The Skullgirls General FAQ

Prince, there are seven backgrounds: New Meridian, Medici Tower, ASG Labs, Cathedral, Little Innsmouth Day/Night, and Maplecrest.

Er…no unblockables. Not no mixups

Sorry about the mistakes. Just trying to do my part. I meant unblockables. Didn’t realize about the stages. I was going off of the ones on the official website for that one.

Edit: Credit goes to Pizzarino for the write up and konkrete for the idea to get them here for you to add to the faq

[INDENT=1]Buttons[/INDENT]

[LIST]
[]6 attack buttons. Tagging in and assists are 2 buttons. Setting assists to the otherwise unused 7th and 8th buttons on a TE stick works out fine.
[
]No universal launchers. Launchers and functional chains vary per character.
[*]Throws are a two button command, so throw whiffs happen often.
[/LIST]
Jumping

[LIST]
[]SG allows each special move once per jump. Parasoul’s Napalm Toss chains into itself, so it’s the only current exception.
[
]SG super jumps are generally smaller than in MVC3 and don’t force the screen up as far.
[*]Launchers are the ONLY moves that can be super jump canceled.
[/LIST]
Assists

[LIST]
[]SG assists cannot be called during hit stun, during a super jump, while preforming a special move, while preforming a super move, or while preforming a throw.
[
]SG assists enter the screen invincible, but have 3f of standing vulnerability before the move starts, even if the move has invincibility frames. Asissts won’t do anything if the point character gets hit while the assist is on the way in.
[/LIST]
DHCs

[LIST]
[]SG DHC work mostly like MVC2. As long as the background has the color shift from the super, the DHC window is open. MVC3 depends on the animation, not the background.
[
]Level 3 supers will only spend 2 meters when used as a DHC.
[/LIST]
Pushblock

[LIST]
[]Pushblock is 2P at any point during block stun. The pushblock animation is 25f.
[
]Pushblock is the only way to soften chip, but only prevents the recoverable portion.
[]It is very possible to create a longer block stun for yourself by pushblocking at the very end of normal block stun. Sometimes not pushblocking at all makes for an easier punish.
[
]If another hit lands during the pushblock animation, the “push” ends. These hits receive the same chip reduction and have 25% of normal block stun.
[*]Pushblocking an assist pushes the assist.
[/LIST]
Dashing

[LIST]
[]Both double tapping a direction and 2P works for dashing.
[
]Some characters have a run. Hold the direction after either input to run.
[]Wavedashing works, but only for some characters. It’s actually practical for Filia.
[
]Current characters with air dashes have 2 way air dashes only. A simplified input helps IADs, and the minimum height for IADs is character specific.
[/LIST]
Combos

[LIST]
[]One OTG per combo. Anything can OTG if it hits that low. A typical knockdown has an impact and a small bounce before the opponent can tech, so anything between consumes the OTG. Hitting the opponent out of slide stun is similar, and the second time either knockdown happens in a combo the opponent can tech immediately on impact.
[
]Damage scales as the combo gets longer. DHCs reset scaling to 80%.
[]There is no gravity scaling or hit stun scaling or anything like that. Infinite prevention!
[
]There is no “hard knockdown”. If the opponent hits the ground in non-knockdown hitstun they land on their feet and get 1 extra frame of hitstun.
[/LIST]

Why isn’t this thread sticky-ed yet?

The combo meter has unique phrases 1-100, more spread out 101-999, and random special stuff on certain numbers. Where da training mode at?

Is this really true?

BTW, I think it’s odd that the 17 hit descriptor is milquetoast, I wouldn’t call 17 hits milquetoast at all. The word sort of has an old timely vibe, but I feel that word could be used for something like a 3 hit combo. lol

Went through the FNF videos for a few more specfic combo number phrases. Here’s what I could find.

2 - Poetic
3 - Cute (Happy)
4 - Adorable
5 - Sweet (Meh…)
6- Neat (Meh…)
7 - Lucky
8 - Neat!
9 - Stylish (Neat!)
12 - Good!
13 - Unlucky
14 - Genial
15 - Precocious
19 - Great
24 - Awesome!

Some of the ones from earlier vids have been replaced (earlier ones are in parenthesis) and some were repeated initially. Most of the older vids didn’t have phrases implemented yet.

I also noticed while researching this that the combo at the end of a round wasn’t giving a phrase at all. Like the counter was frozen by the end of the round and waiting in limbo to see if any more hits connected. On purpose or something that hasn’t been worked on yet?

I kept a brief list from WNF a few weeks back, just throwin them out there

All I have that hasn’t already been posted:
10 - Fancy
32 - Boom (exact # hits in Peacock’s Lv3, btw)

The combo adjective for 32 is now Anatiferous which according to Peter means “producing Ducks”.

:coffee:

producing ducks? what on earth.

if it comes through next wnf and i’m not distracted i’ll lurk some games and try to keep a list.

but honestly most of us don’t get past 10 or 12 much unless it’s like peacock lv1s or parasoul lv3s

That’s what I said! :xeye:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/anatiferous

That will be awesome if you can. I know the first thing I’m doing when SG is released is finding the easiest infinite loop and sitting in training mode listing all the adjectives :rofl:

There’s plenty of time to be productive later!

was sorta sidetracked + the numbers we’re missing are kinda hard to get to at this point so all I managed to jot down was:

Visionary - 20

then we got a parasoul lv3 happy birthday in training mode and I’m almost positive it said “Porsche,” 81 hits =| …I uhh… I may have read it wrong iunno.

Looks like this thread is coming along nicely. Good work Chibers :3.

-Tha Hindu

Why have I not stickied this yet…?

-Tha Hindu

It’s this year already.

About air-dashing. Some Characters can can AD cancel out of a normal like Valentine and I believe Painwheel…

peace out cUDDY:cool:

I think anyone with an airdash can cancel out of normals (all/some?), I know Valentine and Peacock can, and I’m fairly sure Filia can. Ms. Fortune I have no idea, though.

Painwheel doesn’t have an airdash, but she can fly cancel all of her normals and throws (ground and air).

SENNTINNNAAALLL

I don’t suppose this game has a strictly 1v1 mode, does it?

There were talks about letting people to restrict this stuff in options but IIRC they didn’t implement it. Although you can create lobby with “1v1 only” title or whatnot.