The SRK Movie Fanatic Thread (REVIEWS, QUESTIONS, RANTS, STARS...ETC.) EVERYTHING!

Nah man, credit where credit is due lol

Haven’t played Splinter Cell :sad:

I watched Karate Kid part 2 a lot when I was young, but I never really thought about how it’s actually a really well done sequel. It’s a completely new story that’s not a re-tread of the first film, it’s set in a completely new location with all new supporting characters, the location is beautifully shot, the villains are complex and interesting (much more than in the first one…“I was wrong, HATE is wrong…”) and the call backs to the first film are done in cool ways (Daniel trying to do the crane kick and getting stuffed is an all-time classic film moment). Lots of good emotion throughout the movie. Honestly it’s probably a better film than the first one. Oh and it’s got the great opening scene that takes place right after the first movie ends…I love those things!

Now part 3 is just hilarious(ly bad) and is the standard retread formula that most sequels are.

Finally saw Django. My top movies of the year:

1. Dredd
  2. Argo
  3. Django Unchained
  4. Moonrise Kingdom
  5. Cabin in the Woods
  6. The Grey

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!

[media=youtube]5U9KmAlrEXU[/media]

sorry Idris didn’t get the lead so you could love it.

http://www.superb-villains.com/images/test.gif

“A man and woman are drawn together, entangled in the lifecycle of an ageless organism. Identity becomes an illusion as they struggle to assemble the loose fragments of wrecked lives.”

i am ready. >:(

News to me:

Looks awesome!

What’s the verdict on The Hobbit?

Oh yeah, the Hobbit came out. It was okay, Freeman was good as Bilbo, but just kinda routine after the LOTR Trilogy. The magic was kinda lost the second time around…

Dredd was okay. Better than the Stallone version, closer to the comic, but still kinda dry. Shoulda let Lena Headey go crazier.

http://d10oq7ycfhpb9j.cloudfront.net/pictures/cb4b69eb9bd10da82c15dca2f86a1385.jpg

got dang vampires

Holy shit at the Eddie Murphy and Nicolas Cage ones :looney:

Also @Goodm0urning, what did you mean by Inception not following dream logic?

stallone gets me too

the other day I saw some dude on a news paper add that looked just like me. I dont read papers but my dad totally freaked out when he saw this and was like “did you post any ad on some paper or something?”. I have a twin somewhere I dont know about.

brb calling snaake’s mom right now. need answers :eek:

edit: nick cage inception :eek:

Moments in dreams tend to free-associate between information that has recently been active in your brain due to having been used in waking life. The “dreams” in Inception are simultaneously too ordered and too unrelated to anything else that the characters experience to make much sense if one thinks of them as dreams. That’s why I pointed out that they make more sense if one thinks of them as shared fantasies or storytelling. Inception has everything in common with those things and very little in common with dreams.

I agree, completely. That aspect of the film never quite sat right with me.

Wasn’t that the entire point? The subject (and taking into consideration the ending the viewer as well) is meant to believe that they are not dreaming; that’s why they have an architect. It’s been awhile since I last watched it but I remember there were plenty of instances where they drew from the subject’s memory/recent events, for example when Cillian Murphy’s character is with his father, the whole pin wheel thing. I can’t remember why there was a snow level, but at that stage Murphy’s character was fully aware he was dreaming, so whether that was or wasn’t drawn from his memories doesn’t really matter does it?

The movie goes out of its way to point out that even in legitimate dreams, which don’t correspond to the logic of reality, you are almost always unaware that you are dreaming. And the stuff of dreams comes from data that’s already in the head of the dreamer, so the snow material was (as far as the movie shows us) apropos of nothing.

So no, it was not the point.

I watched Pitch Perfect, which is basically Bring It On’s bastard love child with Glee. Anna Kendrick is very toothy in that movie. Also, the longer I looked at her, the weirder looking she got. She’s like a word you say too many times until it no longer sounds like a word.

Was it kinda like Emily Browning’s face in Sucker Punch? I know she was named Babydoll, but I couldn’t tell if they were trying to make her look like a doll or if it was just some plastic surgery disaster. The movie sucked anyway, but the whole time I was like “What the fuck is with this chick’s face?”