The SFIV PowerPlay Beatdown - Cordova, TN - Feb 27, 2010

Hey guys,

I am pleased to announce what will hopefully become the first of many tournaments,
the Street Fighter 4 PowerPlay Beatdown!

When: February 27th, 2010. Tourney proper starts at 5:00 PM. Show up by 4:00 PM and register early for casuals before 5:00

Where: The location for the event will be PowerPlay Videogames in Cordova.
Address is 841 N. Germantown Pkwy, Cordova TN 38018. It’s directly beside the Outdoors INC. However, it can be a bit tricky to locate, so here’s a Google Maps link
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=847+Exocet+Drive,+Cordova+TN+38018&sll=35.149534,-90.04898&sspn=0.880334,1.234589&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=847+Exocet+Dr,+Cordova/Appling,+Shelby,+Tennessee+38018&view=map

Format will be double elimination, best 2 out of 3 per set. Semis will also be 2 out of 3, but we may bump it up to 3 of 5 if time allows. Finals is 3 out of 5. Loser may switch characters, winner must keep same character. We will be on 360, but we will do our best to also have a PS3 setup for those who prefer it. We will have casuals before the official start at 5:00 for warmups.

BYOC. Bringing your own controller or stick is highly recommended. I will try to have Fightpads and classic controllers available for public use, but in the end if you want to be sure that you’ll be on a controller you prefer, bring your own.

The tourney will be held on the in-house monitors, which will be tested beforehand to ensure we are using the ones with the least lag. May the best player win.

Prize money will be determined by number of entrants.

If you’re going up to Final Round in March, this is a good opportunity to get some practice in. This is the first one I’m helping organize, so hopefully we can do this on the regular.

Questions? Just send me a PM here, or email me at sf4memphis (at) gmail (dot) com. You can also call the venue at 901-522-4271. Thanks and I hope to see you there!

Hiryu is 5:00 p.m. registration of the start of the tourney?

Sorry, tourney starts at 5:00. You can pre-register until 5:00, but I’ll clarify that with the venue today. Early registration is preferred so you can start getting casuals in. Sorry for the confusion, I’ll update once I get more info confirmed.

I’m there.

Oh, no! It’s

[media=youtube]DQtKY0vtBTE[/media]

I’ll be there… got lots of TE work to do…

I’ll be there. Chances are I’ll go 0-2 anyway, so I can be back in Oxford by dinnertime. :stuck_out_tongue:

Good to hear, DaRabidDuckie. I do hope to see some North MS folks up there, but I’m just being optimistic. If you arrive a bit early, there should be some casuals going on after signups, so hopefully you can get a good number of games in regardless. Thanks for the support, its much appreciated.

A tourney in Memphis? I’M THERE!!!

Shit Duckie you can’t bounce early. You know we have got to get in some HDR.

Oh damn, son… one of us will have to bring our PS3 setup and just play HDR all night. We’ll get knocked out quickly anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t forget, this is just a week away now. Practice those matchups!

I’ll be there covering it as press. The Memphis area needs all the press it can get, because I think we have the talent to surpass So Cal and NYC for the best SF4 players in the US.

And it feels like I’ll be there for the casuals to B.S around with the guys for interviews.

I’ll be there covering it as press. The Memphis area needs all the press it can get, because I think we have the talent to surpass So Cal and NYC for the best SF4 players in the US.

And it feels like I’ll be there for the casuals to B.S around with the guys for interviews.

That’s good to hear, Cupcheck. We greatly appreciate the support.

Hope everyone is ready cuz I am! Bring the A-game perras!

Last place confirmed.

What’s funnier is that I’ll be the one to knock you out this time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Are they paying out in store credit? If so, might wanna let people know. xD

We actually talked about this last night and it is a cash pay out.

Duckie: If you dont knock O out I think Eraser will. His Bison is gunning for O something fierce. :wink:

Awesome, I’ll definitely be there :slight_smile: