the draft every year but I hate that I look forward to it every year because as I’ve said many times, the NFL draft is the biggest crapshoot of almost anything in the world. And yet, I complain and bitch after every draft pick I don’t agree with (which is weird because I don’t really follow College all that closely).

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

Sheldon Brown asked to be traded earlier today. The Eagles FO’s response?..

*"It’s very unfortunate and counterproductive that Sheldon has chosen to go public with his feelings about his situation. After thorough evaluation by himself and discussions with his family and agents, he chose to accept an extension of his rookie contract early that provided his family financial security for the rest of his life. It removed any concerns about health or performance that all other players in his draft class had to worry about. He has three years remaining on that contract and, after taking the signing bonus and his first two years of salary into account, we feel that Sheldon is being paid fairly. Focusing only on a player’s salary for a given year is not a valid analysis.

"There have been league MVP’s, Super Bowl champion quarterbacks, and perennial Pro Bowlers who have been in a similar situation. All of their teams have required them to wait until their contract expired or there was only one year remaining before any adjustment took place. It is only in the most extraordinary, in fact, less than a handful of circumstances in the last 10 years that any players two new years into a contract with three years left have been adjusted. We don’t think this qualifies as an extraordinary circumstance.

“Sheldon’s comments under the circumstances actually serve to devalue him in a trade if we were willing to consider it, which we are not.”*

Basically they told him to go fuck himself. And I completely agree.

Well we do have a high draft pick haha.
Hasselback had a career/probowl year before last year though with basically 2 options so I’m sure he’s enjoy having the housh , branch, and burrelson together. The burrelson injury was especially killer last year, when he’s played for us, he was the nfl’s #1 leader in pt and kickoff return yardage.

Real talk…DA BEARS!!!

When you comeback to the ATL remember to leave 11 seconds on the clock, so Matt can take your heart again bears!.:looney::rofl::rofl:

The falcons have a hell sche this year. They play 5 teams in a row that will come off the BYE WEEK! That’s some bullshit because most teams never lose coming off the bye week! It maybe a long season for my falcons.

I see why you hate on me now! Matt took your teams heart last year. That’s not my fault sir. You scored too fast.:rofl:

To be fair im sure most D coordinators are much more worried about Michael Turner than Matt’s throwing ability

I want in on Fantasy too, thanks.

No, nigga.

I hate you because you’re like a negro with too much caffeine on your fried chicken.

You and Matt Ryan can go fuck each other and have white chocolate abortions who will spend their days dog fighting.

(Not hating the ATL at all, though, considering I lived there for about 6 months… I kinda miss it every now and then…)