Positive news today I finally have the TES+ EZ MOD all squared away and tested. Not a huge problem really since its a reimagining of the TE2+ EZ MOD (same essential setup inside the stick. Here’s the pictures in chronological order of the install:
I mounted everything to the bottom of the stick using sticky feet standoffs. Lots of metal down here, no desire to short anything out! Used right angle headers on the 20P section of the UFB for clearance purposes. USB cable that comes from MCZ is a pain and since you can’t get a replacement in without cutting the end, I created the little adapter board there and used a custom USB cable I created to connect it to the USB B connector on the Brook. I ended up replacing the MCZ cable because the blue coating on the D- wire sucks and is a pain to get off without hot tweezers.
Next, I bolted the base back onto the stick and pulled the wires up. You will notice I completely removed the top to make it easier to work and not damage the cables inside.
Installed the EZ MOD board in the stock PCB location and connected everything up. Used the stock button board to connect to the 20P custom cable. so no need to rewire those
Buttoned up with some Purple Fight Stick Jewelry and tested it on Windows 10. Works great!