17 Jesse SAVAGE
17 Kevin HELLA SHOULD HAVE PLACED HIGHER Nguyen
17 John STOP BEASTING IRVINE Go
17 David MY UPGRADE Tu
17 Tommy I FUCK HELLA BITCHES Woodland
17 Reset I KEEP MY DAD WAITING FOR HOURS WHILE I PLAY MARVEL
17 Jay MY HEAD IS WAAAY TOO BIG FOR MY BODY Son
17 Jesse CVS MONSTER, MARVEL SCRUB Gan

Dunno how sets went or anything, somebody else can post that shazzle.

CvS 2 24 entries

1st Peter K GROOVE IS TOO GOOD Rosas
2nd Albert TOP 8 AT EVO Nguyen
3rd David I LOSE TO SCRUBS AT THE COMMONS BUT GET 3rd IN TOURNAMENTS Ammons
4th Amir BARELY BEATS BILL Amirsaleh
5th Bill HAHHAAHHAHHAA 5th PLACE MUTHAFUCKAS Wellman
5th Nam I LOOK LIKE GO GO Thai
7th Warren SOUTHTOWN SAVAGERY Pattern
7th Tong I RAPE AND PILLAGE Ho
9th Daniel I PARRY ALL SORTS OF SHIT
9th Manuel Bermudez Jr
9th Jesse Gan
9th Ace Vallega
13th Willie
13th Ademola
13th Steven Peng
13th Tommy
17th Steven Rodriguez
17th Christian Garrido
17th Peter Avila
17th Kenny Guerra
17th Kevin
17th David Tu
17th JC Melgar
17th Jonathan Bigalbal

Dunno how sets went for this either but Albert is a fucking monster and I helllla should not have gotten top 5. CvS is fucking stupid.

I’m fuckin tired and will post rest of shit tomorrow.

Hey, props to potter and deus. They went beyond the call of duty to throw this tournament for us. Potts didnt jack any money, even if he did, he ran two tournaments for no reason just because he loves the srk community and yall muthafuckas so much. He shoulda kept all entry fee’s and not hand out shit to anyone. Him and Bill can split the pot GGPO.

Nah but gg’s to everyone. Chris was on point last night, fool had all the infinity gems on his knuckles.

oh shit chris

Stop that fuckin’ beasting peter, Geez.

LOLOLOLOLOL msh is the shit.

5th in cvs2 lol fuck you

gj to bill, potter and rico for running the tourney… it was dope, gg’s to everyone

chris from sd is a beast

what teams were used in cvs2?

thanks

ummm…from what i remember

combo used…

1. A-Groove Eagle/Rock/Bison
  2. K-Groove Rolento/Cammy/Sagat

i used…

1. C-Guile/Ken/Sagat
  2. P-Yamazaki/Ken/Sagat
  3. P-Yamazaki/Cammy/Sagat

David used(he got third)

1. C-Blanka/Chun Li/Sagat
  2. A-Blanka/Sakura/Bison

unbannable. =o

gj chirs :cool:

Good games to everyone I played in XX and #R yesterday: Selfscience, Josh, Deuce, Combofiend, Scott, Lawrence, Brandon, Justus, and fuckin’ E-RRYBODY else. Everyone always has some dope shit with their characters whenever I see them play, but I have nothing, haha. Guess I gotta work on that!!!1

Good shit all around. Especially to Albert (AKA “American Daigo”), I wish you could’ve beasted on me in CVS2 but I only had enough dough to enter XX. >=(

Well, I could say the same to you for placing 5th in CvS2…

Ok so first off I’m going to address all of the problems we had with this tournament.

1st. Casual/Tournament playing we had the night before until 5 AM

Phat Toi brought a bunch of people to Pentland the night before and I told him I would throw a tournament for him since he drove a long way and he wanted a tournament. So we had the tournament and we had SIXTEEN people enter, we also had over 25 people there for casuals. Because it ended so late, this discouraged many people from showing up ON TIME the next day. Next time we will not have a tournament the night before and we will end casual play at a reasonable time.

Tournament results from that.

1st. Phat Toi RILLEST IRON MAN IN THE GALAXY
2nd. Demon Hyo aka Potter
3rd. Bill I HATE FIGHTING IRON MAN Wellman

2nd. Parking Issues

The last time we held a large tournament at Pentland, we had everyone just park at the nearest lot, (the place I dropped everyone off at) and we didn’t have any trouble with parking tickets and such. This time Windyman got a ticket, (sorry Windyman =() and we had to first, FIND A NEW PLACE TO PARK, then GET EVERYONE TO PARK THERE, then ACCOMODATE ALL THE PLAYERS VIA TAXI SERVICE.

So, I decided I’d have everyone park at the KUCR Radio Station because it had a bunch of parking spots and we’d been parked there all day without getting a ticket. But, some random guy told me that the radio station needed a few parking spots and that somebody was parked in this lady’s parking spot. So, I had to come back to Pentland and get a few people to move their cars AGAIN, (REALLY SORRY ABOUT THAT ALREADY, MY APOLOGIES: ADEMOLA, DANIEL, ALBERT, DEUCE, CHRISTIAN).

We repark at another lot which I think is ok to park at because I misread the sign and think it is ok after 4 PM. I notice that I misread the sign and that we had to repark those cars AGAIN. At this point I feel like a fuckin moron and I have to have a few guys move their cars again. REALLY SORRY ABOUT THAT SHIT.

But at this point Jesse tells me that we can park off of Watkins Dr. which is relatively close to Pentland. So for next tournament our parking situation is solved, everyone can park off of Watkins and we will not get ticketed.

This problem also affected the sign ups and shit.

Late Arrivals, Starting the tournaments

When I initially posted about the tournaments, they were to START at 2 PM. This would have been the case; however, many people didn’t arrive until 4/5 PM. Not many people seemed to care about this but a few people couldn’t stay until the end namely Reset. For the next tournament all of them will TENTATIVELY start at 2 PM, if you are late you will be placed in losers. I understand that many people couldn’t get off work because they didn’t hear about the tournament until a few days before Saturday but this time I am giving almost a months notice about tournament so everyone has time to get the day off.

In this tournament we HEAVILY accomodated the players rather than the tournament, next time it will be a tournament instead of everyone show up for casual and we’ll have a tournament on the side.

Because I was driving players back and forth from the parking lots and it was ALREADY 5 PM, I couldn’t do sign ups. I asked Potter to run them for me since he has hella experience running tournaments AND because I trust him. He did sign ups voluntarily and he deserves hella props for doing them AND for partially running Marvel. This is where things start to get shady, sign ups end and more people to start to show up and a few people call in saying to hold them a spot.

Potter DID NOT RUN EVERY TOURNAMENT. No one should be blaming him for anything that happened because frankly none of that shit was his fault. Blame me if anyone.

At the next tournament this is what I will be doing.

In order to enter Pentland, you will give me the money for whichever tournament you will be entering, you will then write your name down for the game(s) you want to play. The money will then be placed in an envelope FOR that game. You will receive a slip of paper or some other receit of some sort STATING what game(s) you entered. After sign ups are over, I will place the 1st 2nd 3rd money into 3 separate envelopes.

Overall, this tournament was a warm up for a larger tournament we will have next month and now I know all of the shit I need to change so that it will run a lot smoother and be a lot better for EVERYONE.

As for the pot money being short, 3 people wrote their names down without paying. And, some of the games received more money than they should have due to number of players being incorrectly tabulated.

I TALKED with AMIR about him not receiving money for 3s and he said he was FINE WITH IT, so all of you people bitching about that shit just shut the fuck up, that shit isn’t helping anything. IF AMIR WAS NOT FINE WITH NOT GETTING ANYTHING I WOULD HAVE USED MONEY FROM THE XX AND MARVEL POTS TO GIVE HIM MONEY.

And Amir, the pot was not short 40-50 dollars, that is a ridiculous exaggeration. After calculating everything we were short 10-15 due to cvs and xx receiving more money than they should have.

I can guarantee that next time we will not have issues with pot money and parking will not be a problem.

I thank EVERYONE that came and I hope you had a good time even though I don’t think the tournament was a success. I held this mostly as a warm up tournament for the major tournament we will be having next month. The projected date is SUNDAY JUNE 13. Right now pretty much everyone from AZ is confirmed. Details will be posted shortly.

Next months tournament will be much better than this one.

Also, everyone stop bitching at Potter, he did nothing wrong and was simply helping me out because I asked him to.

you said pot money.

potters a beast. so is amir. and everyone else. all you beasts need to stop beasting.

that’s not true, your gay jump throw from half screen away was tight…you just need to iad tatami after you do it then start with the guess ups…and counter more.

matt: LOL, that’s thug as fukk…only 5 dollars. well, it’s all good, you got to play ur game. who’d u use anyway?

Coo’, thanks. I’ll work on that shit like every day until Evo. >=D

I just used Baiken in the tourney, but I think I should’ve used someone else (Sol/Millia/Jam) against Scott’s Testament. When he picked Testy, it was difficult for me to get close because he doesn’t have to chase her (like some characters do), he can just summon Barney, throw skulls, and set webs/trees to cover himself incase I try to IAD. He has a really solid Testament too! Good shit Scott.

I’ll teach you how to beat shitty testament =o Come over for practice nigger.

scott needs to stick with johnny :wink:

LOLOL wtf is barney? the big pink face?