The Sonic the hedgehog thread V.7 2017 its been generations since the last good sonic game

That whole twitter thread is gold

Hoping for sonic mania 2 with Amy, Vector and Espio

This must have what the characters from the Birdbox movie saw that made them kill themselves.

and I’m pretty sure he’s going to look worse in CG…

I’m ignoring that.

Just saw that cutscene again earlier, it’s incredible. Its flaws makes it even better lol, Sonic interrupting Shadow’s sentence, the music getting louder than the voices to the point it becomes hard to hear what they say… and then you have Sonic and Shadow running faster as the conversation gets more heated until they have their final fight. The dialogue is awesome too, they finally stopped trash talking and just appreciate that they’re worthy rivals. Damn I loved that game

IIRC I think the GC version of the game was the one with audio issues. Characters didn’t talk over people in Original 2. Really evident in the cutscene where Sonic and Shadow first meet where Sonic and the GUN soldiers cut each other off. GUN soldiers don’t even finish telling Sonic to put his hands up.

Yuji Naka chimes in

Former head of Sonic Team and lead programmer of 1991’s Sonic the Hedgehog Yuji Naka has commented on the alleged leaked images of the upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog film, and he appears to be less than impressed.

Naka reacted to the images on Twitter, and said (via translation) "When the unofficial image of the Sonic movie comes out, I think that it is leaking strategically, but it is not good because it will go to the IP of Sonic [as a video game] when it becomes a topic in a bad direction.”

He also noted that it’s strange Sonic’s hands are made of white fur, saying "It is shocking that his bare hands are white.” In a separate tweet, he noted that it’s important for designers to look at Sonic’s body as a whole, and that these alleged images could use some more balance.

In otherwords “its shit”.

When are sega gonns announce Sonic Mania 2!? Like I dont need any pics or anything just that its in development.

Get the fanbase really excited again.

1 Like

I’d imagine that they won’t mention anything of the next sonic project until after team sonic racing’s release

I rather not know about any upcoming games unless close to release. I like how when Capcom announces a game we only have to wait 9 months for it. I don’t want Sega pulling a Square Enix announcing games a decade early.

Someone who claims they got an early cut of the sonic movie did an ama on reddit

Sonic’s origins: Sonic escapes his birth planet as a baby (rings are how Sonic got to Earth. He can throw one and imagine a place and it will take him there), is found by an owl and grows up on Earth. Ends up alone after some time and grows up staying hidden. He pretty much scavenges and lives in the shadows. He is known as “the blue devil” to the locals and thought of as an urban legend until he is found out about. Loneliness gets to him which leads to the government bringing in Robotnik to find the energy disturbance caused by Sonic. (Sonic makes an electrically charged run when he focuses or gets extremely emotional. His charged run is why he gets detected and how doc comes into the film.) Hijinks ensue and a good story is told as Tom the cop and Sonic become besties.

How Sonic and Tom meet: Tom has raccoon problems in his trash. When he goes to deal with it, he sees Sonic face to face for the first time. He tranqs him and puts him in a cage. Robotnik shows up, but they escape and Tom begrudgingly agrees to help Sonic. Sonic has to go to San Francisco because he activated his ring portal power and dropped the bag of rings into it, dumping them on top of the Golden Gate Bridge (donuts may also be involved? The wording on that detail was a bit confusing). Tom drives him there because he is moving to San Francisco to prove to himself that he can handle real cop crime and not Montana small world problems. Tika Sumpter plays Tom’s wife Annie. She’s a veterinarian and since she was known to Sonic when he watched them from afar as being kind to animals, he felt he could trust them both.

Eggman’s role: Robotnik (who is never referred to as Eggman) is just a psycho doc that works for the government initially. He has drones that can track and shoot, as well as a large tank. He’s super obnoxiously smart and makes tons of comments in the film about how superior his brain is. Has the typical long coat and all dark evil scientist look, short mustache as well initially. He gradually gets crazier and more obsessed with Sonic as the film goes, and doesn’t rock the signature look until tail end of movie, when he is defeated and ends up on a foreign planet that Sonic was supposed to escape to in the event of being found on earth. He is now hefty and rocking the full blown 'stache.

Misc Extras: There is one major car chase scene/battle. Sonic flosses (the dance move) afterwards. In another scene, Sonic creates an Earth bucket list after Tom agrees to help him get his rings back. Sonic sneaks off while Tom makes a phone call in a backwoods gas station. Sonic creates a ruckus and a bar fight ensues.

Other Sonic characters in the movie: None. It’s just Sonic and Eggman.

Of course this is all rumor and hearsay…problem though is that there appears to be a baby sonic toy in the works that is slightly propping this up. sigh…

Sonic panel in 2 days from for south by southwest. Don’t know if anything will be announced or not.

Panel stream

Showing sonic team racing right now

I can say that I contributed to the cycle. I did get my nephew into the series and he’s a massive fan.

Masochists. All of you.

…I can’t.

2 Likes

Me: image

Also me:

Just from the trailer you know Jim Carrey will carry the movie and will likely be the only thing people will like about it. Everything else needs to get snapped.

4 Likes

That world-wide EMP blast… smgdh.

Chris Claremont wept.