The Origin Of The Combo-System?

I was pretty sure I knew. In fact I still think I’m right. But this seeing this the other day on Twitter annoyed me,
and of course I responded saying: “Do better research next time”.

http://i.minus.com/iewyAw3tPSXom.jpg

And you get that link which gives you this:

I read that, and was pretty sure they were specifically referring to (even though I don’t think the writer was aware of it)
—is the chain-link combos, which we all here know are different from the user-base-created combos.

I was certain that it started with the original SFII cabinets, not Championship Edition, not Turbo,
and definitely not World Warrior, when players found out how to 2-in-1 with other moves/specials. And from that,
is where the ‘combo-system’ really took off into the statosphere. Am I way off base or what?

~K.

If I’m reading this right, you’re confused a bit. Combos were discovered in the original SF2, And original SF2 was World Warrior.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

SF2 IS World Warriors.

I see. I’ve somehow confused “World Warrior” (the edition of Fei, DeeJazy, Cammy, T.Hawk) as though that was the
subtitle of Super StreetFighter II. Hahah, goes to show how long ago I was playing those fuckers. -_-. That article however still makes me
think they were speaking of chain-links though and I’m sure certain yet why.

~K.

Fighting game discussion.