The SSJ5 General Thread: E3 happening but Ono doesn't Spirit Bomb

Its ghiff

The creator of the format says its “jif”, too bad he is a computer nerd and not a linguist and doesn’t understand how the language works.

That and the fucking g in gif stands for GRAPHICS, a HARD G.

Yeah man where’d you see this?

Have fun man!

New to fighting games or SFV?

Who are you playing as?

I should have never got back to street fighter! My work became incredibly boring and tedious now that I can only think on going back home and playing

Any GG players here can tell me if there are endings added to Jam and Dizzy in arcade mode already? I remember doing their arcade mode when they were available and there wasn’t any ending.

it’s supposed to be jiff but i and everyone i know pronounce it giff so giff it is.

One day you’re gonna surpass the SRK legends here like Windalfr and Deviljin and become one yourself. Keep grinding!

I started of with sf4 in 2013 and only able to do jhk crhk.

jump roundhouse, sweep is still basically the best combo 1991-2017

Yeah, they didn’t have any endings because Jam was added late to the arcade iirc and Dizzy was DLC. Both of them along with Kum (insert laughing monkey here) and Raven will have their own stories and endings now in Rev 2.

I hope I can continue playing the Rev 2 demo today but I guess it won’t work anymore since my us account only gave me a 2 day trial for psplus. I am fucked right?

Not as much as someone that has GG on PC and will not see Rev 2 for a while

If you ever share any of my tech again, I’ll fuck you up in real life.

I honestly have no idea. I’m pulling that it doesn’t just not work when your trial ends.

You won’t be waiting that long if you’re planning to buy it. It’s coming to steam on June 1st.

6 days is an eternity.

how am i supposed to keep up with what is hip on SRK if this thread is so damn fast
im illiterate so im having MS Sam read this to me and he is really struggling

Improve your skimming abilities bruh. Skip over the low tier

And pay attention to the top tier

And you’ll get through just fine. =)

Naw dog. This ain’t sports, this is eSports! Long sets are just a waste of time. All you’re learning are the tendencies of one player.

You’re better off playing short sets against multiple opponents.

Stick with me and you’ll go places. Don’t worry, you’ll get better at this game in time. Just keep at it!

All you need is a positive attitude.

I believe in you!

Who’d think a coked up rapper had a huge ego?

No, I agree that long sets are best. One of the many reason why I think that I haven’t leveled up in this game is simply because I don’t get to play long sets very often. In skullgirls I played the same 5-6 players hundreds and hundreds of games, many sets going into the 60 game range or so.

Then I’d jump online in ranked and just destroy everyone save a for a very small amount of people. I learned that ranked was bad because I was getting used to not adapting past a certain point. I could run the same reset/mixup over and over again and it hit almost every time. I wasn’t getting practice using lots of strategies, just using the most obvious ones. In short, ranked was making me a worse player… so I quit ranked with something like 100 games played and 85 won… or so.

Sets made me an exponentially better player.

The only time I feel 1 and out or 2 and out makes people better is when it’s in an arcade because you get to see the guys that beta you, lose, and see what they lose to so you can then use it against them. That’s why arcades breed such strong players… everyone looking to topple the top dogs and you get a mountain of evidence of how they play and various ways to fight them. One opponent exposes your bad AA? Everyone else is jumping on you now, till you learn and adapt.

I don’t think best of 2 or short sets are bad, but they definitely favor a certain style of play that doesn’t favor longevity.

LPN is a great example of a player that tends to get worse as time goes on. All those funky tricks and mixups get downloaded over the course of more and more tournaments and then if that type of player doesn’t have things to fall back on if their fundamentals aren’t up to snuff, they start to lose.

There is no way I think I’d ever be good at any fighting game online just playing first to 2’s.

I need sets to figure out players and matchup specific things so I can try out various solutions till I find some good ones.

For me personally I like to have about 3 different players of a character to fight against so that I can learn a matchup fully. Playing against a defensive or offensive person can give you the wrong info on a matchup if you are only playing that person and not varying opponents.

Once I’ve got a few people to play against in a matchup I can start to formulate a matchup specific game plan that works on any user of the character more or less, as long as I’m still adapting to various personal opponent quirks and weaknesses and strengths.

This is one reason why I’ve started to get better at the gief matchup. I have about four different gifs that I fight against that have wildly varying styles of play and I’ve gotten a style of play that gives all of them a hard time, whereas I was basically free to two of them for months, regardless of my character.

I still haven’t played any SFV since the Thailand stage fiasco.

I’ve been playing Dead Or Alive 5 instead - it’s fun, and downright hilarious when I’m thinking “Come on, do the parry - you know you want to”, and they actually do it. It’s been like not watching a comedy but playing one.

But I feel the proper itch for a good street fight, but I’m not firin’ it up before they restore the Thai stage :tdown: