The Sanwa and Seimitsu FAQ

anyone has the dimension of sanwa JLF? maybe I missed it when I was looking through this thread but I didn’t see it.
also http://akihabarashop.com/catalog/seimitsu-LS3201.jpg I only see the height of the stick, what’s the length and width of this?

I’m just wondering, is the Sanwa JLF still the most popular stick for fighting games in Japan now? From what I have heard, a lot of 2d fighters are now using the Seimitsu LS-32 series in cabinets instead of the Sanwa, and vice versa for 3d fighting games. Just seeing if anybody can confirm/deny this.

I would like to know that. Plus, what is the OEM stick used for Melty Blood and Guilty gear?

One more thing, will the Seimitsu microswitch fit in a Hori button? Ps-14-g to be exact.

Thanks,

BBH

I believe the LS-32 are used in most older games like 3rd strike, CvS2, alpha 3, super turbo, etc and the sanwa jlf are used in the newer 2d games like guity gears, melty blood,Arcana heart full!, and most 3d games i.e: tekken 5: dr and virtua fighter.

so a JLW and a JLF only differ in feel and wiring, and the kind of restrictor plates you can get from them?

also, I was planning on using a JLF with an octagonal gate but I read a few pages earlier that octagon plates have problems with diagonals, is this a legitimate concern or is more of a player preference thing?

Just a quick question, the Seimitsu PS-14K snap-in at 2 3 or 4 mm material thickness right ?

Ok, y’all I need some help on this one:
What stick is this?
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6637/1103070100arj1.th.jpg
AFAIK it looks like an old Seimitsu does anyone know the model?

Looks like a Seimitsu LS-32 (no -01)

Ls32

Seimitsu LS-32 with a Sega custom mounting plate intended to fit their Astro City and older arcade panels (newer panels use a different design).

Can I use newer LS-32’s? It looks like the mounting plate is welded on.

While the mounting bracket is probably welded to the panel the mounting plate should be attached to the stick body with screws. In order to get the correct mounting depth/shaft length you’ll have to remove those plates and reuse them with your replacement joysticks.

I think it’s more of a preference thing. I play worse on a square gate myself.

The best thing to do is just get both and see which one you like better.

Can anyone who’s up to speed with the different Seimitsu buttons confirm whether they all have the same feel to them please?

To explain what I mean by this, I made a stick using PS-14-G snap in buttons and prior to this had used both happ competition pro and sanwa OBSF’s. The sanwa buttons are too sensitive for my liking, only requiring you rest your finger gently on top of the button to activate it, the happ competition buttons require you actually push the button down to activate it, the PS-14-G buttons also require you actually push the button down to activate it (aswell as having an pretty flat top).

I’m looking at various suppliers of Seimitsu buttons and not all suppliers stock the PS-14-G buttons, i’m not too fussed about the shape of the buttons but can anyone confirm if there are other buttons (for example are all seimitsu buttons like this?) that require a full push to activate rather than the very sensitive sanwa buttons?

Got a weird question…if I got the Seimitsu LS-32-01, would I be able to put the LS-32 mounting plate on it? Would it use the same mounting points as the Sanwa JLF-TP-8T?

So the new ('07/'08) Seimitsu catalogue doesn’t seem to mention skeleton or pearl buttons… PS-14-K and PS-14-K, respectively. Have they been discontinued?

I believe the PS-14-K and PS-14-P have been discontinued, but Seimitsu has released the new PS-14-KN, which is just a screw-in version of the PS-14-K. Check Per’s thread for pictures.

Yes you can put the flat plate on the ls-32-01 so you can also have the pcb and 5-pin connector. Wait to get the RE-Mounting plate and compare it to your JLF plate before you drill the holes. If you align them properly the holes will match up.

The mounting depths are different between the LS-32 and the JLF though. The JLF sits low in a recess under the plexi and the LS-32 needs to sit high and practically touch the underside of the plexi.

I may just be an idiot, but I got several questions that I need to ask. I recently bought a premade stick at a Gamestop for $15, a steal once you think about it, looking to replace it with Happ parts. I bought the stick against buying KOFXI, for the record. I bring this baby home and open the package when all of the sudden when I go to feel the stick, it was rubbing against something and I felt resistance in the stick. Wondering what the hell is up, I go and open the case when I see a floor tile(it was cut to fit the case) that was sitting on the stick, the buttons, everything. I promptly removed the tile and now everything is fine with the stick.

Here’s my question to those who have bought premade sticks, is the use of tiles as weight a common practice? Pics of the evidence upon request.

You probably bought a Saulabi (Korean stick). Saulabi is known to be super ghetto and weigh down their sticks with concrete blocks. The stock joystick may be ok. Check to see if it has leaf switches or microswitches. If it has microswitches, then your stick is a normal Fanta. If leaf switches, then put a regular Fanta in it. The stock buttons suck and should be replaced with Crown buttons (Happ buttons may fit and you will have to enlarge the holes for Sanwa/Seimitsu). If the stick is the wireless one, then it probably lags and you should swap the PCB to a PS1 dualshock (you can buy this pre-wired with quick disconnects, be sure they fit the parts you will install, in the Trading Outlet). You can buy Korean joysticks/buttons from laugh.