The "Quotes" thread 2010 edition

I love quotes threads. It’s been pretty slow around here lately, time to share whatever quote you are liking lately.

Threads like this usually have a few Bruce Lee quotes, here is one that you might not have heard.

If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you

If I tell you I’m good, you would probably think I’m boasting, If I tell you I’m no good, You know I’m lying.

• Bruce Lee

“Atlas Shrugged changed my mind, alright. When my best friend gave it to me before shipping off to Wharton and told me it had changed her life, I realized that she was a sociopath and that I needed some new friends.”

For something directly related to FGs:

*"Friendship… is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything. "

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” "

"My way of joking is to tell the truth. That’s the funniest joke in the world. "

“To be able to give away riches is mandatory if you wish to possess them. This is the only way that you will be truly rich”*

-Muhammad Ali

"The unexamined life is not worth living. - Socrates

Maybe I examine my life too much. I find that examining my actions and questioning my motives are the only way for my to ever make progress of any real substance in my life.

" I yam that I yam and that’s all that I yam. " - Popeye

Sometimes I over think things. I just am.

** “You Don’t Always Win Being Right All The Time.” - Unknown**

This one hits deep. I use to hold so hard to being right about shit. Really unimportant shit too. This one is key for me to getting along with others. I’ve ruined too many good moments and relationships because I just had to be right. There is more gaining to be done by just listening to what the other party has to say an remembering that I may very well be wrong about whatever it is we are talking about.

“A woman’s life is love and a man’s love is life.” -Unknown

“Think of what little patience I have as your virginity. You always thought it would be there until that night when you were feeling down, and your pal, Kevin, who just wanted to be friends, he dropped by and he brought a copy of ‘About Last Night’ and a four-pack of Bartles & Jaymes. And… It was gone for ever. Just like my patience is now.”

Dr. Cox from Scrubs

“Nigga…you gay!” - Riley Freeman

Survivin’ by killin’ aint no way to be livin’ - Kenuran

“Thou shalt not hesitate” - Kenuran

I will be in here alot till I remember every random ass thing I ever said.

“What do you want to ruin this for? You have everything going for you. You’re on a gravy train with biscuit wheels.”

–Big Ern’ McCracken

If you want quotes, read a Robert Jordan novel… Guy is a quote machine.

“Please don’t miss the short short scissor kick please. I’ll punish you.” -[media=youtube]EdlK7xeJJEQ[/media]

“I’m Mexican” - Monte

:cool:

“I worked with people who were geniuses with words. Tupac was a genius with words. But when I first opened up the Qur’an and read it, I knew no man could write this stuff.”
-Napoleon from the Outlawz

Heard that one last night in person…

The world is a stage but the play is badly cast."

• Oscar Wilde

“Don’t ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.”
-Catcher In The Rye

“People never notice anything.”
-Catcher In The Rye

“For now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see.”
-Neutral Milk Hotel

“Your eyes must do some raining if you’re ever gonna grow.”
-Bright Eyes

“The drunk kids, the Catholics, they’re all about the same. They’re waiting for something, hoping to be saved.”
-Bright Eyes

Posting a bunch of quotes like that is a surefire way to get them not read.

“But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.”

Umberto Eco

“He who angers you conquers you.” Elizabeth Kenny

“One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life:
That word is love.” Sophocles

“Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself.” Henry Miller

and this is from a song:

“Music For Life” -Busta Rhymes

Now, you know, this is serious thing behind the music that we’re doing. It’s like… music, for me man, it mean, it means everything, feel me. You know when we going through, our personal stripes in life. You’know’what’I’m’sayin’, we get up in that studio, close that door, lock ourselves in, that little four-wall space man. Get in the vocal booth and become whoever you wanna be, Express whatever you wanna feel, you’know’what’I’mean? When you going through your most frustrating time in life You’know’what’I’m’sayin’, you can realize that… When you can’t find nobody else to speak to, You can speak through the music. Help other people feel your pain, your struggle, your passion. You’know, what you live and die for, your values in life. You’know’what’I’mean?, music man. Is the voice of every being in the Universe What God had provided for us to communicate, when all else fails. It’s what allows us to be able to connect. With touching our hearts & the soul of the streets.

Wouldn’t it be more efficient to have one post with a bunch of quotes instead of a bunch of posts with one quote? Most quotes are one or two sentences long anyway.

“Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.”
-Albert Einstein

“Bitch, got some sticky situations, you got to go!” - My black friend telling a morbidly obese white woman he slept with to leave his house after sex.

“You ever seen the suds run down another man’s ass crack and get a little excited?” - My black friend making a joke.