THE RETURN of Slammin' Saturday Nights @ web2zone: April 28!

The last web2zone event that we threw was a SMASHING success. Over 70 players showed up for several tournaments and casuals. We had 3 tournaments with over 25 entries each! YOU THE PLAYERS came out and showed that we can really make shit happen.

WELL I’m pleased to announce some extremely good news: The owners of web2zone were SO impressed, we are DRASTICALLY UPGRADING for this event!

The Date: Saturday April 28th
The Time: 12 Noon-Midnight
The Price: $10 cover
The place: web2zone
54 Cooper Sq
(Cafe Area)
New York, NY 10003
212-614-7300

Directions

Via Subway

R : All Days (5:30am-11pm) to 8th street
N : Late Nights (11pm-5:30am) & weekends Only to 8th Street
W : Weekdays only (6am-9:30pm) to 8th Street
6 : ALL Times to Astor Place
–all these places take u about 1 block from the venue

Via Bus

M1 M2, M3, M5, M6, M8 to 8th street and Broadway

M101, M102, M103 to cooper square

via car

if you’re coming by car, just map quest or Google maps this—
54 Cooper Sq New York, NY 10003

The Skinny:

-MORE TVs
-MORE games
-MORE space (we get to use BOTH upstairs and downstairs)
-MORE time (the event starts at 12 noon and ends at midnight)
-MORE official tournaments
-LESS lag (tournaments will NOT be held on laggy LCD tvs but on brand new tube TVs purchased for this event)
-A megaphone so we can actually call players for their turns and they’ll hear us

OFFICIAL tournaments/ranbats to be held:

-SF3: Third Strike (had 33 entrants last time!) $2 entry
-CvS2 $2 entry
-Super Turbo $2 entry
-Marvel vs. Capcom 2 $2 entry
-Guilty Gear XX Slash (entry TBA)

Also, Virtua Fighter 5 as well as Tekken DR will be in the house on HDTVs.

Doors open at 12pm, short time for setup.

Casuals until 2:30pm.

Tourney signups start at 1:30pm for OFFICIAL games. This means MvC2, ST, 3s, CvS2, Guilty Gear, and Melty Blood SINGLES (unless you end up doing GG teams instead).

Tourney signups end at 2:30pm. Brackets are made and all official tournaments start at 3pm. Guilty Gear/Melty Blood might start later as I am not running those.

After some singles events begin to end (which I foresee to be around 7pm) we can see how much time/resources we have left to do teams. I think that teams should be RANDOM to avoid ridiculously powered teams. However this is certainly open for debate.

Parking is next door and is $25 flat rate for all day long. There is also LOTS of good food in the area.

SPECIAL NOTE: if you are sick PLEASE PLEASE stay home. Last time a lot of people caught a nasty bug from someone who was sick and still came. This should be avoided this time since we will not all be crunched up downstairs, but still, please use your heads and take care of yourselves.

Also anyone who farts in the tournament area will be subject to immediate DQ/bannage from Web2zone. That shit was RANK last time!

I hope to see just as many people, if not MORE, come out for this event! This will be perfect practice for Evo East which is only 1 month after this event.

THERE WILL BE ANOTHER MELTY BLOOD TOURNAMENT AT THIS SHIZZZZ TOO, TMNT:TF AS WELL, SO COME BACK OUT FOR IT GUYS!

Let’s get Vic and Saiyd up to snuff so they can get to SBO in beast mode!

<3

too good

$5 entry pwease???

No.

Any games that I run will have $2 entry. This promotes more participation from the common gamer. If it had been $5 entry last time, we probably wouldn’t have had half the turnout for the tournaments. Plus, we will have more TVs for casuals and stuff, so nobody should be bored.

Please note that any non-Capcom events I am not designating any entry fee, so if they want to do $5 for guilty gear or melty blood, so be it.

I am down people can’t wait.

Spike Tv Present’s!

im in tinshi dude im suppose to be gettin a brand new stick if u want to buy that tekken stick off me let me no since u used it all last tourny lol… im in for cvs, 3s, MB:AC, ST, and MvC2. GET HYPE!!!

chibi you running the butt darts tourney this time? I know last time you were pressed for time but I really had my hopes up for that tourney

go away i hate you

with those dumb avatars you have you make it to easy :arazz:

I’ll be there again.

So, by then I should be ready for some real Slash play.

Yo Chibi, you wanna run a A3 tourney that day? I wanna see how many people are still playing this game and I actually want to get something started with this.

Also, Hokuto No Ken will be on the PS2 by then, so I might get some folks into that as well.

i still hate you

HOKUTO NO KEN TOURNEY HOSTED BY ME!!!

$2 entry fee

come face the most beast RAOH ON THE EAST COAST!!!

Haha.

Can’t wait for that shit <3.

I’ll be whoring out Toki because I’m a tier whore. Gonna have to place my pre-order on playasia.com for this.

any chance we can get a MK tourny going last time we had some guys gettin into the oldschool MK2 and MK3… if anyone is interested ill host and run any MK tourny if time provides it 2$ entry post and let me know.

CHIBI’S ADVATARS FTW :slight_smile:

Wow…already people are hyped about the event…thanks guys for everything :slight_smile:

Also add DOA4 tournament to that list for all my doa4 peeps…all 5 of them lol

doa4

$2 Entry

you want MK, bring your own TV and system.

2 tvs for GG PERIOD. No more 4 1/2 hour tournaments. deathscythe, you bring your ps2 and game for the tournament, I’m waving tournament fee.

BTW, the tournament fee has yet to be announced, but keep in mind: I can’t add a pot bonus. I’m tight on cash as is. Sorry :[

That said, how do you GG heads wanna do it? I’m prolly going to do the $2 deal as well, because we really DO need more players.