SO what’s the deal with this:

-Top Tourney Placers-
Alex Valle
Frankie
Amir
Mopreme
True Karate
C-Royd

What do they all have in common, Ryu (SAIII). Alex returned with Ryu SAIII to show fools how to stunt. Frankie has been a wrecking ball for years with Ryu SAIII. Amir tore it up for 2nd place last ranbat. Mopreme quals with Justin for SBO EC quals. True Karate gets 3rd place. C-Royd…um…he’s Canadian and he plays Ryu. Is Ryu the new hotness?

Im gonna make sure to bring the urien nation to this so called uprising and shut it down.

Urien is the new black, not Ryu. Denjin Ryu is like the Blair Witch Project. A lot of hype, with no real substance. :slight_smile: Just kidding. Denjin Ryu is a tricky motherfucker and cat’s outta the bag. :-X

urien is slimming along with horizontal stripes

yun is still number 1

i got the stupid dope fresh rhymes yeaaaaaaaaaaaah booooooooooooooooyeeeeeeeeeeeee

3s is turning into sf2

but i think ryu would be god tier is there was no parrying :slight_smile:

Every week on those FFA ranbats I’m constantly scratching my head as to why Valle chooses SAIII Ryu.

He does CONSTANT EX fireball pressure. I’ve never seen him use a Denjin setup once (watched many of his recorded matches).

The way he plays he needs SAI. More meter for Ex’s and why not have the option of air reset shinkuu, c.MK xx shinkuu, c.lk c.lk xx shinkuu…

ryu SA3…meh…ryu sa1…PWNED. seriously why use denjin and not use it…alex needs to start picking sa1. i have no idea how he has been winning matchs like that.

how about b/c he plays footsies like no other…and does use ex hados…haha not to mention he can daigo shoryu…like well daigo…
but yeah he could do even better with sa1 haha it is more solid…

sorry but ryu isn’t very good. his s.mk is a great poke, but other then that, hes not really anything special.

Seems to me that the reason he uses SAIII is because he NEVER has a full meter, and SAIII allows you to use EX moves faster. Why have the ability to hold more, but at a slower pace, if you’re never going to need/want more than the 2 quick ones SAIII gives you?

And I think he used a Denjin in one of the FFA Best Bout videos…but it didn’t hit.

What do they all have in common, Ryu (SAIII). Alex returned with Ryu SAIII to show fools how to stunt. Frankie has been a wrecking ball for years with Ryu SAIII. Amir tore it up for 2nd place last ranbat. Mopreme quals with Justin for SBO EC quals. True Karate gets 3rd place. C-Royd…um…he’s Canadian and he plays Ryu. Is Ryu the new hotness?
[/quote]

Ryu’s always had skills in my opinion. SA III is it broken?

I’ve noticed a lot of Ryu’s lately, as well.

Alex’s not so much, but it would be neat to see!

Wait if you choose SAIII the EX’s are shorter than SAI’s? Wtf I never knew this.

I thought all EX’s needed same amount of bar no matter what SA you choose.

I think he is talking about the size of the meters.

the size of the meter wouldn’t matter lol all ex take the same amount of meter he says he uses denjin cause every round he has a denjin whether he uses it or not he has that option its not the same with sa1

Same here, maybe it’s a strats to keep pressure on his enemy cuz when denjin is ready they need to be hella careful and he throws out ex fireball instead :rofl:

Really…i’m also a denjin player and i can’t get the point of using SA3 that way too, but his footsies and ground game are indeed solid plus he beat lots of good players to be in the FFIA vids every weeks so he must be right!

I also agree that Valle would be better off with the SAI, although he probably has his reasons for using the denjin. I use SAI for more chances to use ex’s and cause I suck with the denjin…haha. Although he is 100x better than me, I use a similar style with Ryu; I use constant ex hado and ex shoryu pressure and I like to mess around with the air opportunities that the ex joudan gives you…all using SAI to open up more ex opportunities.

I think I misread. I should have said “stock” instead of “size”, but oh well.

I was really just trying to say “no, EX moves are going to be the same nomatter which SA you choose”

first off, the super itself saI sucks, it does no damage. saIII = scare pressure, but ex fireball is too good not to use. oldschool style is to slowly tick away at your opponent by scaring them and mindfucking them. saIII = the scariest. but to not use ex fireball when you have full saIII meter only restricts yourself

Hopefully if Valle is serious about using SA3 he will be working on adjusting his game for it.