The Skullgirls General FAQ

Why have I not stickied this yet…?

-Tha Hindu

It’s this year already.

About air-dashing. Some Characters can can AD cancel out of a normal like Valentine and I believe Painwheel…

peace out cUDDY:cool:

I think anyone with an airdash can cancel out of normals (all/some?), I know Valentine and Peacock can, and I’m fairly sure Filia can. Ms. Fortune I have no idea, though.

Painwheel doesn’t have an airdash, but she can fly cancel all of her normals and throws (ground and air).

SENNTINNNAAALLL

I don’t suppose this game has a strictly 1v1 mode, does it?

There were talks about letting people to restrict this stuff in options but IIRC they didn’t implement it. Although you can create lobby with “1v1 only” title or whatnot.

Chibi, if you’re working on faq right now, you can take links to movelists from my sig. i’m pretty sure someone will ask about them after release. Don’t want that shit happen second time >_>

Chibi you should also add in the FAQ that in order to tech grounded regular throws the opponent must stand up. Holding down, down/back, down/forward and mashing on throw will not give them a throw input (only a c.LP).

There might be a flood of questions about stuff so here’s some resources I think may be of use

Dumbest question I’ve probably asked but why does it keep giving me random colors when I pick my character? I only use Filia so thats why I noticed. Is there a way to change it ahead of time because i haven’t found anything yet.

Maybe you’re using button shortcuts?

Just using the A button at character select :confused:

That’s strange. I’ll recommend to go and ask Mike in GD while he’s still there.

how is the dashing? is it 3p dash or stick dash
is there wavedashing
is there airdash cancels

2p dash and stick dash both work.
there is wave dashing, some wave dashes is better than others.
Not sure what you mean by airdash cancels.

can I cancel hits with an airdash?
can i cancel hits with a jump, then cancel the jump with an airdash?
can i cancel out of an airdash with an attack?

Filia and Peacock have combos that require you to airdash to continue, so yes to canceling attacks into air dashes and air dashes into attacks. Not sure about M. Fortune or Valentine but I don’t see why they couldn’t.
I know that at least Peacock’s air dash let’s her build up momentum, because if you attack RIGHT after air dashing she just stays in place.
I don’t think you can jump cancel anything other than launchers (not sure if you can do it on block but you can do it on hit, even if it hits and assist and the point character blocks…), I would try it in training mode but I am too lazy to use both controllers.
There is airdash buffering so if you press up+2p the air dash comes out the first possible frame.

I’ll answer the first two, yes.

The third, I believe Filia’s air roundhouse puts her out of airdash state, but I don’t know for sure.

Where’s the list of command inputs? I can’t find it on the pause menu or anywhere in this game (except looking it up on this forums website).